What is Phasing and how can I do it?

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

The term "phasing" was originally coined from an idea presented by the author Robert Monroe who spent much of his physical lifetime researching obe phenomena. His early work, detailed in his first book Journeys Out of the Body, followed very traditional lines of study. Such that strong parallels can be drawn between his experiences detailed in that book, and the work of the traditional mystics.

However, his later books Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey, published many years later, reveal how his work had progressed to the development and formation of a completely different model of consciousness. His early "locale" concept had been totally replaced by a series of mental Focus Levels. These levels were labelled by using an escalating series of arbitrary numbers. Each level was identified from the mental impressions presented that Monroe categorised and labelled, so that others could follow in his work and duplicate his experiences.

At some point in his experience, Monroe was able to determine the profound truth, that there is no separation within consciousness. Whereas in his early work it felt to him he was "leaving" and "separating" from his physical body in the more traditional sense. His later experiences led him to conclude that he was not "leaving" his body at all. But what he was doing, in his words, was changing the phase relationship between himself and his surroundings. It was from this discovery that the term "Phasing" came into being.

Monroe was an electronics engineer by profession, and it so happens that I too graduated in electronics, so I understand where he was coming from when he talks about phase relationships. You can have two voltages present on the very same wire (you can have many numbers but for this example we'll have just two). To all intents and purposes, those two voltages are mixed, but at the same time they are separated. What separates these two voltages is the phase-angle relationship between them.

Monroe used this phase-angle relationship idea as an analogy to describe the relationship between the physical or objective layer of consciousness, and the non-physical or subjective layer of consciousness. Each respective area of consciousness occupies the same area in "space" and to all intents, they are mixed but at the same time they are separated. So Monroe figured there was a 180-degree Phase Relationship between the two areas of reality. To him, projection became a case of "switching phase" between the physical and the non-physical.  

Phasing, therefore, entails initiating a 180-degree phase shift between the physical and the non-physical realms of reality. The way this is done is rather different from the traditional ways of initiating an "out of body" experience. In fact, Phasing does not incorporate any kind of out of body feelings at all. The normal bodily vehicle can remain and all that changes is a person's environment.

The key to Phasing is to just let the experience flow. You need to allow yourself to become it, as opposed to trying to go to it, or point to it, with some kind of "method". Just lay back and simply become it. At which point people usually say, "Yeah, but Frank it's okay for you but when I close my eyes all I see is blackness. "Well, that is all I see at first!"

I think often that people are too hasty to discount these initial stages, and they just go off on some method.

When I close my eyes all I see is blackness. But I think the essential difference between me and many beginners is when they close their eyes they are not really noticing. And that's another key to it... that of noticing self. I think people become too wrapped up in methods and techniques, and it prevents them from really noticing themselves.

Okay, so as I say, when I close my eyes all I see is blackness, which is normal. I'll wriggle around a bit to get comfortable, maybe my knee is itching and my hair is tickling my ear or something. So I'll sort all that out and just concentrate on breathing gently for 5 minutes or so. Now, because I am noticing as opposed to avidly trying to perfect and follow some technique or method, in the traditional sense, my full attention is taken by the simple act of noticing.

I read a post today where someone keeps trying and they are saying about how they are concentrating upon holding their awareness outside of themselves, and at the same time they are concentrating on "raising energy" and doing everything correctly, and whatever... but nothing is happening. That's right, because all their attention is fixated elsewhere, whereas all my attention is fixated on noticing.

Noticing what?

Well, nothing at first, there's not much to see really but blackness. But then, after a short while, I may see that perhaps one part of the blackness is not quite so black. Perhaps there was just a brief flash of something, then maybe a sensation of a movement somewhere else. Maybe I just heard someone call my name. Hmm, that's interesting, I might think, I wonder where that came from. But I don't get too curious I just keep noticing. I might see swirling areas of not quite so black as the rest. I might see flashes of this and that. As I am offering myself these images, my attention is steadily becoming more fixated within.

As my attention becomes fixated within, from the act of noticing, at this stage I am not aware of my physical body. Part of my awareness realises that somewhere in the background is a physical body, in bed, etc. but I have phased away from it. Before, the forefront of my awareness was my physical and 180 degrees turned around from that, in the background of my awareness, was the non-physical. But now there has been a "phase shift" i.e. a turning through 180 degrees. Now, my previous foreground (physical) is my background, and my previous background (non-physical) is my foreground.

