News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Meditation position question

Previous topic - Next topic

phaseshiftR1111

Hey everybody. I had a question on meditation position. What position do you use? Do you sit down?

I have this thing and idk if this is supposed to be how it's done I am curious. I meditate laying down, I meditate sitting, I meditate standing up. I even meditate walking. Isn't it just a matter of quieting the mind? I try and avoid laying down so I don't fall asleep but can't you do this in any position? I like meditating in the grocery store with my eyes open doing what I need to get done. I just have very minimal mind chatter. Kinda cool...

Astralzombie

Sounds good to me Cody. While some people may find certain positions more comfortable than others, it isn't a bad idea to experiment and mix it up a bit.

Then prevents you from become over reliant on certain positions and some believe that different  positions bring different results.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

It's great to become proficient Meditating from all positions and in different circumstances as well. As AZ says "that way you don't become "reliant" on a certain position" or even one particular technique in general.