News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

sex and religion

Previous topic - Next topic

mon9999

why religions always have puritanical attitude towards sex and other so called lower nature of man, lower nature doesn't mean evil nature like lust and passion at least for me.

Pauli2

Most likely so leaders can control the masses.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

Because when you control "Sex", you control the people coming into this physical reality!  Sex is the gateway here.

Brolyson

Quote from: mon9999 on May 04, 2011, 05:28:10
why religions always have puritanical attitude towards sex and other so called lower nature of man, lower nature doesn't mean evil nature like lust and passion at least for me.

The truth of the matter is that all religion eventually becomes corrupted about a hundred years after its inception. In the case of Catholicism in which the puritanical attitudes you speak of are coming from, are based on an incomplete (excepted canocal) set of scriptures, of which the original gospel accounts are either hidden far beneath the Vatican, or were destroyed long ago. Others came up some many years later, such as the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library.

Originally, the scriptures were written in a way to help guide the seeker in a way of life that would lead to salvation. Salvation being the reunion of the Spirit, Mind, and Body. When we are in a lower nature of man, which is the case (as in the majority) at our present time on the earth, the masses are merely unconsciously being moved by the Laws. Only after raising our consciousness can we know and understand the Laws of God and how they work upon the lower nature of man. And sex happens to be one of the keys to raising our consciousness, and is therefore an area in which the left hand of God (what most think of when they think of "evil") is able to work to bring about a snails pace of Spiritual evolution, and until man can raise up his lower nature to support the will of God, can we be reunited and complete. Evil is simply the lower animal nature interacting with the Laws of God and having his actions returned back to him. Karmic cycles are how the lower animal nature evolves at a literal snails pace, and the fact that only after having "sinned", have we experienced the Left hand of God, and have incurred the laws upon us, do we learn from our mistake and act upon our world and invoke the right hand of God, the same law in which we get the fruit of our works.

So, yes...you can say a puritanical attitude is a bi-product of an institutional authority hell bent on controlling the masses, but what is not seen are the laws working against their motives because of their own secret intentions, laws which invoke the opposite of their desired effect. So when you have an institutional authority that forces puritanical attitudes upon the people (sheeple) that have flocked to man as their salvation, you have a recipe of karma building over many many lifetimes. And rather than leading by example and following in the footsteps of their savior, they (the religious authorities) find themselves in their own decaying ism that is becoming overwhelmed with scandals and conspiracy.
This reality is a paradox, so what now?

Volgerle

Yes it is about control. Connected with this is the need not to lose control. So they carried out the institutionalisation of religion (and thus created what we today label 'religion' as opposed to spirituality) by creating a "church" and letting its authorities act as 'intermediaries' between the common people and God. Sex and drugs (and RnR?) was viewed as a way of direct communication with God/transcendence by the ancient people. That's why it was forbidden or at least heavily restricted, otherwise it would have been a "competitor", but people needed to be kept away from direct spiritual experience (hence astral projection is devil's work, too!).

"For centuries, the impression given by religionists is that to be a moral person, one must not only forgo but disdain sexuality, viewing it as if it were a curse from the devil rather than a 'gift from God'. The same can be said of drugs, at least of the variety that has anything to do with altering consciousness, even if such drugs are in the form of 'God-given' plants. Hence, the picture of a religious or righteous individual is basically someone who must have (heterosexual) sex only with one person within a sanctioned marriage, if at all; to be in a constant state of procreation; and to remain as sober as 'a judge'. To those who think life is to be enjoyed, rather than endured, this picture represents a dull, robotic state, to say the least.
The reality is that there have been times on this planet when cultures have recognized sacred sexual practices and sacramental plants not only as gifts from 'God' but also paths to 'God', or 'Cosmic Consciousness', as it were. Indeed, sex and drugs have been considered from time immemorial as devices to create union with the divine, which is a major reason behind the negative spin put on them by religionists, who insist that only they, 'Jesus' or some other entity can be avenues to the divine. In actuality, it is the priest's task to create an artificial separation between human beings and the omnipresent 'God'. (...)
These sacred sex and drugs practices have thus presented a threat to power-hungry priests and their political flunkies, because, as stated, they require no intermediary between the practitioners and the divine. If an all-powerful dictatorial state religion was to succeed, it would need to destroy this concept of sacred sex and sacramental drugs from the human psyche and replace it with fear and guilt, such that those who had sex, for example, would be driven to cleanse themselves of their perceived sins by confession or other priestcraft."
- D.M. Murdoch (quoted from her work 'The Greatest Story Ever Sold').

