News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

What is the purpose of reincarnation?

Previous topic - Next topic

PlasmaAstralProjection

Hi all I have been thinking about what is the purpose of reincarnation and how it works. If someone here believes they have some insights into how it all works, and what is the purpose of reincarnating, can you please share.

Thanks.

ChopstickFox

I think that if we ever learned the true purpose and all the ins and outs, we would have defeated the purpose. Why do we not live forever in the bodies we have? Certainly the physical automatons we're in will deteriorate before our consciousness.

Zombies are no good. ;)
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

AteBits

I would suggest you read "Zeth Speaks: The Eternal Validity Of the Soul". I find perfect answers fo almost all of my questions regarding the afterlife, reincarnation, the soul etc. in that one.

PlasmaAstralProjection

What makes you think that Seth is accurate? I have heard of her before and my brother has her book....... IDK if Seth is accurate. Even though I believe in astral projection, I am in general pretty skeptical about channeled info. Thoughts?.....

AteBits

I can't prove that its genuine, but thats what my gut feeling tells me. And there are many famous authors and spiritually related persons voting for the Seth material as truly genuine. Thats all I can say really. You have to read and see what you think of it yourself.

Stookie_

You can't cram every needed physical experience in one lifetime. Of the infinite number of types of humans/personalities and their relationship to the physical world, one incarnation is way too limited. You'd be much more well rounded having a number of experiences from a number of different perspectives that conglomerate as part of a single being.

Bedeekin

Spot on!

In fact... would it not be even more profitable to be able to experience the lives of every individual that has been... is and will be? ;)

Szaxx

A view from the other side may be that this physical existance is regarded as a learning 'holiday of sorts' from the astral.
Its a viewpoint if you look from the wider reality that explains the possibility of why we are here in the first place. Dreams would then be echoes from the physical into the wider reality. From dreams we would be able to enter the wider reality.
Doesn't require rocket science, just a reason that may explain lots of physical events that have no defined answer.
Thoughts.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bedeekin

My Big TOE!!! read it. Don't just watch the videos on Youtube.

It pretty much explains everything in a very concise and scientific way.

dreamingod

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 26, 2012, 18:09:00
My Big TOE!!! read it. Don't just watch the videos on Youtube.

It pretty much explains everything in a very concise and scientific way.

Bedeekin, I agree. My experiences have lead me to similar insights.

First, what is reality?

Tom Campbell: What Happens After We Die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bXSHl78vFpM

If you accept Thomas Campbell explanation that all realities are virtual simulated realities
in consciousness, then 'reincarnation' offers another experience, another dream
without the continuation of any emotional and psychological baggage (if that is your wish).
What sort of experiences? What reality paradigm?
I think that is up to you, your desires, belief systems, expectations, your awarenss level.
Your choice :)

What is the purpose of life?
This is a subjective perspective.
I think: to live, to have experiences, to perceive meaning and purpose in life (whatever that may be), to love, to explore different facets/expressions of self and creativity.

If there was no discontinuation of reality frames, then I perceive out of sheer boredom
consciousness will inevitably create a means to exit the reality paradigm to explore
other potentials/possibilities.

Death is not just an end, it is renewal, a beginning of another exploration of YOUinVERSE.

~
We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

Bedeekin

I can only accept it because I was arriving at the same conclusion up until the point I began reading it... he just consolidated it for me and in a much more eloquent way.

I already knew that there was a continuation of self beyond the physical... through personal experience and affirmations.

All said.. .it can only be speculation as to what exactly happens and is fun to theorise.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will probably start with that book Seth speaks. I already saw some of Campbells videos.

Thanks again, peace.

Bedeekin

To tell you the truth... I don't believe in Reincarnation... I didn't believe in it when I was a frog... nor will I in the next life.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 28, 2012, 10:57:47
To tell you the truth... I don't believe in Reincarnation... I didn't believe in it when I was a frog... nor will I in the next life.
It depends on what kind of reincarnation your talking about. I don't think I was ever a frog or anything similar to that. Taoists believe you could die and reincarnate into a rat liver. That is ridiculous, IMO. They forget that our spirit body is karmicly connected. So it keeps the different part together in the transition into the spirit realm.

I will reincarnate as a human or similar intelligent species. And as far as never reincarnating here in the physical dimension, is also ridiculous. All of nature is in cycle,  it's always recycling, and in flux. And things are constantly changing. Sometimes it takes millions or billions or trillions of years  for certain cycles, but it all comes to an end sometime. So for this reason, I think your chances of reincarnating are high into the physical. But it could be hundreds or billions of years before you comeback to reincarnate in the physical.

LightBeam

Quote from: astralprojectee on November 28, 2012, 19:23:06
I don't think I was ever a frog or anything similar to that.
But it could be hundreds or billions of years before you comeback to reincarnate in the physical.

But what do you suppose the spirit of a frog is? Isn't it made from the same substance as yours? Then I think your higher self and that of the frog are not so different. So, logically our spirits can reincarnate into anything and everything in any given reality with various densities.
As far as time goes, billions of years in the inner dimensions are very differently perceived than in earthly years. In fact your higher self is experiencing many incarnations in many realities, in many shapes and forms simultaneously. What you perceive as yourself at the moment is just a small part of your complete self, observed at a particular point of your infinite experiences.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

ChopstickFox

It has made me sad before to think that some day, whatever happens after death, I will lose myself and my thoughts as the person I am now. Just a little bit of sadness that I might become a person that I no longer liked and have no idea. It was the same as when I was about 10 and imagining myself becoming a "teenager" and a "girl". Oh, I was terrified! I sat myself down and engrained a memory into my mind that said "remember who you are deep down and I hope you never let go of it." Actually, as I grew up, this massive change that I noticed in nearly all the others around me never hit me and I like to think that I would make the younger me proud. So I guess I just need to hope and have faith that whatever happens, it's what is meant to be and for the best.