This is what is meant by "phasing" because you cause a 180-degree Phase Shift between the non-physical and the physical. As I say, Monroe first coined the term as he was an electronics engineer and he was picturing it like it were two voltages, 180 degrees out of phase with each other. Hence he coined the term Phasing. But I guess people generally have difficulties picturing two voltages 180-degrees out of phase with each other. So, instead, imagine a revolving door that is the entrance to a building. Any old building, it doesn't matter.

You are standing outside the building. So the "outside" is your reality. You are aware of a reality that exists inside the building, but is closed to you by the door. Now, go through and turn the door 180 degrees and stop (oh, in case anyone doesn't know there are 360 degrees in a circle, so 180 degrees is half a circle). Now, you are inside the building. So the "inside" is your reality. You are aware of a reality that exists outside the building, but it is closed to you by the door. Now again go through and turn the door by 180 degrees, and stop. So now, the "outside" is your reality again.

Each time you go though the door and turn through 180 degrees, there is a 180-degree "phase shift" between your awareness of the outside and your awareness of the inside, in terms of your reality.

Okay, so as my attention becomes fixated within, from the act of noticing, this causes a 180-degree phase shift between my awareness of the physical (outer) and my awareness of the non-physical (inner) sense of reality. So from then on, I continue to notice anything that may come about. I'm not all that curious, I'm not trying to make anything happen, I'm not enacting some kind of method or technique, I'm simply looking within and noticing what is taking place, and the act of doing that is focusing my attention.

As a person focuses their attention within themselves, through the action of noticing, they allow themselves to view "snippets" of other dimensions of reality. This action is translated objectively as the perception of flashes of all manner of this and that, random images that come and go, all kinds of spurious sounds, and so forth. Doing this is the equivalent of quickly taking a peek around a corner to snatch a glance, as I said earlier, then we step back double-quick to the safe ground we were at before.

I think, ultimately, what people who follow the Phasing approach need to be realising is: the other dimensions of reality only seem to be objectively separated. But in reality, there is no separation in consciousness. We place a veil between the place we call "here" and the place we call "there" for the purposes of our experience. However, all these dimensions of reality are all affecting, entwined, and exchanging energy with us within every moment of our existence! It's just that we objectively CHOOSE not to view this action.

By following the action of noticing, what you are saying to yourself is: "Okay, self, I would like to objectively choose to view this action for a while."

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions then by all means ask on the main forum.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

PLEASE NOTE:

The below post was made in answer to a member's questions and I am posting it here also as a lot of information in the post is relevant to the Phasing approach. Could I also say that I get quite a few requests from people asking for me to write a book on Phasing. I am currently doing precisely that and I hope to have it published within the next couple of months. The book is about half complete and I am just starting to set up the website, etc.

Okay, so here is the post:

--------------------------------------

I rather think you are mistaken in your accusations of us slapping names on any old experiences we might have. There are a number of us here who are serious-minded practitioners of this art, who look very carefully and closely at the experiences we have and who take great care in our understanding of them.

I think confusion is arising these days because some people are becoming more aware of the fact that everything non-physical is not "astral". The term "astral projection" relates to a particular kind of olden-day belief construct that is usually enacted within an area known as Focus 2 of consciousness.

In the olden days, you had the astral that was said to be set out as 7 planes divided by 7 sub planes, blah, blah, blah, all with ubiquitous funny-sounding names that no one really knows the meaning of. This was their model of consciousness as existed in those days. A model that was filed alongside the one about the world being flat, and the sun revolving around the earth.

Now, our technology has brought to us the knowledge that the world is in fact a sphere, and we actually revolve around the sun. However, only a tiny number of people (myself being one of them) have discovered various facts about the traditional astral-planes model of consciousness, and the severe limitations of this model in relation to what actually takes place.