CFTraveler

The three most powerful biological impulses are eating, (hunger), aggression (needed for hunting and mating) and sex.  If you notice, institutionalized religions go towards the control of all of those- hence food prohibitions (all major religions prohibit some food, even new-agey ones tell you what you should and shouldn't eat, and shame you if you break it)- most religions use aggression to power crusades/jihads/etc., or tell you it's wrong to feel it, and sex, well, it's been widely discussed in the previous posts.

Brolyson

With all due respect CFTraveler, I know you've been here and are much more active than me on this forum, but your reply had invoked this response in me, it is not all directed at you, and it is not my intention of getting into an argument over these things with you, but if you wish to debate/discuss this I would be more than happy to. It is my belief that you had left some things out and am not claiming that you claim these things to not matter. With that in mind, here is my post:

I honestly think it is sad how the failure of religion has most everyone thinking exactly the opposite of EVERYTHING religion has to offer. I have found that every religion still retains a fraction of truth. So to totally dismiss religion is like saying; just because Tiger Woods cheated on his wife and got caught, means that he was never a great golfer. See?

Now if you are happy at your vibration and do not wish to raise it into higher levels of consciousness, then I would agree that food/sex/drugs doesn't matter. BUT, if it is your aim to raise your vibration to that of higher levels of consciousness, then I would strongly suggest that food/sex/drugs has a HUGE part of the equation.

Food: You are what you eat, that simple. One huge example is that of Meat, which carries the vibration of death, which will inhibit one raising their vibration beyond a certain level, no matter how much exercising of the mind they can do! The body is an integral part of the whole, and must be treated as a vessel for the Mind to expand beyond the organic consciousness of this world.

Drugs: They inhibit your normal frequencies, and though some drugs induce hallucination and is one way of altering consciousness, but is that the goal? Or rather, doing it natural without substances? Was it Gods great plan to just give us a drug so that we can find out their are other levels of consciousness, or was it meant to be the only way to experience other levels of consciousness? (Rhetorical question)

Sex: Sex is EVERYTHING! It is the foundation of the pattern of life itself...think about it.

CFTraveler

Quote from: Brolyson on May 11, 2011, 19:19:15
With all due respect CFTraveler, I know you've been here and are much more active than me on this forum, but your reply had invoked this response in me, it is not all directed at you, and it is not my intention of getting into an argument over these things with you, but if you wish to debate/discuss this I would be more than happy to. It is my belief that you had left some things out and am not claiming that you claim these things to not matter. With that in mind, here is my post:
No problem.  If you have preconceptions on what I believe that is your prerogative.  But realize I didn't say that 'religion' is bad- I said that institutionalized religion is used to control.  Just like other ideologies are used to control.  It is not the religious faith that is the problem- it is the institutionalization of a belief system that is the problem.
I realize you can't know what I believe and have not read everything I've written, but I urge you to take a look at my older posts.  You may be surprised to find out that I sometimes defend religion in certain threads, and actually studied to be a minister.  So I am very aware of the positives religious thought has to offer. 
But that's not what the thread is about, it's about why institutionalized religions tend to look down on sex.

QuoteI honestly think it is sad how the failure of religion has most everyone thinking exactly the opposite of EVERYTHING religion has to offer. I have found that every religion still retains a fraction of truth. So to totally dismiss religion is like saying; just because Tiger Woods cheated on his wife and got caught, means that he was never a great golfer. See?
But I'm not totally dismissing religion, I'm pointing out what happens when ideology becomes institutionalized.

