News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

My Realization

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanth

It's amazing really... I mean, I have known this for a very long time, I've known it on a very intellectual level, but it wasn't until very recently this lesson finally worked it's way to my heart.

It goes nicely with the post I made on my website recently... now THAT is synchronicity.  LoL
QuoteSo I've come to a rather perplexing conclusion about my Projection practices over the past several months.

I've been listening a lot to spiritual teachers such as Adyashanti, and even the less "spiritually-inclined" such as Tom Campbell lately... and this is what triggered this particular realization. I feel I've had some significant transformations over just these last couple weeks that lead me in this direction.

I've found that the more I've been delving into my spiritual side... the more I've been growing... an the less active I am in actively practicing astral projection.

For example, I really doesn't bother me if I project anymore, it's simply phased out as a desire within myself. I tried practicing this morning because I had the day off work, and I found myself not really caring if I projected or not. Not because I was lazy or anything, but because I genuinely had no "want"... that's not to say I don't project anymore, I have enough spontaneous projections that happen to me now, they almost seem to be happening on their own accord now and with greater frequency too.

Is anyone else finding this? As you experience the non-physical more and more, your attention is drawn more and more to the physical? Everyone goes through a cycle from time to time where they lose interest in projection and then one day pick it up again... this isn't it. I'm well versed in that particular cycle, as I've gone through it many times prior. This is more a fundamental shift in being *me... or more appropriately, it's a fundamental shift in my *being*.

That's not to say I'm not going to continue sharing my thoughts and ideas here on my website or anything crazy like that... hehe Although, I think my posting might "open up" a bit to take on more of a spiritual turn and I guess I'll finally able to fully utilize my website name: Unlimited Boundaries. I knew I chose it for a reason... because it was quite limiting only talking about Astral Projection. LOL
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/08/31/my-realization/

So, I apologize in advance if I stumble a bit from here on out on this... I've *JUST* learned to walk.  :)

Volgerle

Quote from: Xanth on September 01, 2012, 14:46:24I really doesn't bother me if I project anymore, it's simply phased out as a desire within myself. I tried practicing this morning because I had the day off work, and I found myself not really caring if I projected or not. Not because I was lazy or anything, but because I genuinely had no "want"... that's not to say I don't project anymore, I have enough spontaneous projections that happen to me now, they almost seem to be happening on their own accord now and with greater frequency too
Still you do not suffer from total lack as you say. It is easier to give a way some snacks or the dessert if you naturally still have a full plate to eat from every day, so to speak.  :wink:

The interesting question (for you to answer to yourself) would possibly be the case if you would not (be able) to project at all anymore. Would you be willing to relinquish all of it without inner struggle or regret?

It is right that we should have as few attachments as possible. But some we have also to foster them if they do no harm. AP does not have to be but CAN be a means to gain spiritual advancement (or lower your consciousness entropy as Mr Campbell would say  :wink: ). On the other hand it should not become a means of escapism from this world, as you would betray the purpose why you came here in the first place: to Xperience physicality.

I recommend K. Leland's book on using AP as a means for spiritual evolution. He also states that it is important to be in the present physicality, it is even a requirement to experience better other planes of existence available to us from our present physical state.

Quote"[T]he inner senses are also available to us in waking reality. If we deepen our awareness of how they operate in waking reality, then they're instantly and easily available during astral projection and other adventures in consciousness." - K. Leland

Here's more on this book:

http://www.kurtleland.com/my-books/multidimensional-human/88-the-multidimensional-human-summary

It is important to gain a holistic view and approach on experience in both realities, PMR (physical "waking reality") and NPMR alike. If we train our awareness in both 'modes' of existing then the skills can even be mutually supportive. That's another reason why I would personally not (yet) be ready to relinquish AP.

Xanth

Quote from: Volgerle on September 02, 2012, 08:13:18
Still you do not suffer from total lack as you say. It is easier to give a way some snacks or the dessert if you naturally still have a full plate to eat from every day, so to speak.  :wink:

The interesting question (for you to answer to yourself) would possibly be the case if you would not (be able) to project at all anymore. Would you be willing to relinquish all of it without inner struggle or regret?
If I never projected again, I think I'd be just as happy.  I *THINK*.  :) 

QuoteIt is right that we should have as few attachments as possible. But some we have also to foster them if they do no harm. AP does not have to be but CAN be a means to gain spiritual advancement (or lower your consciousness entropy as Mr Campbell would say  :wink: ). On the other hand it should not become a means of escapism from this world, as you would betray the purpose why you came here in the first place: to Xperience physicality.
That would be my thoughts on the concept as well.

QuoteI recommend K. Leland's book on using AP as a means for spiritual evolution. He also states that it is important to be in the present physicality, it is even a requirement to experience better other planes of existence available to us from our present physical state.

