News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Some prayers are needed

Previous topic - Next topic

Astralzombie

I just read a post from embrace in which she (forgive me If I'm wrong) wrote about her daily affirmations. It inspired me to write this.

Right now, I have a friend who is dying from melanoma cancer. He is 36 and has lived an exemplary life. I can remember a conversation I had with him about ten years ago in which he was telling me that he spoke similar affirmations daily.

He was symptom free until about two months ago when he felt some excruciating back pain. He went to the DR and received this horrible news. The cancer had spread throughout his entire body except for the brain. I know many people have benefited from this philosophy so I have to wonder if he stopped saying the affirmations or if he stopped believing they would work.

I was not open to the idea when he mentioned it to me ten years ago and I would like to ask him. But he is understandably having a hard time dealing with all this and I do not want to upset him further. The only reason I want to ask him is because I want to encourage him to continue with it and not give up. But as cynical as I was back then, he may misinterpret it as me saying, "see, I told you that was a bunch of nonsense."  I believe he has given up since he gets upset when anybody speaks about a cure or his future.  

This is an example of how our previous actions have a way of coming back to us and making the present day harder. Even though I have a new mindset, I can't out think my past karma.  

Anyways, his name is Jimmy and he has a wife and two beautiful young daughters. They could use any and every prayer or thought directed their way. A most sincere thank you for those who can.    

One more thing, try and visualize him driving a 57' Cadillac that is pastel blue with a white center stripe on both sides. We restored it with his dad when we were kids and he still loves that car. It couldn't hurt.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Steel Hawk

It's a long shot but if standard doctors offer him no hope he could try Gerson's Therapy which basically uses food as medicine. I can't lock on to people with just a name that I've never met, would need at least a picture but best wishes to you and your friend.

Astralzombie

I understand, but have faith that God knows. To me, this is different than when psychic healer needs something personal to pick up on stuff and thus make a difference. If God's not your thing, a quick "I hope everything turns out for the best" is certainly better than nothing. Your best wishes make a difference in my book, so thank you.

His mom has already mentioned the diet to him and he wasn't receptive to the idea. As a mother she will never give up hope and want's him to try anything and everything so she unfortunately suffers the brunt of his anger. I can't blame her but I can see his point as well. Maybe if the rest of us could accept his decision, as it is his decision to make, he could cheer up a bit and enjoy some of the time he has left with his wife and kids. In a way, it might make him feel guilty for accepting his fate and nobody needs that.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Mini stapler

Sorry about your friend, I'll keep Jimmy in mind, & sent out the good thoughts! I hope the best for all of you. :-)

LightBeam

If he wishes, he can try some natural remedies for fighting cancer. For example, I have read about a very effective baking soda and maple syrup cooked together, form something like a Trojan horse for the cancer cells. Because their primary food source is glucose, the maple syrup enters the cells, but along with it there is the baking soda bound in its chemical composition through the cooking process, which has been researched that kills tumors. If he takes one teaspoon of this substance three times per day, it may give results. You never know.
Also, regarding diet, following the logic that tumors feed off glucose, that means if you cut their food source they will die. There is a diet called the Candida diet that gets rid of all kinds of fungus and abnormal cells in your body. He can read more about it and make a decision if he wants to try. I personally do the Candida diet once a year for prophylaxis and I must say that after the 6 weeks of cleansing and detox I feel like a new person. I know it works.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

newmethod

Also sorry to hear about your friend.
There's many things i could recommend (being a Naturopath) but it seems your friend is unwilling to help himself at the moment and until he decides to help himself no one else can help him. Their efforts are not in vain though perhaps they are coming from slightly the wrong angle. It seems his Mum is doing all she can to help him alternative wise and he is rejecting all of it. He needs to get past his anger. There are instances where cancer has been beaten by thought alone.

He needs to change his mindset. Perhaps he is still in fear and shock?
Does he want to live? Having a family esp with young children for some people is all the inspiration they need to battle cancer. For others they need to find their own reason. Perhaps you and his family can gently help him to discover his own reason. Encourage any belief he may have in mind over matter. Perhaps once this is achieved he may be more receptive to using physical therapies to battle the cancer.

As a naturopath i can advise things but it's very difficult at distance and people with cancer (esp. that has spread throughout his whole body) would need ongoing support and treatment.

You know him, maybe you understand him. You can search for answers to cures that you would think he would be receptive to. Being into affirmations etc suggests he may believe in mind over matter.

The anger? Perhaps you can help him source the energy of the anger and use it in a way that would help battle the cancer. Evn if it was the "bonk you i'm not going to die" might just keep him alive long enough to get his mind positive and get him at least searching for a cure. Either a brand new untrialled allopathic medicine where he may be able to get into a trial (if that's what he wants to believe in) or some kick arse herbs and a change of mind and diet.

It seems even should he survive it will be a long time before he is truly "out of the woods" so a change of mind, diet and whatever treatment he/his family settles on would need to be ongoing for some time.

ultimately it is his life and his decisions and his choice to make whether he wants to give life another go. But he needs to come to that understanding himself. Creating an environment of love and compassion will help him choose.

My prayers go out to him and his family.
Love,
Dean

newmethod

@its_all_bad
I found this for your friend if he's interested:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-04/rumc-ctt040610.php

it's a few years old now but looked promising
"Overall survival was 58 percent at one year, and 52 percent at two years."

I dug around a little on the web but it seems trials for this may be finished and it's not yet being marketed as an "anti-cancer" drug.
It seems the results are quite promising.

But see what you or your friend can find. With enough digging, ringing the University, the National Cancer Institute etc you/your friend may find a way.

Alternatively other clinical trials look to be found here if you are in the USA:
http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/results?protocolsearchid=6533735&vers=2

just change the search criteria if he's not stage iv though it sounds he could be.

Good Luck.
Dean

Astralzombie

Quote from: newmethod on February 24, 2013, 07:23:55
@its_all_bad
I found this for your friend if he's interested:
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2010-04/rumc-ctt040610.php

it's a few years old now but looked promising
"Overall survival was 58 percent at one year, and 52 percent at two years."

I dug around a little on the web but it seems trials for this may be finished and it's not yet being marketed as an "anti-cancer" drug.
It seems the results are quite promising.

But see what you or your friend can find. With enough digging, ringing the University, the National Cancer Institute etc you/your friend may find a way.

Alternatively other clinical trials look to be found here if you are in the USA:
http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/results?protocolsearchid=6533735&vers=2

just change the search criteria if he's not stage iv though it sounds he could be.

Good Luck.
Dean

Thank you for sacrificing some time on this. You really have nailed his outlook right now as he has been down in the dumps. I will look into this further. thanks again.

He did recently receive a bit of good news but it wasn't much. The point is though that it made him open to the idea of fighting back.
Mark Twain

newmethod

Quote from: its_all_bad on February 24, 2013, 12:52:51
Thank you for sacrificing some time on this. You really have nailed his outlook right now as he has been down in the dumps. I will look into this further. thanks again.
No worries.

Quote from: its_all_bad on February 24, 2013, 12:52:51
He did recently receive a bit of good news but it wasn't much. The point is though that it made him open to the idea of fighting back.
That in itself is good news. No matter how small the original good news was.
Good luck and keep yourself positive also.

Dean

Fwewyu Tìomumä

I'm still fairly new to all this stuff, but I've been visualizing Jimmy getting better and driving that Cadillac. Please do keep us updated on his condition.