Energy manipulation is luciferian?

Previous topic - Next topic

Username:

First, let me say this.  This will be long, so if you do not have the patience, please do not post or ridicule me.  I am not here to offend, bash, or try to start a fight, I am merely here to question, converse, and hopefully learn.

I have heard this from Christians before, that energy manipulation usage is luciferian.  I use the word luciferian to avoid confusion.  If I were to use the word Satan(ic) people might confuse it for the philosphy of Levay, which I do not refer to.  I am referring to Lucifer, The Devil, Fallen Angel, Lord of Darkness, etc. as an actual being, the adversary of God the Almighty, not as a way of life as Levayans use it.  

Christians I've talked to say this, "Something is either from God or from the evil one".  Meaning if you do something (supernatural for instance) it can be through God via the holy spirit, or from Lucifer.  Take spiritual healing for instance.  Some people cure in the name of God, Christ and Holy Spirit.  Some cure through other names, means.  This is frowned upon by Christians because the power comes from somewhere dark.  

Energy manipulation is something I have been interested in but it conflicts with some of my spiritual views.  Jesus, the Bible.  The way I have somewhat dealt with it, or made room for both views till now, was by looking at energy manipulation as a science and not in a superantural, occult, religious way.

Energy exists, it powers light, our machines, and us on a small sub atomic level (forgive me for not knowing terminology, I am not a scientist :redface: ).  Well, if energy exists, we can perhaps harness it.  Use it for some good purpose.  Made sense, till I started reading about Masons, Luciferian beliefs.  I quote from a book about Masons:

"When a mason learns the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his hands and before he may step upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy."

- Manly P. Hall, 33°, The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, p. 48

I now quote from a conspiracy site about Masons, Occult, Luciferian beliefs, etc.

The latter quote, in particular, may be surprising to some but occultists have a clear concept of what Manly P. Hall was conveying. To them, the true definition of occultism is the science of energy flow and energy relationships. Occult meditation is a means of consciously and purposefully directing energy from a recognized source to the creation of some specific effect. This is the task of the initiate in all Occult groups. The initiator shows the candidate his latent faculties, his dormant powers, and initiates him into their use. He explains or demonstrates how the candidate may awaken the static energy into dynamic power.

Freemasonry has always, admittedly, held deep occult secrets which it hides from the "profane" and unworthy. One person who believed this to be true was Alice Ann Bailey. Her praise and admiration - she appeared to be almost in awe of the craft - was evident throughout all her works. A typical flattery can be found on p. 511 of The Externalization of the Hierarchy: "The Masonic Movement . . . is the custodian of the law; it is the home of the Mysteries and the seat of initiation. ...It is a far more occult organization than can be realized, and is intended to be the training school for the coming advanced occultists. In its ceremonials lies hid the wielding of the forces connected with the growth and life of the kingdoms of nature and the unfoldment of the divine aspects of man."

This scared me.  I sought out energy manipulation, metaphysics to help myself because doctors and psychiatrists only gave me drugs, they were little help.  I visited priests, Christian faith healers, and spent time on my knees in tears praying to God, only to have my cries become ignored.

Metaphysics, energy, provided a way for me to possible help myself and gave me some hope.  When I read things like these, about it being evil, it seriously drives a whole through my heart.

I posted this in hopes of being further educated on this subject of energy.

Thank you all for your time  :smile:

kai wren

First allow me to say that there is no absolute source on the occult. Anything you read about it in one place can, and will, be refuted, disputed, reviled, and held high by half a dozen other books/websites.

I myself believe in the power of Chaos Magic, which whilst it sounds incredibly dark and/or for-boding, is not. In fact, it is quite possibly the most logical of the theories I have heard.

Chaos magic is based upon the belief that reality is completely subjective, and that therefore it is based upon collective belief, if a person strongly believes in anything, then to an extent that thing will become more true. Thus in all cults there is a grain of truth- the rituals and the like they perform will work, not because the forces they conjure are true, but instead because they believe that it will work.

Effectively, you have to fake it until you make it.

Now, Energy Manipulation is just another way for this to happen, therefore, if you truly, utterly believe that it will work, it will work, and if you really truly believe that it works because God wills it, then that is great, but it won't have an effect on the outcome.