There are no "planes" there are no "levels", there are no "higher" or "lower" places, etc. All of consciousness is all the same. But when you view it objectively, it doesn't actually look like all of consciousness is all the same. And this is the big pitfall that all the olden day explorers fell into. You see, in those days, people looked up at the sky, they saw the sunrise and they saw the sunset, and it was SO obvious (to them) that the sun revolved around the earth. After all, anyone could objectively view this phenomenon for themselves simply by tracking the sun's movements throughout the course of a day.

In turn, other people went within themselves and saw many different "levels" of consciousness with all their attendant characteristics, like planes and sub-planes, etc. But there are no levels and there are no planes. Consciousness just is. It is all the same. There are differences, of course, but these differences are not to do with the nature of consciousness.

Differences come about because there are different focuses of attention, and in this there are created what we term areas of consciousness. Now, if you study the work of Robert Monroe, he was the pioneer in this. It is on his multi-focus model that my more modern-day Phasing model was based. Even though the Monroe model was a brilliant development on the traditional astral-planes models, it is not without its limitations. As in all things, knowledge widens and events move on. This topic is no different.

In my Phasing model, there are 4 primary focuses of attention within our system, which I have labelled Focus X of consciousness. Where X is the Focus number in question, i.e. 1 to 4 inclusive. I also add the suffix "of consciousness" (which I often abbreviate "oC") to separate it from the Monroe model.

An area of consciousness is not a designation of a level. It is an area that is associated with particular actions, explorations, and/or movements in consciousness. Within these designated areas, an individual may choose to focus their attention and move in directions associated with their choice of exploration.

Focus 1 of consciousness is the area of consciousness known as our physical world, which we are all familiar with so no explanation is needed.

Focus 2 of consciousness is the next area inwards, so to speak. Now, anything that ever has, or ever will come about within Focus 1 originates within Focus 2 of consciousness. This is the area of a person's imagination; it is where all ideas come about, all impressions, gut feelings, etc. Each and every manifestation that is brought into being within Focus 1 oC, absolutely all of it, every invention, every design, every piece of art of any description, etc. without exception originates within Focus 2 of consciousness.

Focus 2 oC is the place the olden day explorers termed the astral. It is perfectly possible to enter this area and engage in whatever belief construct you like. It's the place where most of us do our dreaming. Such that if a person develops a degree of lucidity while they are dreaming, then this is where they will have a lucid dream. Or if they purposely enact some kind of "projection technique" then they will enter this region with certain expectations, which will pan out as an "astral projection" experience as opposed to a dream or lucid dream. But these actions are all essentially the same. All that changes is your level of awareness and your expectations.

This is about as far as those olden-day inner explorers went. Some of them tried to venture "beyond" but by and large they were captured by their superstitions about The Void. Getting lost or getting mutilated by some monster hidden in the dark recesses of The Void was a big thing in those days. The tales of which would be filed alongside all manner of other scary "facts", such as, if a person travelled at more than 15mph their physical body would fall apart.

But these days the more forward-thinking practitioners realise the infamous Void of old is just an area of 3D Blackness situated between Focus 2 and Focus 3 of consciousness. In the same way, for example, the real-time zone is a kind of buffer area, if you like, between Focus 1 and Focus 2 of consciousness. To followers of the Monroe School, The Void is simply the 3D-Blackness at Focus 21. Simple as that. No superstitious nonsense getting in the way. Just place your Intent and away you go.

So when you "take off" into the 3D Blackness, you generally emerge within Focus 3 of consciousness. Or what is becoming commonly known as the Transition Area.

In the olden days people used to "die" and either go to heaven or to hell depending on how they were "judged" at the pearly gates. Within the Transition Area is where all those heavens and hells are situated, and a whole lot more besides.

Nowadays, more and more of us (albeit still a tiny minority) are realising that there is no death. What we call death is actually a belief construct we initiate within Focus 1 of consciousness, to be permanently disengaging ourselves from physical focus and to be entering Transition within the area of Focus 3 of consciousness. Transition is where we allow time to shake off all the now redundant belief constructs that we picked up during our physical focus experience.

People who are getting wiser as to the nature of the wider reality are spending progressively less "time" in Transition. However, in the olden days, people would enter Transition with all manner of notions about god, heaven/hells and judgements and such like. Many, many of these people can still be seen today engaged within their heaven and hell constructs. Significant numbers of people have been engaged in Transition for the equivalent of several hundred years. Whereas, someone such as myself would enter Transition with full knowledge of what was happening. So any "time" I spent engaged in this process would largely be under my control.

