News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

God

Previous topic - Next topic

Olispuika

Hi.I used to be a chridtian,but stoped believing abot a year ago sinc i first red about astral projection.So could anyone please tel me if there is a God out there?Cheers

Volgerle

yes, but you are part of it, not like christian and other religions tell us that it is separate and you have to bow to some deity, it is your(higher)self, such is shown by the mystic / unity experience during NDEs or also higher vibrational APs

Stillwater

Do you want there to be a god? What does it change for you, do you think, if there is one, vs if there isn't?

Sincere question  :wink:
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Olispuika

I'm just wondering do we need to pray and go to church avery sunday to get to heven or it's just a waste of time?

Volgerle

Quote from: Olispuika on March 26, 2013, 11:55:55
I'm just wondering do we need to pray and go to church avery sunday to get to heven or it's just a waste of time?
waste of time, if you want to go to a place that is "like heaven", you will be able to do this on your own

desert-rat

There is an interesting post on this forum a few months back , of some one making a visit to God while out of body .  
p.s. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/i_asked_to_see_god-t38258.0.html 

Stillwater

Quote from: Olispuika on March 26, 2013, 11:55:55

Why would you need to do these things to get to heaven?

Suddenly if there is a god, you immediately need to pray to him in a church?

Why do you suppose that if there is a god, that he must want that stuff?

Maybe you haven't asked yourself the right questions yet!

LightBeam

Quote from: desert-rat on March 26, 2013, 13:00:29
There is an interesting post on this forum a few months back , of some one making a visit to God while out of body .  
p.s. http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/i_asked_to_see_god-t38258.0.html 

Thanks desert-rat, I was going to re post it again.
Anyway, organized religion is very limiting and it uses fears to control and manipulate the masses.
I do believe in the universal force, but God is not an individual as religion portrays it. It does not judge, it does not make decisions who gets their wishes and who gets punished. It is the energy that runs through each end every one of us. Our current perception creates the illusion that we are separated, and we must experience this separation while residing in the lower realms for own purposes. The realization though that we are parts of that great Source and that our power is unlimited, is what brings enlightenment and growth. People who pray don't realize that if their prayers get answered , it wasn't an entity that listened and waved their wand to grant them their wish. Their own thoughts and their belief manipulated the inner energies, creating a certain outcome. But our existence is much more complicated than simply thinking and receiving. I suggest you learn how to project and experience your own adventures into the heavenly worlds.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

Astralzombie

Hello Olispuika. That's a very interesting name.

Welcome to the Pulse. Hopefully you'll take advantage of all the great posts and stick around to make some of your own.

Is there a God?

I have no doubt that the answer is yes but I haven't a clue on how to define the concept. I'm certain that no religion has it right and most aren't even close. Who or what "God" is doesn't matter in my opinion. All that matters is that we strive to better ourselves so that we can help others. Living this way is surely doing right by "God".

The idea of worshiping anything seems absurd to me now. Doing so, makes you feel guilty when you make mistakes and don't live up to the image of your idol. It leads to all sorts of ridiculousness. People will use their concept to do just about anything and it makes the followers vulnerable to manipulations in the worst way.

I will stop before this turns into a rant but I want to add one last thing. By asking this question, I take it that this is very important to you. Just listen to what we say but please make up your own mind. You are starting a journey that will answer many of the questions you have better than any of us can. It's far more satisfying that way instead of being told. Learning how to separate your consciousness from your physical body is only the beginning and it only gets better.

Good luck with your life's journey. Choose what feels best to you and you'll be fine.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

desert-rat

The Christian belief system with a jellious , controlling God kind of ruins things . 

2fly4thesky

I know this thread was dying out but I thought it would be informative to quote the late, great Robert Monroe who said, "There is indeed a Creator... These to me are Knowns:
This, our Creator:
• is beyond our comprehension as long as we remain human
• is the designer of the ongoing process of which we are a
part
• has a purpose for such action beyond our ability to
understand
• makes adjustments, fine tuning, in this process as needed
• establishes simple laws that apply to everyone and
everything
• does not demand worship, adoration, or recognition
• does not punish for "evil" and "misdeeds"
• does not intercede or interdict in our life activity" (224-225 Ultimate Journey)

I would also like to point out that most major religions (including Christianity and Judaism) describe the Creator as an invisible Spirit that encompasses, interpenetrates, and transcends all reality.

