News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Teaching

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

Lately at work many circumstances started manifesting causing me frustration and inconvenience. I started wondering why that was. I knew there must be a reason, something that I am not dong rights and I needed to change something. I know by now very well, that any challenges even the smallest ones that happen to us have a REASON behind them. Something that WE have to do. These are not just random occurrences that happen by chance. So, if we make an effort to understand the reasons behind any challenges that we have, then as soon as we learn and change our thoughts/behavior, etc, then the challenges dissolve. There is no need of them any longer. But we have to remember to ask ourselves WHY, and NEVER blame external circumstances or people. If we do that, we will not learn and the challenges will keep repeating.

So, I was thinking really hard as to why this is happening at work, what am I doing wrong. A few weeks earlier, I was assigned a direct report and this person was not performing well at all. As their manager, I had to provide retraining, take additional time to do that, but the person was not showing improvement. This was starting to annoy me and I was hoping this person will be assigned to another manager. The process all of a sudden started happening and I was happy that my wish actually was coming true although I never requested re-assignment. I just wished and it started happening. I was very pleased of the power of my thoughts, but then all these little annoying things started happening, extra work coming my way, dealing with difficult issues, etc. Then, one day on my morning walk, as my mind was relaxed in observing the nature, a strike of a single thought hit me suddenly "Since when do you reject your students?" Wow, I stopped and I realized that I rejected that person, wanted to get rid of them because they were annoying me with their lack of progress. But now I realized that I as a teacher was failing this student. I shouldn't be giving up on then so easily. I have to make more efforts and give my best to help them willingly and sincerely. I felt so bad realizing that, apologized in my mind to them, went home and created a plan to continue retraining them. Since then, all these little road blocks at work just disappeared.

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

T-Man

Thanks for sharing this LB.  I think this is a great teaching moment for everyone to absorb as I think many people have found themselves in this type of situation.  It's always easier to blame someone else for our daily issues or manifestations but difficult to look within and change on how we react or create our own reality.   :-)

The Adventure Continues...

Nameless

Very astute observation LB. It's good you share this as we all need these reminders of how powerful we truly are and how we don't get off lightly just because we think we should. Some lessons are essential and they are about us more so than the one we are supposed to be teaching.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Gizzytaz

Hypothetically, you are his teacher helping him join the spiritual path, you are trying to "wake him up", but he doesn't know about it. At what point would you have to let him go, in order to not violate his free will, if he wouldn't show any kind of progress? You sure can't take him by force...can you? Because I'm sure he would be so grateful...

LightBeam

Quote from: Gizzytaz on May 04, 2021, 15:29:46
Hypothetically, you are his teacher helping him join the spiritual path, you are trying to "wake him up", but he doesn't know about it. At what point would you have to let him go, in order to not violate his free will, if he wouldn't show any kind of progress? You sure can't take him by force...can you? Because I'm sure he would be so grateful...

Nothing spiritual though, just teaching work processes, but this person needed my help and I was annoyed by his slow progress and wished to withdraw from this task of trying to have him understand. However, teaching is teaching, no matter in what area of life. We need to help each other in every aspect no matter how hard it may seem. Anyway, I was not pushing this person to teach him, but he had a choice, whether to learn or to be fired. He chose to stay and learn regardless of how hard it was for him. I put in the time and effort and eventually slowly but surely he succeeded.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Gizzytaz

Would I be selfish if I tried to convince someone to join my spiritual path?

Lumaza

Quote from: Gizzytaz on May 04, 2021, 15:29:46
The adage "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" comes into play here. We see that played out constantly on this Forum. A new member shows interest. Members here will attempt to help them and then the person will just disappear, never to post again. 
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LightBeam

Quote from: Gizzytaz on May 05, 2021, 12:16:21
Would I be selfish if I tried to convince someone to join my spiritual path?

Everyone has a choice of what to believe in. You can share with them your beliefs, if they come to you, teach them, but if they do not show interest, then let them chose their own path. Trying to convince someone will not work. They can be attracted by the very first idea you present to them, but they will not get convinced if they don't resonate with it, and so there is no point of continue trying.
Captain Jack Sparrow