There are a number of other collective actions associated with Focus 3 of consciousness, but for the purposes of this post, my explanation above will suffice.

Next step inwards is Focus 4 of consciousness. This is where things really start getting interesting. This area is populated by all manner of "energy essences" that are no longer physically focused. This is where everyone's "connections" to all their other focuses are situated, and it is the first step "back" into subjective reality proper a person takes following their physical experience. In fact, I could write a whole book just on Focus 4 alone the area is so involved.

Anyhow, in a nutshell, the above is a brief rundown of the "map" of our system. It is quite a bit more complex than my explanation would suggest and I could have written pages and pages more. But the above should give people some idea.

Essentially, then, going "beyond" the traditional astral-projection construct entails switching your area of consciousness, as opposed to a person merely switching their perception within consciousness. As I said recently in a post to another thread, what many people have yet to realise is it is quite possible to change your perception in consciousness and not actually shift your area of consciousness.

To get outside the traditional astral-projection "box" it is necessary to learn how to shift your area of consciousness. This is what my Phasing approach is geared towards, and is the essential difference between Phasing, and the more traditional methods.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

Again, I made a post to a thread that talks about the 4-Focus model of consciousness pertaining to our wider reality, to which the Phasing approach relates. So I put the post here as I thought people may find it helpful.

Here's the post:

----------------------------

I also don't understand how 2oC can have everything that has ever or will ever exist, and yet there's 3oC and 4oC somehow distinctly separate. And just what does separate these? Also, what's the difference between a dream or fantasy in 2oC and a lucid dream? Why are they different? Why isn't there just a physical state and a non-physical state?

I'm going to answer Mactomb's points above, and hopefully this should give a little more infill in relation to the true structure of the wider reality.

This physical system was created from a set of archetypes or blueprints. There was no "big bang" that came from nowhere and started it all. We created it. When I say "we" I don't necessarily mean you and I. I mean "we" as in all of us but not as we see ourselves now, but humans in our natural state as energy essences.

The archetypes or blueprints are held within Focus 4 of consciousness. All the original models, all the original plans, etc., etc., in a manner of speaking, for our physical reality and every other physical reality within our system, are all held in Focus 4. Plus, there are millions and millions of people resident there as well. I don't know how many people there are. If it is not infinite then it's a huge number. Simply too huge for the mind to contemplate when held by the confines of physical focus. But when I say "people" they are not people in the sense of them taking a human form, or any other form for that matter.

Focus 4 can be thought of as the creative source for all physical realities within our system. Plus, Focus 4 is also the creative source for other realities that exist within consciousness that are part of our system, but these realities are realities that are not physically oriented.

The people who reside within Focus 4 have no form at all. They exist as energy essences, or what we might call a point of consciousness. I'm not sure how many people will remember the kids TV sci-fi series of about 30 years ago, or so. It was called Captain Scarlet and you had what were known as the Voice of the Mysterons. They were these mysterious beings that would talk to you out of nowhere. Well, that's a bit like how it is communicating with people who live within Focus 4oC.

You Phase into what feels like a huge interconnecting communications network. In a way it's like plugging your computer into the Internet. But you are plugging your mind into an infinite network of other minds. There is, of course, a LOT more to it than that. But in a nutshell that's the simplest explanation I can come up with. While it is an exciting thing to do, I have to mention that it is not for the feint of heart, or for anyone who is not totally grounded in themselves mentally.

The "problem" you might say, is you can get to feeling like you have "lost your own mind".

Thing is, we get so used to having only ourselves in mind. And communicating in this area is fully mind-to-mind. So what you do is merge your mind with another mind or minds (now multiple merging is really freaky, lol) and you communicate via thoughts, imagery, feelings, and so forth, in ways that are appropriate for the subject matter you are communicating about.

In a sense, though, it feels like someone is "invading" your mind, and the more egotistical parts of you may battle against it. With me it took about a hundred attempts before I became comfortable with the process.      

