News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Seeing stars? (Sparkly vision)

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

This happens for me, too. It is mood dependent for me. When I'm relaxed, calm, and my concentration is good then the sky sometimes looks like it has lights in it. They move. A friend of mine told me that seeing these can develop into seeing shapes rather than just dots, but that there was no benefit to doing so. What I'd thought was that this was what the earlier posts on orbs was about, but it wasn't clear because these are more dots than big orbs.

Mobius

Hi guys

Yes this sounds like one of our earlier posts,& the things we were talking about were like little sparks or stars or little bubbles winking in & out of existence,not sure what it is,must be an explanation.

Good journeys

Mobius

bitsmart

I've been wondering about this phenomenon for about a year now. Only recently did other people start commenting on it, which is better from before when all I got in response is "what the heck are you talking about?" Here's my take on it...

I think it's definitely energy related, and it seems to get more pronounced when drawing energy. Eyes open, it is seen as an overlay on the vision. Sometimes it even distorts what I see very slightly. Eyes closed, it looks completely different. This phenomenon is probably third-eye related, possibly pertaining to clairvoyance? In my experience, the frequency and strength of it has increased in the past year of my spiritual development, from when I first noticed it.

If ANYONE knows what this is, I wanna be the first to know.

bitsmart -
information illumination -
bitsmart@bitsmart.org -

Tom

Are we seeing energy that is out there, outside of ourselve? Or are we seeing energy that is in our bodies that just happens to be circulating through the eyes and / or the optic nerves?

SteppenWolf

I might do some more research on it.  I must say that I feel quite elated when I see the sparkles as it's such a crazy effect.  

About the bubbles or squiggles though, I am pretty sure that it's dust or something on the eye.  Thing is, when I see a squiggle when looking at the sky - I look at another cloud and the squiggle always follows.  So it's not external - it's something in my vision.  Bit like a spider on a telescope or something.  I'm really surprised that so many people claim that they're something else.  

But the sparkles are quite different and take a bit of focusing to see.  I will try to see if I can enhance the vision and will try some energy raising too - thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
SteppenWolf http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Tom

This is something mentioned in an explanation I once saw of how to start learning to see auras. The advice was to go outside, relax, lie down and look up into the sky. Around trees is good, too.

Shirley

Hi Everyone,

I read with interest your various takes on 'splarkly vision'... I don't see this anymore - at least not like I did as a child. As a child, at night in my bed I would see blotches of primary colours of stars and moons come pouring into the window and disintegrating into the darkness of the room if my mum left a little window open. I was six at the time (I remember my age because of the house we lived in then). My twin sister would sleep soundly but asked me to waken her when they came into the room again. One night I did and she saw them but just when straight to sleep again - she liked her sleep! So were they objectively 'out there'? I think so. I think subtle things are everywhere if we can learn to increase our perceptions and awareness. However our intentions/perceptions  seem to affect outcome also - so it is not so straightforward - which is why we all experience reality so completely differently. But isn't opening our perceptions ans awareness essential in understanding what it's All about?

Over time - and I cannot remember when exactly but long ago - these shapes turned into colours around people. I began to 'see' people's 'atmosphers' (as I called it as a child). The same textures and the colours increased from purely primary colours to subtle varieties of colour which is what allows me to understand the nature of what I am seeing. Unfortunately I cannot do this at will. I need a plain background and a certain relaxed focus. However I delight in this gift when I can see other auras.

I am no expert but I just wanted to say that I do think these colours that you are seeing have a relevance to 'clear seeing' ... and help us to realize that there is more to life than what ordinarily 'meets the eye' :-)

Warmest wishes,
Shirley

SteppenWolf

Perhaps I found the same aura training you were talking about, Tom.  It;s at the start of world-renowned healing guru Barbara Brennan's book "Hands of Light".  I've been moderately interesting in the idea of seeing auras for a while but it just seemed too damned hard to see anything which was meaningful.

Note that Barbara says that the dancing dots in the sky are one of the easiest phenomena to see in nature, and that they're not sylphs, but small "sparks' (my word) of orgone energy.  Looking at the way they moved in quick spirals and zig-zags, it did seem unlikely that they were spirits of any kind - and as they are always so evenly space out.

Anyway I finally tried Barbara's idea this afternoon.  The first step was to see all the dancing points of light in the sky on a sunny day (looking away from the sun of course).  Seems it's a bit easier if I cup my hands around my eyes so I can only see sky and no other distractions, eg trees etc which I might focus in on.  After about 20 or 30 seconds I saw them - all squiggling around like crazy.  They are bright dots which travel in bizarre squiggly patterns, spread out fairly evenly all over the sky.  I just kept looking at them enjoying the view and allowing myself to get more in tune with seeing them so that they got slightly brighter and clearer.  Every time I blinked it took a second or so to get them back again but that was ok and pretty normal.