QuoteNow if you are happy at your vibration and do not wish to raise it into higher levels of consciousness, then I would agree that food/sex/drugs doesn't matter. BUT, if it is your aim to raise your vibration to that of higher levels of consciousness, then I would strongly suggest that food/sex/drugs has a HUGE part of the equation.
I'm not sure who you're talking to here, but I don't see what it has to do with what I wrote.

QuoteFood: You are what you eat, that simple. One huge example is that of Meat, which carries the vibration of death, which will inhibit one raising their vibration beyond a certain level, no matter how much exercising of the mind they can do! The body is an integral part of the whole, and must be treated as a vessel for the Mind to expand beyond the organic consciousness of this world.

Drugs: They inhibit your normal frequencies, and though some drugs induce hallucination and is one way of altering consciousness, but is that the goal? Or rather, doing it natural without substances? Was it Gods great plan to just give us a drug so that we can find out their are other levels of consciousness, or was it meant to be the only way to experience other levels of consciousness? (Rhetorical question)

Sex: Sex is EVERYTHING! It is the foundation of the pattern of life itself...think about it.
Once again, I don't know what this has to do with what I said.  Please reread what I said.

CFTraveler

So let's do 'food' and 'meat': The desire or choice to eat or not eat meat is not the issue, the fact that institutionalized religions have very specific prohibitions designed to alienate their followers from nonfollowers is the issue.

Abrahamic religions separated their believers by telling them what they could eat and what they couldn't. 
In judaism they didn't prohibit meat, they prohibited certain meats, and prohibited the combination of meats with dairy and the eating of unblessed foods.  This ensured that they remain separate from gentiles, making sure that their thought processes didn't combine with others, and by alienating them from others ensured that they were disliked- it is possibly a good reason why jewish people were persecuted.  Because they didn't eat with everyone else, they were not allowed to by their religion.  You see, others didn't 'get' that they were not allowed to even eat on a plate that had touched the wrong food, so it was dangerous to eat with nonfollowers.

The same as Muslims- they are not allowed to eat pork and drink alchohol, once again isolating them from others and mealtime, making them 'exclusive' and going a long way towards making them not be liked.

Catholics were not allowed to eat meat on fridays and certain holidays, and some sects of protestantism is not allowed to drink alchohol or eat certain food combinations.

Vegetarianism is interesting, because only Hindus embrace it completely- not because of any vibrational belief, but because they consider cows to be 'our mothers', and this would be cannibalism.  Tibetan buddhists eat meat, if it is slaughtered by someone else.  When they lived in Tibet, they paid Muslims to slaughter their oxen, so they could eat the meat if they went to a Muslim butcher shop.   So the prohibition is not based on a broad belief about meat, it is specific to a religion and a region.

There are lots of different food prohibitions in different religions, but they all have one thing in common- they separate people from 'others' and alienate them.  In fact, your reaction to me "if you don't want to raise your vibration bla bla" illustrates what I'm saying- your attitude is, that you and I are not equal, because I don't follow (or you don't think I follow) your food choices.

Thanks for making my point.

Brolyson

I said:
Quote"...it is not all directed at you...
and...
QuoteIt is my belief that you had left some things out and am not claiming that you claim these things to not matter.
But then you respond with:
QuoteBut realize I didn't say that 'religion' is bad- I said that institutionalized religion is used to control.

I never said religion was 'bad', I commented on how the failure of religion has made most people negate what it has to offer...again, this was not entirely directed at you, but more to those who are interested in this topic and have read it from top to bottom. I have interacted with you on this forum before, this is why I put up a disclaimer.  :-D

Brolyson

Quote from: CFTraveler on May 11, 2011, 21:28:36
So let's do 'food' and 'meat': The desire or choice to eat or not eat meat is not the issue, the fact that institutionalized religions have very specific prohibitions designed to alienate their followers from nonfollowers is the issue.

