News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Be here always in the Truth of I AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie

Be here always in the Truth of I AM

Ronnie Whittaker

7th June 2006

Much of ones individual Spiritual practice often consists of trying to correct, fix or avoid certain non desirable behaviors and negative feelings whilst trying to adopt a more loving, forgiving, and accepting way of being and maintaining the positive, happy feelings of enlightenment.

It's as natural as raindrops for anyone to want the good and not the bad; however this highlights the inner conflict and ever recurring up and down cycles of experience that may add to the impression of a linear path or journey of Spiritual growth progress.

Depending on ones own individual beliefs this could also be attributed to the quest of growing from ignorance to enlightenment, duality to oneness, from one dimensional existence to another, or from unconsciousness to full consciousness, whatever.

When it comes right down to it, your Spiritual practice may simply in all truth be the actions taken by you to bring to balance or compensate for this cyclic or sometimes erratic inner movement between wanting and averting. This re-arranging of the Ego may be the overall theme of your own Spirituality, one that has been with you for many years now and perhaps many more to come?

If this sounds familiar then have you ever stopped to ask yourself, how long this has been going on for? Will it ever end? Have you found lasting freedom and liberation in any of this? Or are you perhaps waiting for the final liberating experience to set you free or even for the latest and seemingly greatest prophesised date of 2012 to come around, to wake you up fully and resolve all of your issues for you?

Consider this, and I'm sure many out there will be familiar either through past glimpses of personal experience, learned knowledge or concept. The truth of what you are is none of this, but contains within it all of this experience. The truth of what you are is here now seeing you play the game of Spirituality. And to fully realize, to be as the truth of what you are you must fully comprehend and know of the many illusions of what you are not.

So you may like to stop for a moment, drop your mental story, and yes the one you have been carrying around with you like a Monkey on your back all day today. The story of who you think you are, what you need to do, what you think of others, what others might think of you, who has wronged you, who has righted you, what you like, what you don't like, how enlightened you are, how unenlightened you are.

Drop it all and let your thoughts come to an end.

Go into a quiet room away from the PC, settle down and relax into the moment, be still and without using any thoughts, memories, beliefs, associations or perceptions, ask yourself until the unspoken answer is the norm of where your attention remains:

Am I free, not free, or neither?

Am I awake, non awake, or neither?

Am I enlightened, unenlightened, or neither?

Am I the body, not the body, or neither?

Am I happy, not happy, or neither?

Am I stressed, not stressed, or neither?

Am I alone, not alone, or neither?

Am I worried, not worried, or neither?

Am I angry, not angry, or neither?

*You get the picture, use your own questions to suit.

Yet again without using any thoughts, memories, beliefs, associations or perceptions ask until the unspoken answer is the norm of where your attention remains:

What am I?

Be here always in the Truth of I AM.

© Ronnie Whittaker
http://www.soulvibe.net

jub jub

I couldn't answer those questions truthfully because I am bound by beliefs, either perceived or real that would influence my answers. Therefore I can only say, "I am what I am".
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

visitfaraz

I have found that if you let your mind go around and jump like a monkey, it finally slows down and slows down and then slows down some more . But fighting it leads to just more monkey mind stuff and the monkey gets more and more naughty.

I just try and stay with the sense of "I am " . i had been doing it for some time and i felt like there was nobody else, i mean i found that there was nobody who was staying with the " i am" , but there was only the presence which did not depend on anybody.
but soon, i got involved in material things again and the presence seems to have gone away. although i know that the presence never waivers and doesnt  go away.but still here " I am"

Nay

I think they just want to get more people on their website.

Quotebe still and without using any thoughts, memories, beliefs, associations or perceptions, ask yourself until the unspoken answer is the norm of where your attention remains:
This doesn't make sense to me.   I can't ask questions without using any thoughts, memories, beliefs or perceptions.  And then I'm suppose to to hear an unspoken answer?  Sounds like a spiritual book I read back in the 70's.. it confused me then, and it still confuses me.  :lol:

visitfaraz

well, what i was talking about was non duality. I was sort of led to it .I had never heard about it, but was led from one thing to another and found that i was interested in it. I just could not forget it. at almost all times of the day i was focussing on the "I am".

If you are confused about it and not interested , then no problem. who says you have to be interested or be able to understand whatever is being talked about.
and who said that others cannot be interested in something that makes you confused .

thats all for now.
bye.

Nay

I like to be able to understand what is being talked about..lol.  And no one said others cannot be interested.

I was hoping you would explain, how am suppose to hear an unspoken word? Do you mean emotions?   I know you said something about duality.. but that doesn't explain it.. or does it?  Hope to hear some kind of explanation. :smile:

MisterJingo

Quote from: NayI like to be able to understand what is being talked about..lol.  And no one said others cannot be interested.

