News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Someone just walked over my grave....

Previous topic - Next topic

fredhedd

i've never actually heard that term and i don't know what it means but it reminds me of something that i'm not sure would be appropriate by the majority of peoples standards on here but i'm going to share it anyhow.  i may lose a few 'forum points' and a few 'forum friends' for admitting to this but it's not a big deal in my family.  

i have an extremely large family.  five years ago  a few of my cousins that were around my age counted all of the cousins that were currently in the family and counted over sixty of them.  the numbers have steadily increased.  nine or ten aunts and uncles and all of them living in the same state, half of them in the same small town.  family was always there and we were all practical jokers.  you can imagine what life was like growing up in my house.  or maybe you can't.  there was almost never a serious moment.  i would say death was the only exception.  at first of course mostly everyone was terribly upset if there was one.  but very soon the whole situation was made very light of.  the funerals were always conducted normally w/ the exception of almost eveyrone in the room making jokes of some kind.  i guess our philosophy is he/she is dead, we'll miss them, let's laugh instead of cry.  if you can grasp that then great.  if not then just try and put yourself in that kind of position when i tell you this.  

it was known in my family and said out loud numerous times that whoever dies is getting thier grave urinated on whenever it is visited.  we used the term 'i'm tinkling on your grave' instead though. this was usually said after some type of joke was played on someone who couldnt really do anything about it at the time.  it was usualy accompanied by 'i can't wait till you die so i can tinkle on your grave'.  i've done this a number of times while making jokes about the person who's grave was being 'taken care of', while remembering the good times that were shared. sometimes in groups.   it should be emphasized again that everyone was alright w/ this and this was expected by the deceased always before death.  i would expect nothing less and am going to be waiting to see who upholds the tradition when my times comes.  

a story comes to mind (i've literally got hundreds as good as this one).  the three of us were about twelve.  tommy steven and myself were all climbing a fence.  tom first then steve and then i.  tom was over and steve was at the top.  i started my ascent to the top of the fifteen ft fence.  halfway up i noticed i was being ticked on.  i was halfway up this fence and it was dark out and i guess i didnt feel comfortable jumping back down.  also a good joke is a good joke and when something like that happened in our family you usually just took it until it was over and then retialiated later on.  this is funny already but it gets better.  steve is laughing his arse orr and is done climbing the fence.  i'm on my way down noticing how i smell and how hard steve is laughing but how much harder tom is laughing.  steve is laughing too hard to notice that tom is laughing harder because tom is tinkling on steve.  it was dark and i guess steve was enjoying his joke too much to notice.  i was thinking about retaliating immedately but noticed tom taking care of things for me.  maybe i was too ticked off to do anything.  i realize that last line was totally unfunny and left it there anyway.  maybe that makes it funny?  

i can't even imagine the responses i am going to get from this post, but feel free to comment. :)

Donna

Hi Gandalf,
This expression is usually a response to a "feeling of crawling coldness' on the back of the neck, causing one to shudder. It is often felt in the presence of Earthbound spirits, as in a haunting, or merely crossing the path of one such spirit.
Donna

Sandy

Yeah I've heard that when you get a big cold shudder-a chill up & down your spine (I get them all the time) that it's a ghost going through you. I wonder if when we're OOB & we go through a live human if WE make them shudder like the ghosts do?

And Fred that's just totally disgusting, how can you pee on someone you like? You should be crapping on all the people you hate instead.

Arie

fredhedd thats freaking hilarious.  I've been ticked on actually twice by my brother.  I think I'm going to tinkle on his grave to retaliate. HAHA

"I hear and I forget... I see and I remember... I do and I understand."

fredhedd

i can see but wouldn't agree w/ someone not seeing the grave tinkling as being funny.  i could absolutely not see just tinkling on someone that was alive as being not funny.  maybe it would be easier to just put it in a different perspective.  if you were watching a funny tape of something and saw someone tinkling on someone else would you laugh?  maybe you wouldn't, maybe.  i definetly believe the majority of people alive would laugh.  what if it was someone famous, or someone who you don't like?  really, u really think that's sick? really? what if i tinkle on myself (which i have done)? is that funny?

cainam_nazier

Yep I have used that phrase several times.  The "walking" on the grave not the "tinkling" on it.  Usually reffered to when you get the chills for no reason.  Like its 115 degF (40 degC) outside and you get the chills.  The feeling of impending doom.  A presence.  ect, ect.  Another way to some what laugh off an odd experience, or one that strikes to close to home.

I think seeing some one get ticked on like that is funny.  Its just as funny as whatching a friend puke down the side of your car, or in it, or even better on another friend.

David Rogalski
cainam_nazier@hotmail.com
I am he who walks in the light but is masked by the shadows.
http://www.prepaidliving.com/vip/David127385

Meg

When I was a kid, I once tricked my brother into drinking tinkle by pretending I was drinking some and saying how nice it was. We were in the bath, and he ticked into a cup and drank it.

I think it's a funny story, Fred. Your family sounds great.

It strikes me that this is posted on the "spiritual development" forum... (!)

Meg

"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson
"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson

http://journeytothecentre.blogspot.com

Gandalf

Can someone tell me what people mean when they say this? usually coupled with nervous shiver...

I don't think I've every experienced this, or if I have, I havent equated it with the expression...

Can anyone enlighten me?

Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.