Stillwater

If there is a creator that is:

Quote"beyond our comprehension as long as we remain human "

how are any of the other statements that follow that one known?

Bedeekin

Quote from: Stillwater on April 03, 2013, 19:34:39

haha.. nice spotting there.  :wink:

2fly4thesky

There are a lot of things that I know exist, and even understand a little bit about how they operate, but can I say I fully comprehend them? No.

Regardless, these are knowns to Robert Monroe. Did you read his books? You would see how he came to that conclusion if you read Ultimate Journey. To refresh your memory, he had an experience where he went very deep within himself beyond the memory of his I/There's first incarnation. This was when he was trying to go through the Emitter but wasn't able to. Once this happened he remembered when he was once a part of the Whole, having to leave and enter the 'dream', or what he would go on to call the hologram, of our reality. This verified for him the existence of a Creator. And since he knew the Creator existed beyond the Emitter and since he couldn't get beyond the Emitter as a human being in his current state, he came to the conclusion that there was indeed a Creator whom existed beyond the hologram of our physical and nonphysical reality and that in order to fully experience (comprehend) this Creator you must be in a state where you are no longer a human being. Which in a way kind of agrees with Christianity for Jesus says that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God - 1 Corinthians 15:50

Also, remember when Monroe left the Emitter he was given a Rote and some of that information was probably in the Rote he received.

Dean01

I'm a Christian and, thus, I believe in God. I believe that God lives within us, namely the Holy Spirit; however, I do not believe that we are comparable to being a god just because the Holy Spirit lives within. In my opinion, every person who believes in Jesus and God the Father has the Holy Spirit inter-dwelling inside of them. The degree to which the Holy Spirit dwells in you/the potency of the Holy Spirit within is dependent upon how much you surrender yourself to It. If you surrender yourself half-heartily to the Holy Spirit, then you will only be half full. The more you surrender yourself to the Holy Spirit, the more you allow the Spirit to fill you with light and direct your path. The Holy Spirit already exists within upon your profession of faith in Christ, but the magnitude or potency of its existence is up to you. The more you are filled with the Holy Spirit, the more you will be able to transcend your spirit and be of assistance to others. The Holy Spirit of God will then work in you, directing your path and using His Holy Light to bring healing and joy to others. The Holy Powers of intuition, for instance, will not come from you per se, but from God who has filled you. God will work in you in times of need: He will provide you with wisdom and intuition when the danger of evil is ready to attack; He will allow you to heal others, even those weak in faith, with the light and love that He was filled you with... The Holy Spirit will choose and use you to help others with wisdom and healing -- not the other way around... that is, you cannot choose and use the Holy Spirit, especially for frivolous or trivial matters. The Holy Spirit will choose and use you, instead. The powers that we possess through salvation through Christ -- the powers that we possess through being filled with the Divine, Holy Spirit of God -- are most potent, strong, and accessible when the Holy Spirit is one with us... to be one with the Holy Spirit means to be totally filled with it. Once you have truly worked on manifesting the light within, you can work on helping others by shining that light.

Those are all my personal beliefs, however. I respect the beliefs of others and wish them nothing but love, strength, and happiness on their spiritual journeys.

Blessed be!!  :-)

Wi11iam

Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind

Volgerle

Quote from: Stillwater on April 03, 2013, 19:34:39
If there is a creator that is:

maybe Monreoe meant the BEING in its essence and reality itself, but not what "it" does (or does not) from our limited viewpoint, which is what follows and can be concluded or observed in some way (mystically experienced, channeled, intuitively felt or whatever...)

Wi11iam

There is no 'God out there' - in regard to the Christian god-concept which has evolved it more than likely can be sourced in human imagination rather than anything objectively factual and thus verifiable.

The most obvious answer is that something is out there which might be able to call itself 'god' (or simply be called 'god' by less advanced species) and there is evidence that this has occurred in the art and stories of different cultures which just happen to tell a similar story and the 'gods' are extraterrestrial and are of the Specie most refer to as 'the greys' but of which, not a lot is known but a lot is assumed.

2fly4thesky

I may have misunderstood your reply..

But Christianity doesn't claim that God is "Out There".

Luke 17:21 : "The kingdom of God is within you."

It's the ignorance of those who say they follow christianity that make it seem as if God is "Out There".

