News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Help with schizophrenia symptoms

Previous topic - Next topic

elliotnz

Hi

My medications keep me stable however in between medications in the day I can get quite paranoid and anxious. Is there something I can do to treat the symptoms?  

They also makes me very sleepy and the doctor has talked about tapering them down. We tried to taper it down but the anxiety/paranoia reared it's head again.  To be able to taper down would be awesome

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: elliotnz on April 19, 2014, 22:58:52
Hi

My medications keep me stable however in between medications in the day I can get quite paranoid and anxious. Is there something I can do to treat the symptoms?  

They also makes me very sleepy and the doctor has talked about tapering them down. We tried to taper it down but the anxiety/paranoia reared it's head again.  To be able to taper down would be awesome

Aww, I'm sorry you have to deal with such things. I'm in a similar situation. I don't have a very good solution for you, but I find that the more I meditate, the easier things get. Schizophrenia is kind of a personalized thing though... it's one of those things that affect everyone differently, and different things work for different people.

elliotnz

you too dude!

how long should i meditate for?

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: elliotnz on April 19, 2014, 23:27:51
you too dude!

how long should i meditate for?

Hmm... if you're a beginner, taking 5 minutes everyday just to try and clear your mind is a good first step.

Xanth

Quote from: AAAAAAAA on April 20, 2014, 00:10:19
Hmm... if you're a beginner, taking 5 minutes everyday just to try and clear your mind is a good first step.
Not saying you're wrong... But there are an infinite ways to meditate, with clearing your mind being only one of them.

Although, I'd also dare say it's one of the absolute hardest for beginners to do.

LoLmart

research the relationship between schizophrenia and vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I think vit A or B (at least one of the Bs) was associated with schizo development.

AJDIN

Stop taking physical drugs for mental problems for one, unless your succumbing to the fact that your physical make up determines your personality.

Astralzombie

Quote from: AJDIN on April 27, 2014, 03:34:05
Stop taking physical drugs for mental problems for one, unless your succumbing to the fact that your physical make up determines your personality.

You obviously have no idea what schizophrenia is because if you did, you wouldn't be giving such reckless and dumb advice.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Astralzombie on April 27, 2014, 04:24:44
You obviously have no idea what schizophrenia is because if you did, you wouldn't be giving such reckless and dumb advice.

I second this. Mental illness isn't something to be reckless with :(

AJDIN

Instead of shutting me down, provide an argument to why that is so dumb

My argument is as follows;

Physical medication doesn't help mental problems

Your up

Xanth

Sorry, can't allow this one to continue.

Sorry elliotnz, we're not medical professionals and can't provide you with the kind of advice you're looking for.