Abrahamic religions separated their believers by telling them what they could eat and what they couldn't. 
In judaism they didn't prohibit meat, they prohibited certain meats, and prohibited the combination of meats with dairy and the eating of unblessed foods.  This ensured that they remain separate from gentiles, making sure that their thought processes didn't combine with others, and by alienating them from others ensured that they were disliked- it is possibly a good reason why jewish people were persecuted.  Because they didn't eat with everyone else, they were not allowed to by their religion.  You see, others didn't 'get' that they were not allowed to even eat on a plate that had touched the wrong food, so it was dangerous to eat with nonfollowers.

The same as Muslims- they are not allowed to eat pork and drink alchohol, once again isolating them from others and mealtime, making them 'exclusive' and going a long way towards making them not be liked.

Catholics were not allowed to eat meat on fridays and certain holidays, and some sects of protestantism is not allowed to drink alchohol or eat certain food combinations.

Vegetarianism is interesting, because only Hindus embrace it completely- not because of any vibrational belief, but because they consider cows to be 'our mothers', and this would be cannibalism.  Tibetan buddhists eat meat, if it is slaughtered by someone else.  When they lived in Tibet, they paid Muslims to slaughter their oxen, so they could eat the meat if they went to a Muslim butcher shop.   So the prohibition is not based on a broad belief about meat, it is specific to a religion and a region.

There are lots of different food prohibitions in different religions, but they all have one thing in common- they separate people from 'others' and alienate them.  In fact, your reaction to me "if you don't want to raise your vibration bla bla" illustrates what I'm saying- your attitude is, that you and I are not equal, because I don't follow (or you don't think I follow) your food choices.

Thanks for making my point.

Do I consider myself more knowledgeable than you on these matters? Yes, I do, but only based on the incomplete response you had given, which does not mean that you do not know more than what you had written. Which is why I put out the disclaimer, that if you wished to continue this that I would be happy to do so. Do you understand what being invoked means? Why else would I of added what I felt you did not mention in your reply to the questioner of this thread? Because I was invoked to do so. If you can understand that, then you can understand why there are others who do know more than you, and who will come along and challenge your beliefs so much that you get all defensive and then accuse me of being an elitist without giving more than a quick glance over what I have said.

From what you have written in the above, I can discern, from what you write, where your understanding is, compared to where my understanding is on such matters as sex and religion. Again, this is only based on the LIMITED response that you had given.

So obviously I have rocked your cage a bit, (apparently I have an elitist attitude and believe that we are not all equal), but would it surprise you to know that we ARE all equal, BUT not the SAME. Perhaps looking into the allegory of Jacobs Ladder might help, being that you have been there and done that (with the whole religion thing).

I guess the question now is, have you the courage to challenge what is now your foundational thinking, or will you be complacent and continue on thinking that you know all that you ought to know, and refuse to look into what I have brought to your attention.

Edit: If you wish to make this into a private discussion, then I will be happy to switch format. Seems we might have some unfinished karmic business we need to hash out.

stan

Quote from: mon9999 on May 04, 2011, 05:28:10

Mainstream religions are something completely different to the teachings of the beings (Jesus, Buddha, Krishna etc.) after which religions were formed. Religions have tendecy to condition and control which is never good. In regards to sex in religions, the same is taught by all of those figures and is known as White tantra or Alchemy. It's a different kind of use of sex, it is not based on lust and it consist of not wasting sexual energies with orgasm.

In regards to why religion consider lust to be of a lower nature...the core of every religion and ancient culture has awakening/enlightenment as the ultimate goal. This is when a soul removes all those energies of earth (such as anger, jelously, fear, pride, greed, lust etc.) and become one with it's Higher Self, and then is liberated from Earth and has freedom to experience the multidimensional Universe or to return to the Source/Absolute/God consciousness, whatever you wish to call it. You might have read Monroe's last book. There he went thrrough similar process where, once he became one with his I-There (large part of Higher Self), he was enabled to travel to the "ultimate" destination.