Wi11iam

Quote from: 2fly4thesky on April 15, 2013, 11:36:50
I may have misunderstood your reply..

But Christianity doesn't claim that God is "Out There".

Luke 17:21 : "The kingdom of God is within you."

It's the ignorance of those who say they follow christianity that make it seem as if God is "Out There".

No you don't misunderstand me.

There is a lot in the Bible that Christendom interprets for its own convenience.  Christianity does not own the rights to 'God' and its claims need not be understood as 'the truth'.

Christianity evolved from an earlier belief system, and in that, 'God' was out there...'in the heavens' - and this was pretty much the way most early concepts rolled.

2fly4thesky

Quote from: Wi11iam on April 15, 2013, 13:08:57Christianity evolved from an earlier belief system, and in that, 'God' was out there...'in the heavens' - and this was pretty much the way most early concepts rolled.

Christianity is derived from Judaism, which is based on the Kabbalah.

"Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the Levant of the middle east in the mid-1st century."

"According to most segments of Orthodox Judaism, the Kabbalah dates from Adam and is an integral part of the Jewish tradition."

The Kabbalah posits that God is within as well:

"In Kabbalah, Divine Light is the carrier of consciousness:

"The human soul is a part of the Creator [that is, Divine Light]. Therefore, there is no difference between Him and the soul. The difference is that He is the 'whole' and the soul is a 'part'. This resembles a stone carved from a rock. There is no difference between the stone and the rock except that the rock is a 'whole' and the stone is a 'part' (Yhuda Ashlag, Introduction in Ha-Sulam)".

"The Zohar (Hebrew: זֹהַר, lit Splendor or Radiance) is the foundational work in the literature of Jewish mystical thought known as Kabbalah. The Zohar posits that the human soul is the source of one's psychological nature."

"The Kabbalist model of the Cosmos is also pertinent to the study of a human being, and the origins of consciousness and Self. Like the macrocosm, the microcosm or Self originates as a point source of supernal light. Human consciousness has its ultimate origins in the Absolute, and is embodied in varied forms within the different dimensions of being. Between the egoic personal self, and the ultimate divine spark, there are the soul and spiritual dimensions of consciousness and being."

Basically, Kabbalah's Tree of Life not only details the creation and formation of physical and non-physical realities, but also outlines man's psychological
composition. Kabbalah is meant to be used to go within, learn of one's make up, resolve psychological issues and become aware one's Self. It's a map of our inner realities and ultimately suggests that God is within man.

"Kabbalists speak of the first aspect of God as Ein Sof (אין סוף); this is translated as "the infinite", "endless", or "that which has no limits". In this view, nothing can be said about this aspect of God."

"Kabbalah describes 10 Sephirot (The 10 Divine emanations or attributes), that reveal the unknowable Godhead to the creations and channel the creative life-force to all levels of existence. Kabbalah also describes a more primordial light that shines from the Ein Sof (Infinite) itself. This light, the origin of all Creation, and all lower lights, is called the "Ohr Ein Sof" ("The light of the Infinite", or alternatively, itself "The Infinite Light")."

"In Judaism the Torah was given to Moses, by God, on top of Mount Sinai. In the first chapter of the Torah, Genesis, the world is created in the ten utterances of God. Each of these divine surges of energy are what lie behind all reality. For kabbalists the ten utterances are linked to the ten sefirot, which is the divine structure of all being. The kabbalist looks beyond the literal aspects of the text, to find the true meaning. The text not only offers traditions and ways of thinking, but it also reveals the reality of God. One of the first Jewish philosophers, Philo of Alexandria (20BCE-40), said that Abraham knew the essential Torah, before it was given. He did this by looking inside himself to discover the laws of nature."

I could go on and on... so I don't know what you have been researching but there are pretty much no major religious texts of any seriousness that claim that God is "outside", "in space", "in the sky". Understand that when they do say "sky" or "heaven" they are metaphorically speaking to provide a concrete concept to something that is abstract so followers can begin to understand.. but it is not what they literally mean.

The Old Testament of Judaism and Christianity is one of the oldest texts known to man. But we can even take it back as far as Hinduism, which is the basis of Buddhism.

"The Rigveda of Hinduism is proposed to have been composed between 1700–1100 BCE making it possibly the world's oldest religious text still in use."

"In Hinduism, Brahman (ब्रह्मन् brahman) is "the unchanging reality amidst and beyond the world", which "cannot be exactly defined", but is Sat-cit-ānanda (being-consciousness-bliss) and the highest reality.

