Meditation to Transend to higher planes?

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehollx

Hi everyone!

I am interested in meditation techniques/beliefs/religions that use meditation (not astral projection) to transcend to higher planes. I know there are many stories about people reaching higher planes and things such as the akashic records through meditation.

I'm wondering, what meditation techniques or religions assist in this travel to higher planes?

I'm trying to stay away from organizations/cults that require a large sum of money or donation to learn their techniques (like Eckankar and Transcendental Meditation(R) do).

Anything that can help me out is greatly appreciated. I'm really just looking to be pointed in a direction learn more, so any books/website that I can be directed to are much appreciated!

CFTraveler

I hate to tell you that meditation is one way to achieve an astral projection.  So chances are, that those transcendental states that these meditation-based practices aspire to may be astral projections.
Meditation can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it- the internet is full of places to look at if these forums don't have the info you're looking for.

Stookie

You might want to check out the teachings of Rudolph Steiner. "How to Know Higher Worlds" is a good book to start with. His focus is on techniques that naturally raise consciousness over periods of time to percieve non-physical worlds in a clairvoyant manner. It's pretty complicated, but you'll learn a lot.

I do agree with CFTraveler though - astral projection has less rules and can be a means to the same thing.