Then the next step was to bring my focus down to a point in the sky just above a tree in the back yard, which I did.  Then as I was looking at the sky I could see out of my peripheral vision a distinct light blue haze appear above the upper leaves of the tree!   I knew to only try seeing it out of my peripheral vision from other things I'd read.  So that was cool!

Then I tried to see the dots of energy in the sky more clearly - and then I noticed that not only was there a light blue band around the tree top, but my hand (which I was cupping around my eye) suddenly had this hazy thin dark blue line around it.  Freaky!  

I won't read too much into all this but I am going to practice more tomorrow and if the results hold up I'll be making a web page on it with images showing what it all looks like and the easiest way to do it.

Cheers! http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

xanaxjj

i have experienced these little dots you speak of... but you say they are when you look up at the sky.. however i have seen them in other areas as well.. i think maybe we most notice them in the sky because it is the most readily available, relatively clear background, and i think some sort of background plus good light makes it easier to see them... i hate to poke anyone's bubble, but both the stationary and moving dots and squiggles seem, to me, to be just miniscule particles on the surface of the eyeball.. or inaccuracies in our vision itself.   but, hey, you never.. ever.. know... also i always notice a kind of static over everything i see.. if i choose to notice it... easiest to see on blank walls and in the dark.. kind of like tv static, but more fine grained..  i think it could just be a part of how we physically see..   ????

Mobius

These things we see that have been described as dancing dots or sparks require a slightly out of focus vision for me to see, a bit like the way you re-focus your eyes to see 3D objects in those 3D posters you see around.
Definately not just the bits of dust & specs of hair etc. that covers the eyes & appears stationary while the eyes are not moving, then follow your eye movements when you look elswhere.

These things have erradic flight almost like tiny insects, but seem to wink in & out of existence, like being at the movies & seeing dust pass through the light path of the projector, except instead of just moving with air currents they can create their own momentum, strange but beautiful.

All the best on your journeys

Mobius

jilola

If you mean the squiggly, slightly transparent, wormlike thingies then they are internal to the eye caused by for example cholesterol in the eye or sometimes.

Jouni

BTW: This is NOT to taken as medical advice. I'm not an MD.

Tom

The eyes can focus easily up close or in the distance, but it is hard to focus them on both something on their surface and on things in the distance like trees as the same time. When you focus up close the things in the distance become fuzzy. When you focus in the distance, things closer become fuzzy. If the strange objects, dots, squiggles, and patterns are on the surface of the eye then they should not appear in focus while objects in the distance are also in focus.

jilola

The ones I'm talkiing about are inside the eyeball. And they go slightly blurry when focusing on something but crossing one's eyes brings them to focus. They have a multi-cell like appearance swith nuclei and all. Kind of nice to watch when bored but sometimes annoying.

Jouni

Tom

Those are something else. I've seen those, too, and am reminded of bacteria in a good microscope. What I had been talking about looks usually like clearly defined, small sharp points of light. They literally look like they are glowing, and are always in a distance.

jilola

Ah, now I know what you guys mean. Tiny little dots, sometimes pure white sometimes different colors? I get them too when I look at an evenly colored surface. It doesn't seem to matter what the color is except that against a dark background I tend to get more white dots than colored ones.
Some of the dots are actually quite big, winking in and out of existence like flashlights in a stadium.

Jouni

quant

OK.  This has only ever happened to me twice, and the last time was today when i was in the shower.

I saw this topic and thought i would have a look.

Now, i know your eyes can see things, blind spots etc.  Mine are different from what you all have described.

It's like, i was looking at the wall, and i could see these bright brilliant white dots flying around in little circles, almost like flies flying around infront of me.

That's about the best i can describe it.

At the moment, i am putting it down to my eyes messing me around.  But you never know, as you can see auras with just your plain eyesight.

Someone get back to me as what they think it might be please.  Ta.

Tom

You are seeing energy. The more energy you have at the moment, the easier it is to see energy. The more energy there is to look at, the easier it is to see. I think. Recently I found the idea that at some point there can be so much energy as to be difficult to see again. There must be a range of combined energy through which it is easiest to see. Perhaps you can use your mind or breathing or visualization or intent or whatever other tools you might have to reach out and pull in those dots of glowing energy.

Mobius

G,day Tom

It does look like tiny specs of energy & I have noticed also that there seems to be places you can see it easier. I live next to a national park & when I walk out near the trees I can see them quite easy & even demonstrate them to every person I've shown, but when I'm in town or even on the outskirts of it, there's an increasing difficulty.

I'm sure if we lined all the people up in here to show what they are talking about, it would be the same thing. It seems to be in abundance on the astral & when & if you get the chance to see your silver cord, the insides of it seems to be comprised entirely from these same little sparks.

In many OBE books they talk about one of the forms of body you can manifest into upon projection, "the point of consciousness", loosely described as a small spec or dot, (remember we are not talking about dust on your eye here).

