News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What can affect your physical state in your next l

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hi G3MM4,

First, welcome to the Astral Pulse forums! [:)] Looking forward to your posts. Regarding your query, I am certainly no expert. From books I have read, there is often the statement that once we pass over, we adopt a younger, robust and healthy non-physical form. Robert Bruce wrote that he saw his mother after she had passed over and she was both younger and healthy looking in her non-physical appearance. Further, I do know Bruce Moen and others have written about the non-physical realms. You may also want to peruse his website as well:

http://www.afterlife-knowledge.com/

Also, I thought that your topic might fare better in another forum so I moved to our Welcome to Spiritual Development forum. If you disagree, please contact me via private message (PM) and we'll work something out.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

G3MM4

Hi

Thanks for replying. I just wasn't sure where to put my topic, so thanks for moving it to an appropiate place.

I'll take a look at the link you provided. But I'm just trying to understand whether your actions in a previous life or lives will have consequences in your next life. I know that people do revert back to a healthier and younger state in the spirit world. I'm so sure that my gran for instance will look much better when I get to see her properly. [;)]
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Please visit Astral Planet.

Meedan

Don't forget the possibility that you may have CHOSEN to live a life with 'disabilities' to make you appreciate other things, or to give you a different perspective.

While you are on that site, I recommend the two books on there, especially The Freedom of Choice, both books can be read online for free. [:)] www.thiaoouba.com
With Love

Nay

I agree with Meedan...

Lets say Jane is on the "otherside" making plans for her next incarnation.  She says, I don't want to be on the earthly plane that many times, so she picks harder incarnations so she can learn faster.(I sometimes wonder if this isn't why people commit sucide because they bit off more than they could chew, in trying to hurry up the process)

Then there's Jack, he says well...not me, I don't want to have hardship in my lives, thus making him learn at a bit slower and having to have more reincarnations.

I think that is why we are all here to learn.  Living on the "otherside" is so wonderful you can't learn much..[:P] so we have to come here.

We all get to the same place we just take different longer/shorter paths on the way there. [:D]

Of course all my opinion.

Nay

G3MM4

That could be possible I suppose. Thought goodness knows why I made that decision if that's the case! I have learnt a lot of things about life and I'm only 22 years old!

So if this is the case, then the article I read on the site I was talking about must be a load of baloney.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience. - Dr. Wayne  W. Dyer

Meedan

No it's not baloney at all. [:)] We were simply stating another  possibility, for some people it is for the reasons stated in the article, for others it is through choice. You should read those books and maybe you will understand why.
With Love

G3MM4

Well both theories make sense to me. I used to be a drug user until recently. When I read the article, I decided there and then to stop, so I guess that's a good thing. It did make me wonder whether I was doing something in a past life to make myself this way, but on the other hand I guess it makes just as much sense that I may have actually chosen to live a life like mine.

They're both interesting theories though. [:D]

Meedan

I think you already got what I meant, but just to clarify in case. I think both of those theories are true. They are not exclusive at all. Like most things there can be different reasons for the same thing. We're all individual, we all have individual reasons for things that are happening to us, or for things we do.
With Love

G3MM4

Well I agree on what you said about having individual reasons for the things we do. But I've come to realise that there are usually other paths that we can take to achieve the same result or thing. For example, I used to use drugs as a means of "forgetting" or "dealing" with the hard times. But now I can see that if I take a different path to achieve the same  or a better result. As for things that happen to me, I believe that some things can't be controlled, and other things can. I couldn't control the way that my uncle died. Or the way that my gran died. But now I can see that I can control how I deal with these things.

Hopefully you understood what I was trying to get at! [:D]

The AlphaOmega

I don't believe in reincarnation.  Any belief that suggests there is more after this life is good, but I'm amazed at how many people believe in the afterlife yet think we just keep coming back to this life over and over.  In the after life your body, though not physical, will be fully restored.  It's not that you did something bad in another life, but simply that your disability was given to you in this one in order for you to learn a specific lesson, which I believe you chose to do yourself before you came here.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

G3MM4

quote:
Any belief that suggests there is more after this life is good, but I'm amazed at how many people believe in the afterlife yet think we just keep coming back to this life over and over.