Edit: I edited from what I wrote the first time for the sake of clearer terminology.

astraladdict

Religion is big for many people, which is why when you ask questions you need to be careful. Whenever i say something to my parents about their religion they go ape sh*t. So, ima stay out of this. Just decided to give you a word of caution though.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Summerlander

Sex: yes please
Religion: no thanks

Szaxx

Ditto.
Even at my age, (21 again, twice plus........)
ha ha.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Rudolph

Quote from: stan on August 12, 2011, 09:18:41
Mainstream religions are something completely different to the teachings of the beings (Jesus, Buddha, Krishna etc.) after which religions were formed. Religions have tendecy to condition and control which is never good. In regards to sex in religions, the same is taught by all of those figures and is known as White tantra or Alchemy. It's a different kind of use of sex, it is not based on lust and it consist of not wasting sexual energies with orgasm.

In regards to why religion consider lust to be of a lower nature...the core of every religion and ancient culture has awakening/enlightenment as the ultimate goal. This is when a soul removes all those energies of earth (such as anger, jelously, fear, pride, greed, lust etc.) and become one with it's Higher Self, and then is liberated from Earth and has freedom to experience the multidimensional Universe or to return to the Source/Absolute/God consciousness, whatever you wish to call it. You might have read Monroe's last book. There he went thrrough similar process where, once he became one with his I-There (large part of Higher Self), he was enabled to travel to the "ultimate" destination.

Edit: I edited from what I wrote the first time for the sake of clearer terminology.

Interesting thoughts, Stan.

Can you explain how orgasm is a 'waste' of sexual energy? How does "White tantra or Alchemy" use this energy? I have heard tell of this sort of thing many times over the years but rarely does anyone give a useful explanation of just exactly what it is and how it actually works in practice. Does it work the same for women as it does for men?

From what I have read, Robert Monroe had a normal (orgasmic) connubial relationship with his beloved wife all his married life yet still, he managed to reach the Ultimate Destination.

:?

Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

stan

Rudolph, sexual energies are the most powerful energies which a human being has. When I say sexual energies, I don't mean lust. Auric energy for example is part of that sexual energy. What happens when one has an orgasm is a massive loss of sexual energies and huge strengthening/increase of all the illusionary make up that is covering our consciousness (such as lust, anger, pride etc.). Lust is at the root of those negative energies, so when you feed lust, you feed all of them. If for example a person is practicing chastity (refraining from orgasms) and is applying technique of transformation of those negative energies into something of a higher type, and then when orgasm accidentally happen during sleep, you see massive difference in your state. You feel like drugged, retarded, horrible. Definitely something very diffiult to put into words.

White Tantra/Alchemy works the same for both women and men. Basically when two opposites poles are united during sex, there is a new powerful energy present, even science discovered this new energy. With a technique which includes breathing and visualisation, a couple raises this energy from the base chakra, up the spine to the brain and down to the heart. Such transmuted energy is said to have numerous benefits, basically one is transforming entire inner energetic structure and is also forging higher energy bodies with which one can travel to a higher planes of existence.

In regards to Robert Monroe, I think it's in his first or second book where he first realized that urge for sex is a hindrance in his travels. He started using "not now, later" approach each time this urge would manifest when he would be out of body. Then in later book when he saw more of reality, he realized that lust is not really a friend ;)

Xanth

Quote from: stan on August 13, 2011, 23:52:47
Rudolph, sexual energies are the most powerful energies which a human being has.
Just playing devil's advocate for a second here.... but says who?

Is this something that has been empirically proven?  Or just opinion?

Athymari

I think its important to realise that alot of what we told you can and cannot do are all from the voices of other humans who are in a state of control in religion.

Religion and Spirituality, to me, should be kept separate in the most part. Religion is living in the physical, more then spiritual.

stan

Quote from: Ryan_ on August 13, 2011, 23:59:16
Is this something that has been empirically proven?  Or just opinion?

