News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Which "religion" gives the most spiritual growness

Previous topic - Next topic

gdo

Telos that does not make sense.  

Religions are tribal and cultural.  There are lots of people who are rich in spirit who follow the tenents of a religion.  There are also lots of people who are willing to put down what they do not understand.

Telos

Quote from: gdo on July 08, 2006, 06:11:22
Telos that does not make sense.  

Religions are tribal and cultural.  There are lots of people who are rich in spirit who follow the tenents of a religion.  There are also lots of people who are willing to put down what they do not understand.

Following the tenets of a religion does not mean following the religion. For example, I practice abstinence from alcohol, but I am not a Muslim.

People who are willing to put down what they do not understand are not religious, from my perspective. A common feature of religion seems to be the acceptance of something by faith that is otherwise principally not understandable.

Enoch

None of them follow your on path....That does not however mean that there is not MUCH to learn from all religions...And that does not by any circumstance mean dont believe.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

gdo

Telos,   A lot of people do things on faith and they are not religious.

We all take faith in that which we do not have the knowledge nor facility to understand. 

How many of you are qualified to understand or work in astro physics.  You must take what you are told, by astrophysicists on faith.  How many are qualified to compose music?  To conduct and orchestra?  To Run a conglonmerate business?  You must take these things on faith also. 

Religion serves a purpose just as all tribal rituals have done in the past.   Street signs serve a purpose, so do gps for your car.    You can believe in them or not.  A light switch works to turn off and on a light, whether you believe in it or not.  Unless you understand how a light switch REALLY works you must take it s working on Faith. 

BadCookie

none Religions is a POS all of them they are tools to inslave humanity dont listen to greedy mf preaching what they think to be
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

BadCookie

Religion LOL   

Religion is for the weak minded zombies
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

kiwibonga

Putting down religions is for weak minded bullies  :evil:
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

bronzebow

Well after a life time of indoctrination I have found that I have a real appreciation for schools that promote method of understanding stuff through actual experience instead of fear and dogma.  :)

BadCookie

Quote from: kiwibonga on August 23, 2006, 06:15:32
Putting down religions is for weak minded bullies  :evil:
Religion is nothing speceal its not mistical or any of that excrement, its a busness a realy good one at that, here in the states being that its tax free  :evil:

Psionic

I am a very spiritual person who walks the path of ascension and I "stand in my own divinity".

Enoch

Religion is the human way of trying to help people understand spirituality...You can see that it was meant to have good purpose..but now its all about what every DAMN thing is about...MATERIALISM and money.
A warrior doesn't seek anything for his solace, nor can he possibly leave anything to chance. A warrior actually affects the outcome of events by the force of his awareness and his unbending intent .

Skeletor

Quote from: Hypernicus on June 12, 2006, 12:14:41
The Eastern philosophies are in harmony with the quantum physics. So that means they are right. But if I want to follow the path back to my origin as described in Our Ultimate Reality book, which I am halfway through, what more books do I want do read? Will Hindusim, Buddhism and Taoism give me answers or does The Astral Pulse have all the advice gathered from around the world and put together in books for man to seek their path through?

you're looking at this all wrong.  spiritual development isn't a straight path that you walk once.  it has many forks in the road and you must travel the same roads many times until you understand.  meaning, no religion gives the most spiritual growth.  every religion exists to provide different experiences for you and your probable selves.  what religious text you decide to read will depend on which seems right to you.  but in the end you will understand all of them and see their individual flaws.
you create your own reality