Overall, if it works, it is because you believe it to, IMOSHO, there is no higher power than that of the human mind.

So...

I'll be sending you some energy tonight, I hope it helps  :wink:

Ryuji

Username:
You must remeber that there are false information out there to scare or misinform the people that exploring any subject newly !

as for the occult which is hidden knowlege, allot of people who dont understand something or something that can be a power used againts them automatically brands it evil according to their beliefs. Another thing is, when you look for evil in something you will find it.

Ive done allot of enegery manipulation, for example channeling chi/ki/prana whatever you like to call it to raise my body temprature as the monks would do to warm up the freezing cold dipped towels in tibet.

Important thing to remember is that when you start with any energy works dont overdo it (little at a time), dont give up and have the will to succeed :)

Kai wren
any links for chaos magic ?

Blessings,
Ryu

kai wren

http://www.spiralnature.com/magick/chaos/

That is the best place I've seen for how I view it so far... I particularly like the opening quotes.

"I tell you: one must have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star. I tell you: you still have chaos in you."

- Nietzsche,

"Chaos can be beautiful and good. Order can be dangerous and evil. As any carpenter will tell you, some tools are dangerous. Dangerous tools are safest when properly sharpened, and used by experts. You get to be an expert by practicing your sharpening skills, not by hacking away..."

- raudlee

A very good website... I think, however, that accepting the tenants of Chaos Magic can make other pursuits harder, I've had limited success with some things, but the trick is trying to REALLY believe things, its quite hard, and I think I've actually been set back in relation to Astral Projection since I discovered Chaos Magic....

but it'll come in time.

Beth

It is unfortunate that the word "magic" has been given such a negative stigma. It is just a descriptive word afterall...

Fortunately, however, the use of the word "magic" for what you are talking about kai wren, is not even necessary. The processes behind the intentions -- and the intentions themselves -- is what really matters, no matter what you want to call it.

Username: if you want a really good example of energy manipulation, just tune into any political convention, e.g., the Republican National Convention, or the DNC. There you will find individual beliefs being heightened to a 'frenzy' through thousands of individuals coming together with the same intention in mind. They are, without doubt, using 'energy' to manipulate the world around them.

Energy is energy. Manipulation of energy is easy. Every human does it everyday---all day long.

The challenge is: to manipulate energy with clear intention (which is exactly what "magic" is) and to have only good intentions while doing so.

The "proof" of whether your intentions have been good -- or not -- is found in the world that you create around yourself.

As far as Christianity's position on this, well, I suspect that as long as the energy manipulation creates something that conforms with their doctrine or their dogma, then it would be considered from God, or even God's will.

If, however, the energy manipulation gives rise to something that goes against their beliefs, then it is the work of Satan (Lucifer, whatever.)

~Beth
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

kai wren

Exactly, it is concerned more with the intentions and with thought processes than it is with what most people would consider to be magic... but since it is often referred to as chaos magic, its best to continue that because typing chaos magic into google will get you way more results than in I used another name  :wink:

thesickmoon

Quote from: Username:
forgive me for not knowing terminology, I am not a scientist

Well, now's your time to become one. Get out there and research it for yourself. Don't believe everything you read. Don't let things that have been published scare you. Find out for yourself, and nuts to the rest of it.
"Chair-swiveling is an old and honorable avocation for any accomplished and self-respecting villainous personage."
--Ronald D. Moore, March 12, 2005

CFTraveler

Not all christians, or branches of christianity believe that energy manipulation is luciferian.  Yes, many orthodox branches have that 'all or nothing' mentality, but not all christians even believe that.  Sounds like the christians you know are very closed minded.

Kallas

Yea along with CFTraveler... it really does depend on the particular denomination. However within the more er... literal denominations most things that are considered paranormal are considered evil or against the christain way. Mostly due to a different view or a lack of understanding... but simply because these things are not "of God" as such evil.

However unless you are an extremist christian i wouldn't worry about it. I dont personally believe it is Luciferian but that is due to the fact i do not believe in lucifer in the traditional sense. But each individual is entitled to his or her beliefs so the fact is some people will always consider it evil and others will argue that. The truth will be found in your own choices.