I highly doubt that it can be empirically proven by current science. For science to empiracally prove which one is THE most powerful human energy, they would have to be aware of all other non-physical energies that pertain to human, and that won't happen anytime soon.
Though science is aware of certain things regarding the sexual energies. Marnia Robinson has wrote a book "Peace between sheets" and it relates to that scientific aspect as well.

You can see her intro on the book on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3koMhG-2vA

That statement you quoted is based on universal esoteric teachings.

stan

Also, just to mention that the practice I described above should not be done on its own. There are other things that must go in conjunction with it in order for the practice to has beneficial results. If it is done on its own, the transmuted energy will strengthen negative human aspect.

Summerlander

Hey, have you heard that tantric sex can lead to enlightenment?  If so, then sex can be just as beneficial as everything else when applied creatively.  Everything has its purpose and I don't have to mention why sex is, do I?  :-D

stan

Hi there,

Just to clarify, it's not my intention to redirect anyone from their regular routine of anything. I'm just sharing what I know about it through my own experience and what some of developed beings have said. I really wouldn't put much value in their words if I wouldn't know their true nature and if wouldn't see the fruits of their teachings. What you do with what I share is entirely up to you.

Summerlander, as I already said there are two ways to use sex. One is tantric and other is normal. Yes, the purpose of normal sex is procreation and continuation of species. if you look at animal world you'll see that they use sex only for procreation and not for pleasure. Take a female dog for example, she is only "open" for sex 6 weeks per year, which clearly shows the original use of sex. However, since we humans have creative mind, we distorted this original use of procreation and use it out of pleasure.

One could argue that sex is important in order to procreate. But then again, if you consider how many people on Earth is willing to make the effort to get rid of the "heavy load" (to use Monroe's term), you will see that those are just a few. Those few really won't make any difference in a grand scheme of continuation of species.
And it is said that, if you have strong intention about it and direct it to your Higher Self, it is possible to have babies without orgasms because only one semen is enough to impregnate the womb, and some always get lost even when there is no orgasm. Whether that's true or not I dunno.

Rudolph

Quote from: stan on August 13, 2011, 23:52:47
Rudolph, sexual energies are the most powerful energies which a human being has. When I say sexual energies, I don't mean lust. Auric energy for example is part of that sexual energy. What happens when one has an orgasm is a massive loss of sexual energies and huge strengthening/increase of all the illusionary make up that is covering our consciousness (such as lust, anger, pride etc.). Lust is at the root of those negative energies, so when you feed lust, you feed all of them. If for example a person is practicing chastity (refraining from orgasms) and is applying technique of transformation of those negative energies into something of a higher type, and then when orgasm accidentally happen during sleep, you see massive difference in your state. You feel like drugged, retarded, horrible. Definitely something very diffiult to put into words.

White Tantra/Alchemy works the same for both women and men. Basically when two opposites poles are united during sex, there is a new powerful energy present, even science discovered this new energy. With a technique which includes breathing and visualisation, a couple raises this energy from the base chakra, up the spine to the brain and down to the heart. Such transmuted energy is said to have numerous benefits, basically one is transforming entire inner energetic structure and is also forging higher energy bodies with which one can travel to a higher planes of existence.

In regards to Robert Monroe, I think it's in his first or second book where he first realized that urge for sex is a hindrance in his travels. He started using "not now, later" approach each time this urge would manifest when he would be out of body. Then in later book when he saw more of reality, he realized that lust is not really a friend ;) 

Again, interesting ideas, but you did not answer the question; "Can you explain how orgasm is a 'waste' of sexual energy? How does "White tantra or Alchemy" use this energy?" Can you give an example that might clarify this?

Since I am married and have fairly frequent sex, it has been a long time since I have experienced a nocturnal emmission but back when I did, I know that I did NOT experience feeling, "drugged, retarded, horrible". Quite the contrary, in fact.  8-)

I read all of Robert Monroe's books and I do not recall where he made any such admission. I think I do remember him stating outright that sex was basically irrelevant to the inner exploration and progress.