Apart from Phasing to the place, there are two humongous challenges in thinking associated with Focus 4 of consciousness, as follows:

1) It is an area of purely subjective reality. So nothing actually exists as an objective observable form.

2) It is an area of simultaneous time, as opposed to linear time that we experience within this physical reality. So everything that is about to happen, has happened and is happening, is all happening at once within the same moment (within infinity everything happens an infinite number of times).  

When it comes to setting up a physical world "system" certain "supply lines" and "structures" have to be put into place. Each physical world system has 3 basic areas of consciousness that ultimately "connect" to Focus 4. So the "main" area or ultimate creative source, is Focus 4. This area is common to all the physical worlds that are "connected" to it. Focus 4 is what you might call an "umbrella" area, and the other 3 areas of each physical world within our system are "nested" within that overall umbrella.

So say you had Focus 4 and 100 physical-world realities. Note: there is actually an infinite number of other physical-world realities within our whole system. But here let us say there are just 100.

Each physical reality has a Focus 1, obviously, because physical reality is Focus 1. So there are 100 Focus 1's, together with 100 Focus 2's and 100 Focus 3's. Each of these areas is nested within one Focus 4.

The best way of thinking of Focus 4, IMO, is to think of it as the ultimate creative source of all that exists within our entire system. In other words, all the original plans, archetypes, models, etc., etc. of all the physical realities "connected" to Focus 4, are held within this area.

Focus 3 is a Transition Area that is reserved for people "returning" from their physical experience. People generally have to go through a period of shaking off all the belief constructs they brought into objective reality during their physical experience, to enable them to merge fully with subjective reality again. At which point they can decide what to experience next. Focus 3 also has sections that serve as what could be termed areas of our "collective unconscious" but for the purposes of this post, thinking of it as a Transition Area will suffice.    

Focus 2 is a rather interesting area, well, they are all interesting areas, but Focus 2 takes on a more "individualised" tone, which makes it a bit special.

Each person has a vast "section" of Focus 2 "reserved" for them.

The original archetypes held in Focus 4, that are to do with all the potential states and probabilities possible within our particular physical dimension, are "downloaded" into Focus 2. What people then do is pick and choose whatever actions they fancy and "play" with them within their area of Focus 2.

Essentially, the action of doing this creates a pool of individual probabilities within Focus 2, and each person in question decides which of these probabilities to bring into objective reality, i.e. bring into Focus 1.

In other words, each individual creates their reality subjectively within Focus 2, and then they "insert" it into Focus 1 on an ongoing basis.

Please note: not all physical realities are built on the same basis. Not all physical realities, for example, incorporate emotions like we do. So the potential states and probabilities possible for other physical dimensions will naturally vary. Therefore, each physical reality will have a correspondingly different set of potential states and probabilities "downloaded" into their Focus 2 area. But the ultimate source for all these potential states and probabilities, is Focus 4.  

The 4 areas of consciousness are NOT distinctly separate. They are intertwined immeasurably, and each area is associated with particular actions, explorations, and/or movements in consciousness; while being fully connected to, and interacting with, each of the other areas.

An area of consciousness is not a designation of a level.

It is not a place or thing.

It is not an area in space.

An area of consciousness is a focus of attention!

As I said in my other post to this thread, within these designated areas, an individual may choose to focus their attention and move in directions associated with their choice of exploration. If a person really wishes to confuse themselves, they can focus within all 4 areas at the same time. But the most productive way is to focus within one area at once. This typically means Phasing away from the physical (Focus 1) and focusing their attention within another area.  

The difference between a dream or a lucid dream within Focus 2oC is simply the level of a person's objective awareness. These experiences differ in the manner of the extent to which each individual wishes to offer themselves an objective knowing, of their ability to become objectively aware within this area of consciousness.

A person can think of the divide, so to speak, as being the difference between the physical and the non-physical. But that is not entirely accurate. Likewise with the more traditional "astral" constructs. These are translations of what people objectively observed at the time, and were obviously related to their beliefs. But again they are not entirely accurate.

As human beings, we have progressively engaged in more effective belief constructs that hold the promise of getting to "the truth". This is why, over the past couple of hundred years, we have been progressively moving away from the old religious constructs, and adopting what we see as more "valid" constructs pertaining to our physical sciences.

