News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Pain is Temporary. Knowledge is Eternal

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Being optimistic is easy when you haven't a care in the world. But when you are in a midst of a fire, the pain keeps one pinned down.
These thoughts came to me while watching "The Waltons". I came across this show when I was looking for something free on Prime and I started watching. This TV series started before I was born, but I've always liked the old movies and shows as they portrayed life as it was with all its hardship and struggles, but also showed clearly the lessons learned and the joy behind the shadows.
My empathy reduces me to tears while observing others struggle. These TV characters are reflections of many human lives, and I can see all sides of this "game". I wish that everyone knew that pain is only temporary, that they could see light existing somewhere waiting to shine upon them, and that the knowledge from the life lessons are forever. To give them comfort in the times of hardship. I want to hug every soul that is in pain and tell them "It's going to be all right"  :cry:
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

EscapeVelocity

This fantasy of Life on Earth is such a profound and harsh educator. The constraint of Time keeps us in thrall of Yesterday's bitter remembrances, as well, it's fleeting and fading joys; Today's immediacy and necessity of action not knowing its' results; the quizzical foreboding of Tomorrow's likely boredom or possible surprise.

Whoever designed this Earth Learning System was surely at once genius and insane.

What price did we pay for admission?

LightBeam, you have brought forth one of the few gems to be found in that great dungheap that is American television. Don't get me wrong, although most endeavors of nearly anything produce prodigious amounts of junk, this underlies the process where true value may be, at times, found. The Waltons tv series was one of those gems. This series depicted an American family spanning three generations, living under one roof, in Depression-Era America, 1933-1944. The series lasted nine years and never depicted grand gunfights or car chases or serial murderers; the series just showed "life" among a family and the local community. The series debuted in 1971 and we were all pleasantly surprised that it somehow caught on and captured much of the heart of America. Maybe because, in 1971 America was caught in one of its' many national personal struggles: with the Sixties racial struggles still not quite settled, another questionable war in Vietnam tasking our National soul, economic and political uncertainty...the list goes on. Once again, America was searching itself for meaning and identity. This show, with the superlative writing, characterization and acting, surprisingly captured a huge audience in a way that was unexpected.
And the music at either end of the show, simply sealed the deal; the definition of wistful and poignant. The music almost always makes it or breaks it.

I was eleven when the show began, and my family watched it every week for years; that is, while I watched my family slowly dissolve into an eventual divorce of my parents and the dissolution of our family to the Four Winds. So, it was especially meaningful to me in more than a few ways. In my late teens, age and circumstance led me to miss the final couple years of the show, but the significance of its importance never left me.

The show taught good, common, practical values...the kind of weekly messages that any family or person could be better for hearing. It came at a time that was especially important for people and families, but for the country, I think it helped reinforce us for what would come...and is still coming.

Of possible interest to Pulsers is that the fictional place of Walton's Mountain was within about ten miles of The Monroe Institute, in South Central Virginia.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

omcasey

Quote from: LightBeam on January 07, 2023, 23:19:32
Being optimistic is easy when you haven't a care in the world. But when you are in a midst of a fire, the pain keeps one pinned down.
These thoughts came to me while watching "The Waltons". I came across this show when I was looking for something free on Prime and I started watching. This TV series started before I was born, but I've always liked the old movies and shows as they portrayed life as it was with all its hardship and struggles, but also showed clearly the lessons learned and the joy behind the shadows.
My empathy reduces me to tears while observing others struggle. These TV characters are reflections of many human lives, and I can see all sides of this "game". I wish that everyone knew that pain is only temporary, that they could see light existing somewhere waiting to shine upon them, and that the knowledge from the life lessons are forever. To give them comfort in the times of hardship. I want to hug every soul that is in pain and tell them "It's going to be all right"  :cry:

It is just interesting timing, that I see this posted not a day following me seeing this post title:

Pain is temporary, knowledge is eternal

A theme is playing out for me and there is certainly something here in what you've said for me.

