News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

My dog is ill

Previous topic - Next topic

WindSong

The vets we've talked with seem to care more about money than helping. No vet we've contacted takes payments. Only 100% down. After going to numerous vets that say he only needs antibiotics that aren't working, he appears to have cancer. Something that the vets haven't looked into. He is so sick, (growth on his nose, white hair all over his face that wasn't there before[he is only four], toe nails falling out) that we are having to put him down tomorrow. I'm asking for healing energy to be sent his way during transition to the afterlife, and to his sister Cali, as she copes with the loss.

soarin12

I'm so sorry for your loss.  He will be very happy to be free of his body, though.  I will send healing energy to him, Cali, and your family!

TheGuardian

:( I know what you're going through. My dog died of cancer suddenly just this past January and he meant the world to me as I knew him for most of my life. I will try to send you healing energy and positive thoughts.

Sixx

Sorry to hear, I know the feelings of losing a dog, my german Shepard   got the common  hip problems, that big dogs get
and I had to take that horrible drive to the vets.
13 years I had him pretty much with me 24 /7, I had one bad day in 13 years lots of great memories.
I see him occasionally in my dreams,
Hes only  a thought away. :-)

WindSong

I felt bad letting him go, but it was best. I almost asked him to wake up. Cali is still waiting for him. Thank you soarin12, TheGuardian, and Sixx for your thoughts, and anyone who sent thoughts and healing but didn't post. I want to see him and how his transition was, but not sure how.

Astralzombie

Quote from: WindSong on October 03, 2013, 05:04:06
I felt bad letting him go, but it was best. I almost asked him to wake up. Cali is still waiting for him. Thank you soarin12, TheGuardian, and Sixx for your thoughts, and anyone who sent thoughts and healing but didn't post. I want to see him and how his transition was, but not sure how.

You probably won't even have to try and see him. He will most likely appear to you in a dream and it shouldn't take long.

I'm sure you already know by now that you made the right decision. Some people will never understand how some of us can have such a strong bond with our pets but then again, we don't view them as pets. They are family. :-)
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Sixx

yup ,they sure are family

QuoteI want to see him and how his transition was, but not sure how.

I wondered the same thing ,where is he? is he ok things like that,
After awhile , before I went to sleep I would think about him ,and I tried not to be sad about my feelings.
One of the first dreams  I had , I heard my dog trotting down  the hallway , his claws clicking on the wooden floor,
As I anticipated him turning into my bedroom I looked to see him, but as I looked , I found myself sitting up in bed .
I've even had a couple of lucid ones which were pretty cool

So maybe try thinking about him rite before sleep
and see what happens,
Hope this helps.

soarin12

Quote from: Sixx on October 03, 2013, 18:46:28
yup ,they sure are family

I wondered the same thing ,where is he? is he ok things like that,
After awhile , before I went to sleep I would think about him ,and I tried not to be sad about my feelings.
One of the first dreams  I had , I heard my dog trotting down  the hallway , his claws clicking on the wooden floor,
As I anticipated him turning into my bedroom I looked to see him, but as I looked , I found myself sitting up in bed .
I've even had a couple of lucid ones which were pretty cool

So maybe try thinking about him rite before sleep
and see what happens,
Hope this helps.

That's good advice!  I saw my cat that passed away.  3 times in APs and 1 time in a dream.  I interacted with her, pet her, and she was so affectionate and glad to see me!  Her fur was always very soft, and when I pet her in the NPR her fur was the softest thing I've ever felt in my life.  I'll never forget that!

Sixx

QuoteHer fur was always very soft, and when I pet her in the NPR her fur was the softest thing I've ever felt in my life.  I'll never forget that!

Yea its comforting to know ay.
I knelt down and gave wolf a hug round his maine,
still smelt bad too... lolz

WindSong

Thank you guys. Coping is easiER, but not easy. I'm still waiting on a visit, so I can have a bit of closure. I'd let Cali sleep in my room, but my rats are in there. Chicho had an auto-immune disease, which was attacking his body. Turns out some of his siblings had it too. I'll probably be done venting in a few days.

WindSong

Well, what a downward spiral that was. My drinking went haywire. Get up, take two steps, fall, get up, couple more steps til I reached my bottle, vomit, drink, more vomit and drinking, black-outs. It was bad. I lost count of sobriety after 55 days. I'm on about 4 months now. Time has flown by. Somehow, all of this has made me a better person, and I have learned a lot about life.

Lionheart

Quote from: WindSong on June 01, 2014, 11:23:33
Well, what a downward spiral that was. My drinking went haywire. Get up, take two steps, fall, get up, couple more steps til I reached my bottle, vomit, drink, more vomit and drinking, black-outs. It was bad. I lost count of sobriety after 55 days. I'm on about 4 months now. Time has flown by. Somehow, all of this has made me a better person, and I have learned a lot about life.
Sometimes hitting "rock bottom" can be a "blessing in disguise"!  :wink:

Only you can change you!  :-)

Micael

Quote from: WindSong on June 01, 2014, 11:23:33

I feel your pain... my dog was quite sick too not long ago, for a few days I thought she was done for good and the anticipation was killing me slowly because she is almost like my 4 legged little sister. Fortunately we took her to the vet and the problem got solved with surgery, she had a stone that totally filled her bladder and then some. I got a big thing coming when it's actually time for her to go... my compassion to you. I'm glad you're learning and becoming a better person through all of this.  :-)

Best luck.
Certain things you just gotta know to experience. Certain things you just gotta experience to know.