I re-read some of the notes on SRI again recently & discovered a part where Ingo Swann describes seeing "Ionized particles" which formed into objects, while on his astral journeys. This is a very similar if not the same thing we are talking about here, but in the physical & they don't form into objects, well not that we know of......................yet.

We are all stars it seems, good journeys.

Mobius

travrai blue robes

they are like little atoms of light smashing against each other. it might be an ocular phenomenom since I can see it very strongly all the time, and when I shift my head, what I'm seeing stays with my head, not with what I was looking at. I believe it's known medically. I think the main cause is staring at a very bright light source, i.e. sky, causes some feedback in the optic nerves. stare at a computer screen for a minute in a dark room and then look at the dark, bright light definitely overwhelms the visual system. are there spiritual relations to it? possibly, well there are spiritual relations to everything, I just don't know exactly where they lie with this one

Tom

It might start out by being of a physical cause, but it doesn't have to stay that way. The physical cause can be a training device to see energy. The bright dots really do seem to be energy to me. It is possible that they are in the eyes and glowing because of the eyes being full of light anyway. That does not explain why they can be so sharp and in focus while objects in the distance remain in focus also. Afterimages due to depletion is a possibility. I have seen it argued that all seeing of auras is actually afterimages, but again I think that afterimages are a training aid to see auras. The dots of light I see are in motion, though, and a depletion of chemicals in the receptors of my eyes does not seem enough to explain it. In any case, many of us see the dots and we have all put in thoughts here on what they are. Does it really matter exactly what they are? So far no one has posted about using them for anything, even training for further things.

quant

Tom.

I don't know if anyone has actually used this energy for furthering their abilities, but, i feel that seeing this is actually an indicator that you are improving with your energy development, so maybe there is benefit from seeing it.

As for seeing it from the suns glare or something.  In my case, not so in the slightest.

I went into the bathroom, got into the shower, then there were were, extremely bright, whizzing around, and like Tom said, they have a very sharp look to them.  If you look at the sun, then look at the wall, you will see the suns image, but very hazzy.
The white things i saw were sharp in focus.  When i looked at them, they buzzed around, one by one vanished.  It lasted about 10 seconds.  That morning i hadn't looked at the computer screen or i hadn't looked at the sun.
Heck, i hadn't even looked outside into the day light.  lol.

lucid dancer

It seems like what you were experiencing could have been caused by light headedness  ...If you were looking at these sparklies, and watched them disapear in ten seconds.  That's what that reminded me of anyway.  Seeing those is like watching bugs (of light) flying around. Theres no pattern to them and they remain in front of your face, when you turn your head.  The sparklies that some of you are talking about seem to have a geometrical pattern to them, seen in the sun light and don't disappear in seconds.   I've had this experience many times. I haven't found an explanation for them, but that's ok.   Also, when I say that they appear in the sun light, I mean that I'm usually outside or looking at things that the sunlight is hitting. I don't actually look into the sun.   Ouch!

alfa_33au

This site is like a bit of a sanctuary.
I love those sparks, give a eurphoric momentary feeling for me.

The sqiggly electrical, more gold colour than white, like the sparks, i have encountered in obes.  

Hmm, dont know what they mean.
Paola

Zebrima

I am also seeing different types of "flying dots" in the air and I would like to divide them into two groups:

Group one are independent, clear spheres, that are very lively and move rather fast and unpredictably in the air. They sometimes bounce into one another, but don't seem to follow any specific pattern or be bound to each other. They have no color, expect maybe white, but I would like to describe them as transparent, tiny spheres. I can't see them anytime or anywhere, but when I do see them, it´s usually in bright sunlight, either through a window or outside. I´ve been able to see these spheres for about 3 years. They don't "follow my vision", that is, if I look somewhere else, I usually won't be able to see them.

Group two are different energy dots. They travel in groups and are either blue and red, evenly mixed, or all white. They move slower than the spheres and their positions seem to be fixed within the group. The move in rather small oval shaped formations, about one foot wide or maybe less. I can see them anytime and anywhere, but it´s easier inside buildings and in areas that are not to bright. At night the colors almost seem like glowing in the dark. I've been able to see these dots for as long as I can remember, I was about 4-5 years old the first time I mentioned them to my parents. They thought it was all fantasies.

I'm not sure what either of these flying energy dots are. It is energy alright, but I would like to know more about them. I sense they have some kind of purpose or interesting information or meaning, but I'm not sure what although I have some theories and thoughts about it. I would like to know if anyone else is able to see the same kind of energies that I've described and if anyone has an explanation for them?

Love & Light,
Zebrima

Penfold

I only see the dots clearly against the sky and they look like insects buzzing around or bacteria as someone said, it doesnt take me any focusing to see them they're just there.  They are white though with no different colours.  It might be from looking at the sky as I juggle a lot and obviously have to look up to see the things I'm juggling!I am trying to learn to see auras but I've always seen these things before I ever knew about OBE's etc., so who knows!I wish I could see the "group 2" dots as Zebrima mentioned because it would look much cooler!