This is why I always chuckle when I hear people talking about science and religion "coming together". They never do come together. In a hundred years time there won't be a religious construct to be seen. Like all the other dinosaurs they'll all be dead and gone.

Yours,
Frank

Frank

The following is a question and answer from another thread that I'm reproducing here, as I believe it may be relevant:

-----------------------

"In MajorTom's "What are the focus levels?" thread in the FAQ forum, there does'nt seem to be anything on focus 2oC, why is that? I managed to find an explanation in Frank's "What is Phasing and how can I do it?" however."

Hi:

It is because the 4-focuses pertain to my Phasing Model of consciousness. Whereas Focus 10 pertains to the Monroe linear model.

Which, of course, begs the question of why do we have these models? And why are they different?

First, simply because it's not possible to explain it any other way.

In the physical, if I wanted to explain to you about water, for example, I don't need to present you with a model of its properties. Because anyone can just turn on a tap, or go for a swim in a lake, or stand in the rain, or something. But with inner realms of reality you can't just point to an objective example and say there, take a look at that. So to explain what we mean, we have to develop a model that represents the inner, i.e. subjective, reality.

Monroe was the first person, to my knowledge, to realise that the areas of consciousness we project to are not places, as mystics typically (and wrongly) assume. They are focuses of attention. Monroe, therefore, developed a model of consciousness that took account of this. In his work, he noticed that the various focuses of attention had certain individual properties, which were objectively viewable and repeatable. So he labelled these states with an arbitrary series of numbers, in an effort to help other people understand the wider reality.

The Monroe model is really good in many ways, but it still falls short of taking account of the true extent of the wider reality.

For example, the Monroe model is excessively individualistic. This makes it ideal for beginners, but each of us is a focus-personality participating in a simultaneous cycle of manifestation. As opposed to the reincarnational cycle that Monroe appears to support, along with mainstream religious and New Age models. Not that I actually know much about mainstream religion or New Age, but from what I gather they generally support the somewhat incorrect reincarnational model, as opposed to the correct simultaneous model.

So the challenge, then, for anyone like myself, trying to map the inner reality in a more straighforward scientific sense (as opposed to the somewhat convoluted religious and mystical constructs) is how to translate the typology of all-that-is in a true sense, into some kind of model that people can relate to.

The Monroe model is very good. For a first attempt by a lone explorer it was something special, and it is still very applicable today. But it was my frustration with the Monroe model in my attempts to "go beyond" Focus 27 that led me to develop a completely new model that I call the Phasing Model.

The Phasing Model does away with the arbitrary numbers of the Monroe model and labels just the 4 primary focuses of mental attention, within our system as a whole. It can be loosely related to the Monroe model as follows:

Monroe C1 – Phasing Model Focus 1
Monroe Focus's 3;10;12;15 & 21 – Phasing Model Focus 2
Monroe Focus's 23; 24; 25; 26 & 27 – Phasing Model Focus 3
No direct translation with Monroe – Phasing Model Focus 4

Like I say, it was my frustration in trying to go "beyond" F27 of the Monroe model that led me to discover Focus 4 of consciousness. Nothing about this area of consciousness, as far as I can tell, directly relates to anything Monroe published in Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey. So on that basis I am assuming it was not part of his knowledge. Which should not be taken as a criticism, as there was just so darned much of the wider reality that was a part of his knowledge. And I, for one, would never have got as far as I did without having Monroe's work as a launch pad.

From knowledge gained from my being able to "plug into" Focus 4, I've managed to find out facts such as how the 4-Focus model can be related to early religious models. Amazingly, it would appear that all the major religious schools of thought based their thinking on a 4-Focus model of some description. Or what I mean is they held the notion of 4 primary areas in consciousness.

For example, Focus's 1 to 4 can be directly related to the early Christian model of Body; Psyche; Soul; Spirit, respectively. Though I'm not saying that everything they said from then on was necessarily correct, lol. Just that their primary thinking was based on the right lines, at least at some stage in the beginnings of their quest. But it all just developed into the ideological mess we see today.