I was hoping you would explain, how am suppose to hear an unspoken word? Do you mean emotions?   I know you said something about duality.. but that doesn't explain it.. or does it?  Hope to hear some kind of explanation. :smile:

I think a lot of things like this shouldn't be taken literally :smile:. I guess it's meant to invoke an abstract idea/sensation/emotion.
An example is the saying of Kether/God being a circle whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. If you attempt to visualise such a paradox, it will produce a certain feeling. The feeling it invokes is the point. What that feeling means is up to personal interpretation :razz:.

Selski

Quote from: MisterJingoAn example is the saying of Kether/God being a circle whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. If you attempt to visualise such a paradox, it will produce a certain feeling. The feeling it invokes is the point. What that feeling means is up to personal interpretation :razz:.

Really?  

I've never heard of that before, but here are my words trying to describe an experience I had just a couple of nights ago... (highlighted for clarity).

I was aware of my physical body (dream body) and was being taught to focus away from the body. This was not through focusing on the ceiling or anything like that, but it was to focus in a central way, central to the body without actually focusing on any one part of the body. It's impossible to describe this lesson. There were no "teachers" as such, but I knew I was being shown how to have an OBE. It was the feeling and sensation of becoming a non-body, becoming almost like a small circular disk in the centre of the body. Once I'd got that 'feeling' I then instintively knew that I'd separated or removed all association with the body. I could then go...

...I reached for that feeling again of being a centred circle, found it, and popped out of my dream body again.

Woohoo!  It seems the lessons being shown me during my dreams are actual lessons that others have learnt and written about.

:woot:

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

MisterJingo

Quote from: Selski
Quote from: MisterJingoAn example is the saying of Kether/God being a circle whose centre is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere. If you attempt to visualise such a paradox, it will produce a certain feeling. The feeling it invokes is the point. What that feeling means is up to personal interpretation :razz:.

Really?  

I've never heard of that before, but here are my words trying to describe an experience I had just a couple of nights ago... (highlighted for clarity).

I was aware of my physical body (dream body) and was being taught to focus away from the body. This was not through focusing on the ceiling or anything like that, but it was to focus in a central way, central to the body without actually focusing on any one part of the body. It's impossible to describe this lesson. There were no "teachers" as such, but I knew I was being shown how to have an OBE. It was the feeling and sensation of becoming a non-body, becoming almost like a small circular disk in the centre of the body. Once I'd got that 'feeling' I then instintively knew that I'd separated or removed all association with the body. I could then go...

...I reached for that feeling again of being a centred circle, found it, and popped out of my dream body again.

Woohoo!  It seems the lessons being shown me during my dreams are actual lessons that others have learnt and written about.

:woot:

Sarah

Reading that brought up a memory of something which used to happen to me as a child :smile:. Although it was a horrible feeling back then :grin:. The best way I can describe is I became a tactile concept. Like a shape, "I" could feel myself in that shape, pushed to the edges. Next to me was an infinitely large thing. I couldn't see it as such, but I could feel all of it. In comparison I was a tiny thing, as small as an atom. I could feel the difference in size between this object and I, and this difference and the feeling it evoked seemed to push me down, shrink me smaller and smaller. It's very hard to convey what this felt like.

visitfaraz

i dont think think i would do justic to the topic by trying to explain something which is unexplainable and which even the masters only point towards. Because as soon as i say something about it. it becomes a concept, a point of view.

But ,anyways, i would just tell you my point of view about it. What is being pointed towards is the essence of all beings. one thing which doesnt come and go. It is not actually about the questioning i.e you are not supposed to hear the unspoken word or ask questions without using thoughts, beliefs and emotions.

The thing is to find the ultimate happiness which doesnt depend on material things or any stories.

the above sentence actually would make sense when you notice that everyone is after something or the other thinking that getting the desired object would make he/she happy. But, what happens when the desired object is achieved , the person finds out that it is useless and the happiness is very short lived. so the person goes on the quest of finding something else. thus, the person is being told , that the attention be taken away from all the stories in the mind of the person and to be focussed on the only thing which is permanent, which doesnt come and go. when the focus is done , then only one finds out that the person was actually an illusion and there is just the beingness and consciousness and nothing else.
thus the non duality.
I hope this makes sense to you, maybe you may have become even more confused. but i am not an enlightened master and the thing you were telling me to explain was actually unexplainable.

okay, so dont blame me. if you are still confused.

bye.
faraz

Nay

Quoteokay, so dont blame me. if you are still confused.

Uhhhh.. ok, I won't.  I'll blame the Master  :lol:

EDIT: WHAT is going on with me and starting a new page....???  Third time's a charm?