Do I believe in reincarnation? I have had some experiences that have pointed to the idea. I wont go into detail, but there's so many other possibilities as well. There is no direct proof and out of all the possibilities of existence, there could be a ton of other ways to explain it. Do I believe? I honestly don't know. But in the end, it doesn't matter if you come back in another physical body or not. We're all here right now and let's make the best of it. And hope for the best in the lifetimes to come. Or should I say the existence to come. :)
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

PlasmaAstralProjection

Quote from: ChopstickFox on November 28, 2012, 23:01:43
But in the end, it doesn't matter if you come back in another physical body or not. We're all here right now and let's make the best of it. And hope for the best in the lifetimes to come. Or should I say the existence to come. :)
Good point, but I would add to the flip side of that coin that in the meantime we need something to help explain past-life memories, justice, and injustice in how the universe works. There is nothing wrong with hypothesizing, and theorizing until we have silver bullet proof for reincarnation.

Peace.

ChopstickFox

It's certainly fun to hyphothesize :) I wont deny that!

Bedeekin

Quote from: astralprojectee on November 28, 2012, 23:12:07
Good point, but I would add to the flip side of that coin that in the meantime we need something to help explain past-life memories, justice, and injustice in how the universe works. There is nothing wrong with hypothesizing, and theorizing until we have silver bullet proof for reincarnation.

Peace.

Past life memories... justice... injustice... badness.. goodness...  all these were, are and will be experienced by the single whole that is every individuated entity that we call ourselves. :)

dreamingod

Quote from: LightBeam on November 28, 2012, 22:42:26
But what do you suppose the spirit of a frog is? Isn't it made from the same substance as yours? Then I think your higher self and that of the frog are not so different. So, logically our spirits can reincarnate into anything and everything in any given reality with various densities.
As far as time goes, billions of years in the inner dimensions are very differently perceived than in earthly years. In fact your higher self is experiencing many incarnations in many realities, in many shapes and forms simultaneously. What you perceive as yourself at the moment is just a small part of your complete self, observed at a particular point of your infinite experiences.

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 29, 2012, 03:43:22
Past life memories... justice... injustice... badness.. goodness...  all these were, are and will be experienced by the single whole that is every individuated entity that we call ourselves. :)

I concur with both perspectives/insights.

Currently my mind, spirit (metaphor) temple is embodied in a female South East Asian body expression.
During lucid dreaming I have experienced self as many different personality constructs,
in different bodies, appearances, gender, time periods including future Earth techno city, scenes/landscapes, that I can accept all these myriad of self expressions.

With each self expression I have experienced differing perspectives,
offering me the insight that there can be no absolute truth, only relative truth.
With each mind perspective arises meaning and purpose to life based on real experiences
and thus ego-self identity; these are all subjective definitions based on experiences.

Since I know I am eternal, 'death' is only a metaphor relative to the
temp-oral (word/will)  reality construct as it provides an exit strategy.

So what is reincarnation?
Is it a metaphor for another dream, another mind perspective, another virtual simulated reality?
I find the tradition belief of reincarnation or rebirth back to Earth to be limiting.
As consciousness, Earth is a mindscape among infinite realities and possibilities.
What is the limiting factor? I think it is the scope of our imagination.
So in a liberal interpretation, do we 'reincarnate' each lucid dream when we 'remember'
or experience another expression of self?

Death and rebirth, remembrance and amnesia - all are valuable tools to experience the
richness and variety of life.
Ultimately consciousness relies on memory to build dreams, seek life purpose and
experience new perspective with each mind exploration.
We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

zareste

Ever had one of those dreams where there's a big red planet in the sky that brings catastrophe?

Someone killed you and dumped your spirit on Earth, where they forcibly reincarnate you until you learn to serve them or become too insane to function

Bedeekin

Quote from: zareste on November 30, 2012, 02:58:08
Ever had one of those dreams where there's a big red planet in the sky that brings catastrophe?

Someone killed you and dumped your spirit on Earth, where they forcibly reincarnate you until you learn to serve them or become too insane to function

:-D

zareste

I notice Bedeekin has been causing trouble in other threads too.

Bedeekin

I hope you say that tongue in cheek and you don't think I'm really causing trouble.

Not agreeing isn't causing trouble... and I think long and hard about my answers... unless it's about crystal radios... I don't do radios. ;)

I laughed because I thought you must have been joking. You were weren't you?

Dreamshards

Quote from: astralprojectee on November 26, 2012, 04:32:53
What makes you think that Seth is accurate? I have heard of her before and my brother has her book....... IDK if Seth is accurate. Even though I believe in astral projection, I am in general pretty skeptical about channeled info. Thoughts?.....

It's all opinion and theory. Why ask us all what the purpose of reincarnation is because are any of us going to be accurate? Maybe, maybe not, you can't be sure.

For years I have had a "chaos" approach to the meaning of life, meaning that I am not trying label myself but understand that anything can be possible so I have more of a casual approach to belief. Any theory I have can of course be wrong so it's hard to say if reincarnation is real. For all I know it could be like groundhog's day and I could die then wake back up and relive it all over again because I missed some meaning. That would explain deja vu quite well. However, I totally agree with chopstickfox: we are here now and we might just have one chance to live our life to the fullest. People have been searching for the answer to "what is the meaning of life" and believe they have failed. I believe the meaning of life is right in front of us. It's to enjoy life and all of our experiences.