Here's more on this book:

http://www.kurtleland.com/my-books/multidimensional-human/88-the-multidimensional-human-summary
Thank you Volgerle!  Since I've re-found my love of reading, I'll definitely have to put this one on the list. :)

QuoteIt is important to gain a holistic view and approach on experience in both realities, PMR (physical "waking reality") and NPMR alike. If we train our awareness in both 'modes' of existing then the skills can even be mutually supportive. That's another reason why I would personally not (yet) be ready to relinquish AP.
Yeah, I'm sure I'd be okay with that, but I know I'll never stop spontaneously projecting.  LoL

todd421757

Xanth,

You definitely bring up some good points in this post. I will give you a theory of spirituality that is based upon my projections which may or may not be what you are experiencing.

You mentioned "I've found that the more I've been delving into my spiritual side... the more I've been growing... an the less active I am in actively practicing astral projection. As you experience the non-physical more and more, your attention is drawn more and more to the physical?"

I have found this same thing about projection up until a few months ago. Now, I think it comes down to a loss of energy that technically occurs with dreaming, projection, and obe's that causes this loss of spirituality. Zareste made an excellent post about this.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/you_revert_back_to_the_physical_for_energy-t37946.0.html;msg311181#msg311181

This loss of energy causes us to feel less spiritual and less motivated.

I have been working on ways to reduce this loss of energy that occurs during non-physical projections. I have been making progress. As a result, I feel more spiritual after a projection.

The less you dream and sleep, the more energy you have. It is opposite of what people tell us. The quicker the projection, the better.

Contenteo

Good point Xanth.

It is frustrating. Like a programmer trying to explain C++ to someone has never seen a computer, or to someone who has only used the net a few times. There is a intrinsic knowledge divide that is just so impalpable.

And for all intensive purposes, it sucks. As one one becomes more adept at a skill, they must relinquish their viewpoint of not understanding, which connects them to so many people.

I see it in myself. When friends describe their experiences to me. Giving them the advanced help you think they need is rarely what helps them. The mental constructs of the greater reality exists both so solidly and so frailly in peoples minds. Like an expensive vase, you cannot be the one to break it. They must break it themselves or this untold, but pervasive malice seems to be born deep within.

QuoteStill you do not suffer from total lack as you say. It is easier to give a way some snacks or the dessert if you naturally still have a full plate to eat from every day, so to speak.  wink

If I never projected again, I think I'd be just as happy.  I *THINK*.  Smiley 

I may be too. Or at least for a little while. Only to come up for air. I can't remember last when the greater reailty didn't matter to me.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Stookie_

Quote from: Xanth on September 01, 2012, 14:46:24
I've found that the more I've been delving into my spiritual side... the more I've been growing... an the less active I am in actively practicing astral projection.

For example, I really doesn't bother me if I project anymore, it's simply phased out as a desire within myself. I tried practicing this morning because I had the day off work, and I found myself not really caring if I projected or not. Not because I was lazy or anything, but because I genuinely had no "want"... that's not to say I don't project anymore, I have enough spontaneous projections that happen to me now, they almost seem to be happening on their own accord now and with greater frequency too.

Is anyone else finding this? As you experience the non-physical more and more, your attention is drawn more and more to the physical? Everyone goes through a cycle from time to time where they lose interest in projection and then one day pick it up again... this isn't it. I'm well versed in that particular cycle, as I've gone through it many times prior. This is more a fundamental shift in being *me... or more appropriately, it's a fundamental shift in my *being*.

Maybe it's not that you don't care if you project anymore, but that you've outgrown the way you've always approached it and what it's about - to keep approaching it that way would be spinning your wheels. You can't ignore the non-physical, all parts are equally important - you just said this yourself recently. I would bet if you sunk into physical life you'd eventually get the urge to start projecting. Spontaneous projections just aren't the same thing and you'll want more. I don't see how anyone could experience the non-physical on a regular basis and then decide it doesn't do much for them. My experiences have let me peek under the curtains, and now I'm more determined than ever - I want more than just a peek. I want total freedom.

I'd say this is just another one of many phases. If anything, the more you progress, the more you realize things are in constant flux and there is never a conclusion, it's constantly evolving into something else, and your perception has to change as well.

Lionheart

I am at at a point where I have stopped creating a focus "intent" per say and instead trusting my inner self/guide, whatever you wish to label it as to show me what I need to see and teach me what I need to learn. I read a long time ago here that you should always maintain a intended destination of focus, this I have found is simply not the truth. My goal is to learn, to advance my knowledge. If I am only going to focus on places/destinations of my current intent then how are am I supposed to learn new things?

fin

Taoistguy

So very true. We can give all the help and advice we can, but if someone isn't listening or has only just learnt to count then why explain algebra to them?
We have a duty to ourselves and it's a 'blessing' when we happen upon someone at the same resonace as ourselves.