News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Meditation question

Previous topic - Next topic

OB1

Hi,

i have a question regarding meditation.I recently started meditation and im doing a breathing meditation and im trying to not think about anything,i actually succeed very easily at not thinking about anything
the only problem is that most of the meditation i have highly vivid imagery which plays in my mind like a movie as if i was not in control of it.None of the things i see,are things that i think about ,they just appear.

Am i doing something wrong ? or is that normal or if its wrong,what should i do to make it a proper meditation ?

Thanks !

EscapeVelocity

If you think you are borderline sleep, then this might be hypnogogia kicking in; you're borderline dreamstate...it is noticeable when the imagery process starts to move beyond your control. Remain calm and ask to move to sleep or an experience, whichever you prefer...the key is to simply know where you are and where you truly want to be. You can shut it down completely with a willful Intent. If you feel comfortable, go with the flow with whatever is presented...as long as it is sane and reasonable... This is a wonderful opportunity to go OBE; actually a bit more difficult to shut it down and simply descend into sleep.

Either way, don't be afraid...you are doing fine. Wherever you are, nothing can hurt you and Intent is the key, so know what you want to do and execute it. You will either be put into a lesson (so be ready for that) or you will arrive at your destination (again a lesson will be waiting for you) so don't be disturbed if it's not quite what you expected.

It's kind of haphazard at the beginning, so you have to just see where you fall out...have fun! You won't get bruises!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bluefirephoenix

It's hard not to focus on the visuals, sounds or sensations bought on by focusing on spiritual reality. It's important to go past that though and get in deeper. Otherwise those shadows will toss you around like a football. You get bruises but you might be spinning your wheels for a bit before you get any traction.

OB1

Actually i wasnt anywhere near borderline sleep,i just did about 10 minutes worth of meditation and the images were present within about 1 or 2 minutes after i began.I was in relaxed but nowhere near any deep relaxation or anything.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on November 13, 2014, 01:40:34
If you think you are borderline sleep, then this might be hypnogogia kicking in; you're borderline dreamstate...it is noticeable when the imagery process starts to move beyond your control. Remain calm and ask to move to sleep or an experience, whichever you prefer...the key is to simply know where you are and where you truly want to be. You can shut it down completely with a willful Intent. If you feel comfortable, go with the flow with whatever is presented...as long as it is sane and reasonable... This is a wonderful opportunity to go OBE; actually a bit more difficult to shut it down and simply descend into sleep.

Either way, don't be afraid...you are doing fine. Wherever you are, nothing can hurt you and Intent is the key, so know what you want to do and execute it. You will either be put into a lesson (so be ready for that) or you will arrive at your destination (again a lesson will be waiting for you) so don't be disturbed if it's not quite what you expected.

It's kind of haphazard at the beginning, so you have to just see where you fall out...have fun! You won't get bruises!

I actually found another variation of the same mediation i did ,now i simply count my breaths which really helps clear any thoughts or images although i find that counting makes me fall asleep.I guess ill find something better.

Quote from: Bluefirephoenix on November 13, 2014, 05:37:00
It's hard not to focus on the visuals, sounds or sensations bought on by focusing on spiritual reality. It's important to go past that though and get in deeper. Otherwise those shadows will toss you around like a football. You get bruises but you might be spinning your wheels for a bit before you get any traction.

OB1

Hi i had one more question,

so far ive done 4 days of meditation, in total about 2.5 to 3 hours and when i chose to , i close my eyes and almost instantly im in that meditative state ,is that normal ?

for example when i chose to do the meditation i just close my eyes and within 5-10 second my mind/body is in a meditative state that would normally take 5-10 minutes to reach.

The only thing is that im still having trouble pushing away the thoughts but im getting better,and i have no more imagery which is great.

Kzaal

Yes this is perfectly normal, you're developing your focus and you can attain the meditative state much easier, it's exactly like someone who goes to the gym. The more you train the easier it gets.
The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.

OB1

Quote from: Kzaal on November 17, 2014, 00:42:43
Yes this is perfectly normal, you're developing your focus and you can attain the meditative state much easier, it's exactly like someone who goes to the gym. The more you train the easier it gets.

Great ! i thought i was kind of imagining it or something but ive tried this 4 times today and everytime it worked so thats awesome.Thank you!  I made a mistake ,i actually did about 6 hours of meditation in 4 days,

DreambreaX

Meditation

1) Position: make sure you sit comfortably while your back bone is straight and not leaning against anything.

2) Time: The time of meditation is when you are getting relax, if you are stress or too much think about your work today or tomorrow, it will not work, find a good time that you are relax. Dont instantly meditate after eating, wait for 1-2 hours, and dont drink too much.

3) Art of doing nothing: meditation is the art of doing nothing. not to think of anything, but you are full of conscious or awareness. If you are totally blank or not aware, stop. Because negative energy can influence you at this time. Make sure you are fully conscious and not thinking of anything. Remember that meditation is the art of doing nothing.

DreambreaX

Quote from: OB1 on November 12, 2014, 23:33:33
Hi,

i have a question regarding meditation.I recently started meditation and im doing a breathing meditation and im trying to not think about anything,i actually succeed very easily at not thinking about anything
the only problem is that most of the meditation i have highly vivid imagery which plays in my mind like a movie as if i was not in control of it.None of the things i see,are things that i think about ,they just appear.

Am i doing something wrong ? or is that normal or if its wrong,what should i do to make it a proper meditation ?

Thanks !

Its normal, just let it be. stay a little focus of not of thinking of anything

astral towers

Ha Im jealous I just posted a thread asking the exact opposite! I WANT to reach the visionary state! I rarely reach that in meditations for some reason...I would consider it a blessing that it comes so easily to you!

mon9999

If your goal for meditation is just for stress relief and to experience inner bliss and well being then I suggest using Sanskrit and Buddhist mantras.. You don't have to quite your mind the mantra will do it for you and it will raise your vibration you would be smiling the entire day  :-D  :-)

Szaxx

It can take years to achieve the 'instant visuals'.
It took me a while to develop these to obtain a concious projection at will.
If you want to do this too, have a read,
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.