QuoteSuch transmuted energy is said to have numerous benefits, basically one is transforming entire inner energetic structure and is also forging higher energy bodies with which one can travel to a higher planes of existence.

I have heard of claims like this in the past. I read of the Taoist Immortals, one sect of which stores the 'vital fluids' in a knot on the forehead near the third eye. It is rumored to grant extreme longevity and other amazing powers and abilities. But no one seems to have actually met one so it is impossible to verify.

I have also heard about this 'forging' of higher energy bodies but I do not understand what they are for because I have not done this work yet I can still travel into the Higher Realms - astral, mental/causal and Atmic. I am sincerely curious about this though. I am always game for new and challenging Schools of Practice that actually produce results. If I chose to pursue this practice of White tantra Alchemy for a year or two what objective and observable results would I see? And then after five years?....
Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.

stan

Rudolph,

"Can you explain how orgasm is a 'waste' of sexual energy?

With orgasms, sexual energies are released outwards, out of you and out of your energy field. I don't have high sensitivity, but those who have have said that their aura actually shrinks in size.

"How does "White tantra or Alchemy" use this energy?" Can you give an example that might clarify this?"

During Alchemy this sexual energy is mixed with the new energy which came from the sexual connection with the opposite pole. It is then transmuted by pulling it up with breathing and visualisation technique from base chakra, up the spine, through the brain and down to the heart.

"Since I am married and have fairly frequent sex, it has been a long time since I have experienced a nocturnal emmission but back when I did, I know that I did NOT experience feeling, "drugged, retarded, horrible". Quite the contrary, in fact. "

Nocturnal emmision was just to point out to accidental orgasms. Orgasm is orgasm regardless of how it happens.
You would experience that pull backwards in a state of being if you would practice chastity and transformation of subconscius into consciousness (which means increasing consciousness by decreasing negative inner states such as anger, greed, pride etc.)

"I read all of Robert Monroe's books and I do not recall where he made any such admission. I think I do remember him stating outright that sex was basically irrelevant to the inner exploration and progress."

He indicated that when he saw "sex pile". In that same second book he also said what one needs to do in order to get free from earth. He said how one needs to get rid of the "heavy load". Heavy load is an energy of earth (anger, lust, pride, greed, fear etc.), what he got when he first came to earth, and because of which he got addicted to it, like every other soul. It is clear that he wouldn't be able to progress had he continue to endure into lust.

"I have also heard about this 'forging' of higher energy bodies but I do not understand what they are for because I have not done this work yet I can still travel into the Higher Realms - astral, mental/causal and Atmic."

That's neat that you can do it. What technique do you use? There are different techniques that allow one to travel further then astral. Apparently though (I haven't yet verified it), you go to dimension higher then mental only as a pure consciousness, outside of mind, body and personality. With higher energy bodies one can apparently go to those planes (and above Atmic) inside bodies, which is different then just going as consciousness.

They are also said to give you something extra...like for example higher astral body (also known as solar astral body) gives you ability to feel higher emotions during your everyday life. Higher/solar mental body gives ability to use mind in a superior way etc. Such bodies are supposedly also used for a higher parts of your Higher Self to come in and merge with you. So, when one builds a causal body, one incarnate Soul; with Atmic body one incarnate Atman (what Monroe calls his I-Tere) etc. Much more to this which is beyond the scope of this thread.

I am sincerely curious about this though. I am always game for new and challenging Schools of Practice that actually produce results. If I chose to pursue this practice of White tantra Alchemy for a year or two what objective and observable results would I see? And then after five years?

Alchemy goes together with elimination of egos/heavy load/negative states. Alchemy without the later can be harmful because energy would strengthen the egos, whereas with also using elimination it feeds the consciousness. I don't have a partner so I can't tell you about results from my experience, but I have friends that practice it and one can see that they have a special kind of glow. Results are apparently a complete change in psychology and how you start perceiving the world; as well as healing; psychic faculties etc. I can recommend you a book where all this is described properly.