The idea you always have to hold in mind when adopting any kind of model, is that the words and the models are NOT the actual territory! My Phasing Model, is merely my best attempt yet at presenting a map of the wider reality, or what some people call "all that is". In your explorations, you must hold the idea of the map or model in mind, while simultaneously seeking to "remember" what that model signifies.

Never forget, the map is NOT the territory.

I'm making a particular point of this because I see people fall into this trap all the time with the more mystical models. Which is all very well, I suppose, but I don't want people making that mistake with my own model, as it would defeat the whole purpose of my developing it.

Yours,
Frank

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Monroe C1 = Frank's Phasing Model Focus 1 (The physical world)

Monroe Focus's 3;10;12;15 & 21 = Frank's Phasing Model Focus 2 (the person's imagination)

Focus 3: State of increased mental coherency and balance
Focus 10: Mind Awake/Body Asleep
Focus 12: A state of expanded awareness
Focus 15: State of no time
Focus 21: The edge of time/space/3D blackness

Monroe Focus's 23; 24; 25; 26 & 27 = Frank's Phasing Model Focus 3 (consciousness/transition area)

Focus 22: Within Focus 22 we often find those perhaps still physically alive who are in an unconscious state.

Focus 23: In Focus 23, the human inhabitants tend to be those no longer physically alive who have become "stuck" alone for one reason or another.

Focus 24,25,26: Inhabitants of The Belief System Territories. All inhabitants of a specific Territory are in contact with all others sharing their beliefs.

Focus 27: Focus 27 is the Afterlife area of greatest free will choice for its inhabitants. It's an area created by humans and often resembles physical earth environments. Contact and communication is open between all inhabitants.

No direct translation with Monroe – Frank's Phasing Model Focus 4 (energy consciousness)

Outside the realm of human consciousness. The people who reside within Focus 4 have no form at all. They exist as energy essences, or what we might call a point of consciousness. Telepathic communication. The ultimate creative source of all that exists within our entire system

Nameless

Okay, now I'm too dizzy to know which direction I'm going...
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

The question of direction is maybe an individual one- Are you an innie or an outie? Sorry, I was navel-gazing... :-D

Innards versus outards...? Lol

Between the Monroe model and the Kepple model, I would be interested in your interpretation. You certainly have enough experiences/reference points. My own interpretation currently includes aspects of both, an amalgamation of sorts. Kepple may be a more refined, more pure description...two respectable methods for describing nearly indescribable concepts/experiences.

Great subject to pull forward, btw!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Nameless

Find any Dust up in there?  :wink: Do outies collect dust? Is this where dust bunnies truly reside? (...processing)

I honestly don't think I can interpret Monroe or Kepple. They are either speaking way above my head or they aren't reaching enough. Not sure which. Maybe it is hard to teach an old dog a new trick. I really don't like specifics like that as they tuck everything into a box. It hampers me dreadfully as some experiences 'could' be spread across many of those levels so which label should I print?

I can't see this as levels at all. Levels suggest you need to move up or fall down. Everywhere out there is more like areas. Like maybe a gigantic theme park if you like. Want to get scared; head off in that direction. Want divine intervention; right over there. Need a break; picnic tables this way. Want to know what you don't know? Close your eyes and wonder around blind awhile. If you run into something edible then eat it. Water then bathe in it. Even saying areas isn't right as everything overlays everything else. Kind of like the old microfilm. You lay down an image then add another and another till the picture finally comes clear. Only we can't see all the overlays yet. But now if someone could get into THAT box  :roll:

I do however give them a huge KUDO for trying to put the mystery into words so we can at least have a jumping off point to understanding each other. Too bad I didn't read all their stuff back when. Back when I would actually have tried to memorize it. But maybe that is how it was supposed to be so I could draw my own conclusions. I am grateful to them for much of the explanations rolling around my brain. I just don't quote them because I simply can't remember who said what. My failing not theirs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just trust the experience. Observe.  = faith.

It is a great subject, one I hope you as well will add to. I know you are in the process of zeroing in on your own interpretations.

ETA: After typing all that I went back and read every word of Franks original post. Awesome job Frank. As to that part of this discussion I don't think at this point there can be a better example of how to phase and what it is.

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Nameless

This thread is now unlocked for anyone who wants to join in. My bad, I didn't notice it was locked before Lumaza pointed it out.