Like you, last night when watching a show ( The Chosen, season 3 episode 5 ), I found myself in a feeling of great empathy for a character who had been suffering a 12 year malady, due to a significant level of pain I myself was in that moment experiencing. Through the duration of the show I find myself turned more inside out, in an engaging dialogue with an invisible someone about just this : pain. What I found myself knowing through the dual focused experience is that we are not meant to be perpetually in this level of pain and I found a growing faith, and even knowing there was something out beyond it. A miracle occurred in physical space, and an incredible experience through the night and early morning ensued. ( ( my log can be read here ).

LightBeam

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on January 09, 2023, 00:48:19

Whoever designed this Earth Learning System was surely at once genius and insane.

That would be all of us, LOL

I didn't realize this place was close to the Monroe institute. It's on my bucket list to attend one of the programs one day, as I dreamt to learn AP when I was a young teenager living on the other side of the world and reading the only book on the subjects available at that time. Although my mind was telling me that this was an impossible dream, my heart was telling me otherwise. And today a few decades later I am closer than ever, and this trip is at my fingertips. I can get up and go tomorrow if I wanted to, as I have the means. Looking back, I can see clearly the patterns of creation and not a thing ever failed to manifest one way or another. Truly fascinating.
But when I get up there, I shall like to submerge to the story of the Waltons and feel the essence of the spirits of these characters, as everything is real whether in this dimension or another.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

LightBeam

Quote from: omcasey on January 09, 2023, 23:29:55

A miracle occurred in physical space, and an incredible experience through the night and early morning ensued. ( ( my log can be read here ).

Oh, how extraordinary, Casey! What an experience! We can find many ways to tap into the energy field through our own beliefs, whether that'd be the Jesus energy which has been fueled by the billions of people walked the Earth through their faith, or the Buddha energy sustained the same way, or accessing the very core of All That Is from which all of us are made. Whichever the way, it leads to powerful creations.

I watched "The Chosen" at the theater before Christmas. I heard that an acquaintance of mine was sad that none of her friends were available to go with her and watch it, and I offered to go with her. It was very moving. Jesus was a great teacher and whether his story was portrayed accurately, or the concept of God explicit in the bible, there is no denial that this energy is strong and powerful.
Captain Jack Sparrow

omcasey

You know, the interesting thing is that I tapped directly into my own consciousness field specifically through the feeling of empathy. This was truly extraordinary.

I have no current/local belief regarding Jesus. I have never read the Bible, was raised in a mathematical/scientific household, void of religion and religious beliefs. Everything was focused more generally around simply gaining an education. I have not even spoken to people directly and in any detail about who they think he is. This said, I have met him multiple times through the OBE and he has come more than a few times through the crystal. So I know I have a connection, a relationship, even, *more specifically ( more deeply ) with what I would call the Christ Light but also with he, himself, personally. He is not the only one from the Bible who has come around through the OBE, Lucifer also has, multiple times. I don't feel I have any ingrained bias in the current body relative to either of them. But in my direct experiences with them I can feel the differentials in our energy signatures. With Jesus they are little to non-existent, likely because I meet him as he was born unto our world. With Lucifer they are vast. To my current personification there is a repulsion, in his presence is the closest I have ever felt to being sided. I would, in this sense not be sided with him.

Kodemaster

Quote from: LightBeam on January 07, 2023, 23:19:32
My empathy reduces me to tears while observing others struggle. These TV characters are reflections of many human lives, and I can see all sides of this "game". I wish that everyone knew that pain is only temporary, that they could see light existing somewhere waiting to shine upon them, and that the knowledge from the life lessons are forever. To give them comfort in the times of hardship. I want to hug every soul that is in pain and tell them "It's going to be all right"  :cry:

Thank you, I really needed this message today. These are my wishes also, for everyone on this planet. I am trying to get better at turning my depression-and-PTSD fueled doom and despair into thinking "things are not all black and white; maybe there's an inbetween somewhere in the shades of grey." What also helps me is to watch videos from people a lot older than me reflecting on their lives, talking about regrets, and giving advice to younger generations. The majority of the elders interviewed stated their biggest regrets were worrying too much about the future. That is helping me stay grounded and worry less.

Looking to the glimmer of hope in dark times -- the helpers -- and counting my breaks has also helped a lot. I am working on radical acceptance that problems will continue to pop up, and that it's not personal. My hope is that our needs spoken and unspoken are met. Sending out wishes for peace.
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!