god believers, i need help

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileySpirit14

a few years ago i was really in touch with god.. i felt secure and i liked having my communications with him, and i was a medium.. and somehow i drifted off in the world and became depressed and went through the whole angsty stage i guess you could say...

but im trying to find god again, but when i pray i feel like im talking to a wall and when i try to ask a spirit for a talk, i feel like im talking to myself. its like i was open and free and exposed to everything, and now im trapped in a box and have no outter communications..

whats going on here?
live forever or die trying

BadCookie

Quote from: SmileySpirit14 on September 15, 2006, 21:54:05
a few years ago i was really in touch with god.. i felt secure and i liked having my communications with him, and i was a medium.. and somehow i drifted off in the world and became depressed and went through the whole angsty stage i guess you could say...

but im trying to find god again, but when i pray i feel like im talking to a wall and when i try to ask a spirit for a talk, i feel like im talking to myself. its like i was open and free and exposed to everything, and now im trapped in a box and have no outter communications..

whats going on here?
Being in touch with god>? We are all one, your never out of tuch this is what we need to get over if you got time take a look at this open your mind to the posibilitys you can do just about anything if you belive
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6360955016636833908&q=david+icke&hl=en
"They that would give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin

James S

Hi SmileySpirit,

I might be just guessing at this, but I have a feeling that if you are finding that you're coming up against walls when trying to reconnect with God, you probably have too much going on in your mind and are unable to connect with the peace and silence of NOW.

When you try meditating, have a candel in front of you and just sit for a moment with your eyes open looking at the flame. Take note of how many thoughts go through your head about things that you should or should not have done in the past, and thoughts about what you should be doing, or what you're intending to do about some situation coming up.

Every one of these thoughts is taking you away from the NOW, the one place that is real, the one place that is not in the past or hasn't happened yet. The one place of perfect peace. NOW is where you will find the quiet voice of God, where you will find the inner peace and ballance, and where there can be no suffering.

To help get your thoughts still enough to be in the NOW, whenever your mind starts to wander, just ask yourself  "I wonder what my next thought will be?" This tends to stop stray thoughts in their tracks. Then you can sit watching the candle flame, using all your senses to take in the world around you, but with no ongoing mental commentary from your mind. Then you are able to be still and listen for the voice of God.

Blessings,
James.

interception

whats going on here?

Maybe you need to consciously reevaluate your concept of god, since you probably subconsciously are allready doing just that. You indicate that you have gone through significant changes/depression/angst, so now you want to recapture a feeling which you have outgrown...

James's wonderful advice would be an excellent starting point from which to consciously rediscover what god really means to you, and to regain syncronicity with your subconscious mind.

Just a suggestion.

PuRpLe

One way is to maybe study different conceptions of God within other religions or cultures.  If you feel like you are trapped in a box, maybe you should start thinking outside of it.  Think about ideas concerning God that apply to you that may not apply to the common idea of Him, and the spirit just might lead you down a path you hadn't thought of.  I too was once very depressed, doing lots of drugs, getting into chaotic trouble of many sorts.  Tried reading the bible and going to church to find the Lord and He wasn't there... well, not just there anyhow.  In the end it took all the bad happenings and understandings of the dark side of the world to lead me down the necessary path to find God on my own terms.

gangta

maybe you are holding something inside that is not of God....introspection and more prayer is probably the way to go. :wink:

CFTraveler

My minister used to say "When you deeply yearn for something, it's God inspiring you from the inside."  The fact that you have this desire to commune/communicate with God is a sign that God is already communicating with you.  As soon as you realize this it will be easy to follow James' recommendations.

Psionic

whats going on here?

Read about how Buddha became a spiritual master, I believe you will find your answer there.

Kraven Obscuria

Quote from: James S on September 16, 2006, 22:45:51
Every one of these thoughts is taking you away from the NOW, the one place that is real, the one place that is not in the past or hasn't happened yet. The one place of perfect peace. NOW is where you will find the quiet voice of God, where you will find the inner peace and ballance, and where there can be no suffering.

What a beautiful way to put it.  That is the first thing I read this morning, and it made perfect sense. :-)
eCommerce Warriors - Helping online merchants profit through social inbound marketing.

gzaod

Of course, during spiritual search, there will be a time when you feel like you are very alone. In my experience it is the 'Dark night of the Soul'. Its a purifying and strengthening process for the soul. I'm sure if you keep your faith you will reach the other side. Remember Dante had to go through the whole of hell to reach heaven.