News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

I am in the hospital

Previous topic - Next topic

Archnea

I had a horrible thing happen to me. I was fine all day yesterday until 7:30 pm. I suddenly doubled over in pain and my son (who had been napping because he isn't feeling well) slept walked into my room saying, "Look mom over that bridge there is a monster attacking you! We have to get out of hear!" I told him, "Honey you are sleeping wake up." He woke up disoriented and saw that I was doubled over in pain. He persisted on saying a monster crossed a bridge from another world and was attacking me.
I had to call 911 the pain got so bad even after I took two Tylenol 3. my son refused to go with me even though he wasn't feeling well either. He decided to stay at my neighbors.
When I got to the hospital they had to do an emergency surgery on my hernia. The intestine had somehow twisted and gotten stuck in the hernias hole. My mom has my son and gave me my laptop computer. I have a dial up connection from the hospital. I'll be here until I can swallow solid food. So at least I can post from my hospital room. I am doing much better. At least the hernia is fixed now.

I can't help but wonder if I was under attack like my son thinks. He still persists that he saw a monster cross a bridge from another world and attack me.

J.K.

Hey Archnea..  

Just a note to wish you well.  I ran across your post while checking out what's new, and will be remembering you in my prayers.

Good deal too that you have a puter in the hospital..  :)

Archnea

Thanks, :D

I am home now and healing well. It looks like I will need one more surgery and then I'll be fine.

Palehorse

Surgery's no fun.   :(   Thoughts and prayers toward your smooth and speedy recovery.
Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."
    --Gospel of Thomas, saying 10

J.K.

I am home now and healing well.

Good to hear it!  And hang in there!   :)

Tyciol

Consider it if the surgery doesn't work. Do you think the monster twisted your hernia?

Archnea

Quote from: TyciolConsider it if the surgery doesn't work. Do you think the monster twisted your hernia?

My son had influenza when he thought he saw the monster. He may have been just being intuitive in a symbolic way seeing the ailment that I was suffering from as a monster. He has not seen any monsters since. Luckily I did not catch the flu from him but my poor mom did because she took care of him while I was in the hospital.

The hernia in my belly is fixed but because of my intestine and colon having been caught in it, the wound became infected. For a week my doctor has kept me homebound with nurses checking, cleaning and changing the dressing on my incision day and night. Plus he has me on two antibiotics. So I wasn't healing as well as I thought. I am beginning to get cabin fever and spend much of my time reading. It has been hard for me to concentrate on writing even.

One positive thing is I lost another 6 pounds this past two weeks.

Quantitativefool

I'll pray for you and be sending healing, I hope everything goes well and keep us posted.

Archnea

Thank you to those who sent healing energy and prayers my way.

The infection in the incision is taking a bit of time to heal even though nurses were tending it daily. Now I am down to having the nurse in my home once a week and going to see the doctor once a week but I am still homebound and have cabin fever.

There are positive things happening with my health as well. I lost 20 pounds this month. A year ago I was a little over 400 pounds in February. Now I am 295 pounds. I no longer have to take blood pressure medication and I am no longer borderline diabetic.

The injury in my spine has almost totally healed with physical therapy. I am not on any medications on the first time in a few years.