News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Fasting

Previous topic - Next topic

LightBeam

hi all,

I wanted to share this youtube video explaining scientifically the benefits of water fasting and the potential cure of many mental and physical diseases including cancer. there are studies and measurements done by scientists to ensure that the physical parameters also change, and this is not just a placebo effect.

I started doing 48 hour fasts weekly and I have never felt better. In addition, my thinking, mood and mind sharpness have increased tremendously, and by extension my dream recall and more frequent APs as well. I typically have last dinner around 4 PM on Mondays, then I only drink water on Tuesdays and have one meal at 4 PM on Wednesdays (= 48 hours without eating) usually only vegetables because heavy food can't be eaten after breaking the fast. Thursdays and Fridays I have something with fish and veggies. Saturdays are fun days with outings and food indulgence. Sundays and Mondays are meat days (nice juicy steaks yum, but without overdoing it :). Fasting is hard because the hunger attacks your brain more than your stomach, and the addiction makes you justify why you should eat. But I find that watching videos of the benefits of fasting really give you motivation to go though without much emotional suffering :). It's so worth and the pay off is priceless in terms of feeling of general well-being physically and mentally. When you feel this way, your joy and happiness increases as well. You are able to think more positive and thus creating and attracting like events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgLJ_dfKy1E

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

This is interesting because yesterday (when you posted this), my father in-law told us that he was starting back up with the intermittent fasting routine he used to do. Intermittent fasting is really great. I've done this myself with good results in the past. Thanks for the reminder. I may do this starting today.

While on the subject of dietary health:
I also found in my personal experience that certain diets are great for specific people. I think everybody's body is slightly different so it is up to each individual to experiment and see what feels good for them. I've personally experimented with "extreme" diets including vegetarian (grew up on this), raw vegan (fruitarian), and carnivore.

Surprisingly for me, I felt the absolute best on the carnivore diet (I felt like a kid again, joint pain disappeared, and many many other benefits). This went completely contrary to and radically against what I had expected would happen and what I was brought up to believe. But I truly believe that everyone is different and I know that each body changes through it's life, so it's important to listen to your body and experiment to see what works best for your body, that's the only way you'll know for sure.

At the same time, I don't believe there is a one ultra best diet for every person. I've heard of people who do really well on a raw vegan diet (not me), and I've also heard of a couple people having negative results with the carnivore diet. So it really depends on the person. But having an open mind and experimentation in life is key. Putting on that explorer's cap in physical life as well as in the NPR's and trying new and radical things to see what happens.

I always go into these new experiences knowing I chose to go through with it and take full responsibility for the actions in my life. If it hurts me, that's on me, if it benefits me, that's on me too. That's including what the mainstream force feeds into our skulls. At the end of the day, I take responsibility over any actions I take in my own life. We live in a matrix, so I believe it's important to explore the reality we are in to find truth's for ourselves as individuals rather than rely on what people tell us. I've learned talk is cheap, but direct experience is priceless.
Be the change you want to see in the world.

LightBeam

Yes, I agree that not every type of eating works for everyone. As long as one doesn't eat junk, sugar, too much alcohol, etc. I had a co-worker a while back. She started following her boyfriend's vegan diet because he wouldn't kiss her if she ate meat LOL, but a year after she started eating like him, she lost all of her hair on her entire body, was very heavy and very unhealthy. I asked what food did they eat and she said mostly pasta, bread, soda and vegan desserts. Hardly any veggies or fruits. Well, they were following a vegan diet, but loading on all the low nutritious carbs and loads of sugar, no real nutrients. So this is an example that in any diet, if one doesn't select the most nutrient dense foods, there health will be compromised. She resumed eating meat and improved on eating more veggies. Within three months, her hair started growing again.

Intermittent fasting is the best. I eat most days 6 or 7 hours window, and stopping at least 4 hours before bed time. But I found that longer water fasts like the 48 hours one produces immediate health effects that I can feel ride away. The human growth hormone increases up to 1000% after 48 hour fast (confirmed by scientists), and this is the hormone that actually reverses aging and helps with cell repair, that's why I incorporated these longer fasts in addition to the intermittent fasting.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

Interesting! I didn't know about those benefits from the 48hr fast. 1000% human growth hormone is an impressive stat. Thanks for the info!

I think the reason why many different diets work for most people in the beginning is because most real diets (if you follow them properly) usually agree with eliminating sugar and junk and moving towards real, whole foods. Anything in a package most likely has all sorts of crap in it.

But I'm not perfect either, I'm following a "closer to normal" Brazilian diet right now. I rarely drink pop or snack on junk food and I've cut back huge on drinking (once every 2 or 3 weeks or so). But at least having awareness of this information and balancing yourself. I like having moderation so if I start feeling like I'm slipping, I have strict periods where I dive into a specific regimen that I know will work for my body.

Is there a regime that works best for AP experiences? I've heard that not eating too late is important and I've heard some people claim that light meals mainly of veggies later in the day can support LDs or APs. I've heard that eating heavy meals just before bed can cause nightmares, but I honestly can't remember the last nightmare I've had personally so I'm not sure how valid that theory is.

LightBeam

Quote from: PerspectiveShift on June 24, 2022, 17:43:14

Is there a regime that works best for AP experiences? I've heard that not eating too late is important and I've heard some people claim that light meals mainly of veggies later in the day can support LDs or APs. I've heard that eating heavy meals just before bed can cause nightmares, but I honestly can't remember the last nightmare I've had personally so I'm not sure how valid that theory is.

I can only speak for myself, as everyone is different and responds to triggers like food, rest, drugs, alcohol differently. I have noticed that when my brain works at an optimal level, meaning eating less carbs and calories and stopping eating 4 hours before sleep, works best for me to increase the level of translation my b rain can produce upon waking up (dream recall, becoming lucid during dreams, being awaken in the middle of the night in sleep paralysis and vibration state). When I stop this healthy run (usually during winter holidays), I become sluggish, more fatigued, less brain sharpness, and that really reflects on my ability to remain aware during sleep.

I want you to try something. Upon falling asleep, imagine that your bed is a swing and sway from side to side mentally. feel the motion and let yourself fall asleep with these inner motions. if you nap during the day, this technique will produce even greater results, because during day naps we sleep lightly and our brain is more likely to remain aware while our body is asleep, but with that inner motion, upon falling asleep, your inner body is awake due to the activity and most likely you will feel the spinning sensation that can lead to AP when you start feeling that spinning sensation and you are aware that in fact your body and part of your brain are asleep, just think that you are standing next to the door. That will teleport you out. The same technique is extremely effective if you wake up briefly during the night and start falling back asleep. if you can manage to not pass out immediately but to start swaying from side to side mentally even just for one minute, the chance of AP is very high.
Captain Jack Sparrow

PerspectiveShift

Yes! I just replied to your other post just now! I'm definitely going to do this with consistency every night. Thank you for the advice LB! I think it will help to bring in the feeling of motion. I've been doing the counting method with the breath, but I end up passing out and not counting very high at all. I've done this type of counting method before too. Might not be my thing.

I have done a method of imagining myself trying to handstand before (this was in a hypnogogic state without really realizing I was doing this) and every time I tried it the reality around me got more real until I popped into the scenery. Really trippy. So yeah, Ill definitely start doing this. Thanks!