Radakrishnan, who is representative of the "Modern Hinduism", refers to Brahman as the Absolute or Godhead which is the Divine Ground of all being.

That supreme Brahman is infinite, and this conditioned Brahman is infinite.

Several mahā-vākyas (great sayings) from the Upanisads indicate what the principle of Brahman is:

"ayam ātmā brahma" in Sanskrit is translated to "The Self is Brahman" which is interpreted by Vaishnavism to mean "The soul is of the same eternal, spiritual and transcendental nature as Brahman."

"Hinduism identifies the Atman, the Self, with Brahman."

Again Christianity: "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." - John 14:20. Thus, if you are within Christ, and Christ is within you AND within God, then God is within you.

Even Islam: "We believe In God, and in what Has been revealed to us And what was revealed To Abraham, Ishmael; Isaac, Jacob, and the tribes, And in the Books Given to Moses, Jesus, And the Prophets, From their Sustainer: We make no distinction Between one and another among them, and to God do we submit in Islam." - Quran (3:84)

"He who knoweth his own Self, knoweth God" - Muhammad

"Muslims claim that Allah is the same God as the God of the Hebrew and Christain scriptures, thus affirming that Islam stands in continuity with Judaism and Christianity. Muslims believe that all three religions share the same God and the same scripture..." - Islam for Dummies

Even to Native Americans:

"The Great Spirit, called Wakan Tanka among the Sioux and Gitche Manitou in Algonquian, is a conception of a supreme being prevalent among some Native American and First Nations cultures."

"At the center of the Universe dwells the Great Spirit. And that center is really everywhere. It is within each of us." - Black Elk

I could continue with other philosophies but I think you get the point. Anyways, I'm here to talk about astral projection, not religion or philosophy.

Astralzombie

QuoteI could continue with other philosophies but I think you get the point. Anyways, I'm here to talk about astral projection, not religion or philosophy.

Hi 2fly.

William doesn't mean any of this to be taken personally. I enjoy "butting heads" with his theories myself, so when you read and reply on a thread under the forum heading of religion and philosophy, understand that there is a chance that your beliefs will be challenged. Now when the topic heading is something like, "Hello, I'm Christian and would like to hear from other Christians." Then any reply that challenges Christianity is just trolling and is useless.

This thread was started wanting to know what people thought about God in general.

I personally enjoy these discussions but history proves that this is always dangerous.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Volgerle

"There is no God without each of you. For were each of you to discreate then God Himself would discreate."
- Phil

( http://books.google.de/books?id=VASD0L3kpJEC&printsec=frontcover&hl=de&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=God%20Himself%20would%20discreate&f=false )

zareste

The word 'God' didn't exist in the ancient languages the Bible is translated from. It's important to know that. The books of the bible talked about various entities with various names, but a lot of these entities' names were changed to 'God' in translation. The change was entirely arbitrary.

Wi11iam

Quote from: 2fly4thesky on April 19, 2013, 03:50:48

I could continue with other philosophies but I think you get the point. Anyways, I'm here to talk about astral projection, not religion or philosophy.

Really?

:-o

In answer to your post, I would say that 'God is within you' is not the whole picture because what is 'you' and then what is within this identity called 'you'?

The answer to that  is that you (and every one) are God - and that the 'within you' is an expression designed to point at the common identification which is the human body (often designated 'you') and thus something within the body is 'God' which is the real 'you'.

The reason would be to allow you (the body) to begin to disengage with the conceptual self identification with the body and focus upon the hidden you which is God.

Whether literal or symbolic, 'the gods' can be seen as possibly an extraterrestrial specie which seeded their own genes into that of the human pool creating another type which evolved the way that it has.

The overall point is that IF God is you me and everybody, then this will be recognized by that identity through the individual channels...forms... and would naturally led to unity.

Anything which works against that unity therefore would be identifying with something it is not, regardless of the outer garment of belief system they are using 'in the name of' God.

'The Kingdom of God is within' can be seen as that which connects the physical reality with the non physical one - the non physical one so acknowledged should thus be able to assist the physical in expressing what is within into the physical reality - both at the individual level (in your neighborhood, online - in all ones activity of) as a consistent and coherent expression of unity, which would essentially amount to 'The kingdom of God on Earth'...as a gradual process.