Well, I respect your views on reincarnation, but I disagree with what you say about it. I think we come back in order to learn a lesson (or lessons) that we haven't yet learnt. I mean, this might not be the only time I've been here. Maybe I've lived life on Earth before. I mean, there are some people who say they can remember something about their past lives. My Mum is one of them.

[:)]

Meedan

Spiritual development - the advancing of the abilities of the mind - would be much more difficult without reincarnation. It would take a LOT more than one life's lessons for us to become as spiritually developed as - say - buddha, jesus, ghandi etc... Don't forget that it is very unlikely that Earth is the only planet with life on it. It is even less likely that Earth is one of the more spiritually developed planets.

Children don't need toys to develop, but they develop much faster with them. This physical universe is here for a REASON.
With Love

G3MM4

I agree with that. I've always wondered if there were other inhabited planets in other solar systems. It's fanscinating subject really.

samsara

Hi Everyone,
          I only recently began to consider the possibility that maybe people chose to be in the life they are now. It made a lot of sense when combined with the idea of reincarnation. If we have an infinite number of lives, we must also have an infinite number of experiences, both good and bad, in order to gain knowledge. I also thought that this can be a thorny issue as it brings up the issue of all the different types of suffering in the world. Does this mean that regardless of the suffering an individual has in their life, they chose to undergo this?

Samsara

wendi

Dear G3MM4:

It is a lie that your handicaps are some kind of punishment from other lifetimes.  I believe these things happen because humans just don't know enough about how to prevent them.  A lot of people in the sciences and medicine are not the most spiritually advanced.  What they do is often just low alchemy.

God is Love
And He who abides in God
Abides in Him.

galacticsurfer

I remember vaguely some quote from Ramana Maharshi in the book with all the conversations with him. Somebody asked him about suffering and enlightenment and he says "suffering is the way to enlightenment" or something similar. I think that must be true. Only when we are unhappy do we try to find happiness. Ultimately this happiness can only be spiritual. Jesus said to cut out your right eye if it offends you. This is along the same line of thinking. Spirit has preeminence over body. The body is the cause of suffering as it has all these attachments to itself(hunger, sleep). It is a big ego trip( "Oh I am so handsome, strong, etc.")

Only by comparison do we feel better generally. I mean like somebody has to be worse off than ourselves then we thank God we aren't in their shoes. If however we are the worst off we curse God and fate. Everybody does this, not just people with handicaps, but everybody, everywhere. This is bad and only through a deeper spirituality can we just learn to enjoy the moment and simple things. I read in a book that a guru a couple thousand years ago predicted there would come a time when millions of people would use meditation instead of drugs to keep happy. I think this is actually happening today as we do not have any choice, either drugs to forget or prayer/medtiation to remember our true selves.
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

G3MM4

Well I've heard of people who, in one of their past lives, have sustained an injury, have had problems with the area of their body in which they sustained that injury. For example, a man may have got shot in the leg, and in his next life, he has problems with that leg. That's just an example. But it leads me to think that when something happened in a past life, it's possible that you could get problems from it in a later life.

G3MM4

Sorry, I don't know where is the best place to post this message. So if you want to move it to a more appropiate place then please do so!

I'm a disabled person with an amputated leg and I'm deaf too. I was born with a shortened and twisted leg with no ankle. The doctors amputated it when I was a tot.

I was reading on another website that if you take drugs in one life, or are exposed to loud noises, it can damage the information stored in your astral body and can take several lifetimes to correct. The link to that website is: http://www.thiaoouba.com/matching_aura_environment.htm

You will find the bit of information I'm referring to under the heading: ASTRAL BODY.

I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is true then is it possible that I did something bad in my past lifes which caused my disabilities? My Mum is deaf, and has a deformed foot, but we don't know where she got that from as there are no known deformities like that in my family tree. My Mum can remember her past life. She lived in the Victorian times as a 7 year old girl, who got killed by being crused by a steamroller at a summer fair.

Any input would be welcome.