Astral Projection In Islam MUST READ

Previous topic - Next topic

bjb1234

I have recently been studying Islam, and have decided i want to actually convert to Islam and lead a more spiritual life.  (I will follow other spiritual practises too, like meditation, chakra meditation etc...  The Quran doesnt teach them, but doesnt forbid them)  I believe holy books to be more guidelines than strict rules.  After all the Quran says religion is not compulsary.  That to me says "You dont have to do this, but this is my advise for you to lead a better life"....

Anyway back to the topic.

I have noticed a few mentions in the Holy Quran of astral projection.

The prophet muhamed (may peace be upon him) one night it is said that he was taken by angels from MECCA to JERUSALEM (floating), and then up to the highest heaven where he met other prophets and spoke to God himself.

Nobody saw his psyical body float, and his wife said he never left his bed.

So my conclusion is, he was taken by his spirit guide or "angels" to a high level of the non psyical worlds, where he met the spirits of other prophets in a so called paradise realm.  This sounds like astral projection to me.

The other mention of astral projection in the Quran (that i know about) is this:

It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death; and those that did not die, during their sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back, but the rest He sends (to their bodies) for a term appointed. Verily in this are Signs for those who reflect.

[Holy Quran 39:42]

So according to the Quran, servants of Allah (God) takes your soul out of your body while you sleep, and when you die.

Many astral projectors also make this claim that we leave our body during deep sleep where our soul can roam freely with no limitations.

This also proves that our bodys can live and work perfectly without a human (creative, God-like soul). 

Which means evolution still makes sense combined with Quranic version of events.

Quran doesnt give an age for the planet earth or the universe.

Its all down to interpretation really.

So what do you guys think of this???  Is astral projection mentioned in any other ancient texts from other cultures?

JB

xblimeyx

But i don't get why would you want to convert to Islam, or any other religion for that matter when you already seem to have enough knowledge to follow your own spiritual path. I mean why limit yourself, or label yourself ?

Stookie

I agree with xblimeyx. If astral projection works for you, why confine it into a religion? You would think that AP would make you want to get away from restrictive religious beliefs instead of trying to find a hole in religion that would allow it.

seen Here

Hi,

I essentially agree with the last two replies; I don't see why you feel the need to label and limit yourself. Still... have you looked at the mystic Sufi stream of Islam?

seen Here

bjb1234

I can take my own spiritual path while calling myself Muslim.  I see Islam more of a guidelines.  Plus its good to be part of Islam, especially in the world we live in today, where communities are messed up.  Muslim communities help eachother, they are friends, they have a bond, any true muslims will treat other humans (especially muslims) like there brothers and sisters.

Plus, the girl i love is muslim, and if i want to marry her, i would have to accept Islam.

Mohamed

bjb,

Your words bring a smile to my face.  Anyone who has lived in an authentic Islamic community knows exactly what you are talking about.  If you have any questions about Islam, or any doubts, feel free to PM me and I will reply with the best of my abilities.

Salaam,
Mohamed
"Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before We clove them asunder, and We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?"
(The Qur'an, 21:30)

ali92m

If you want to know more about astral projection in Islam and the stance Islam has on OBEs etc.  There is a book called Spiritualism and Magnetism written by Prof Dr Mohammed Tahir Ul Qadri.  He is a very spiritual and very moderate scholar and very modern views on Islam.

Colden

Once you learn astral projection you have set foot on a spiritual path. A path that does not need religion. Religion is created by man and each religion was created on the beliefs of each culture. AP was given to every man despite his culture or status and is the same for each and every individual in the universe. This spiritual path is the only path you need to be one with God. Grantite religions can give you guidance as to how to live a better life but I myself would not want to be labeled. The dicision is yours but since you posted it on a forum the I assumed you asked for my opinion.
"the lower, earthly human being and the upper, mystical human being, in which the Godhead is manifested as shape, belong together and are unthinkable without one another."

mavioso

Quote from: bjb1234 on June 22, 2007, 05:17:48
I have recently been studying Islam, and have decided i want to actually convert to Islam and lead a more spiritual life.  (I will follow other spiritual practises too, like meditation, chakra meditation etc...  The Quran doesnt teach them, but doesnt forbid them)  I believe holy books to be more guidelines than strict rules.  After all the Quran says religion is not compulsary.  That to me says "You dont have to do this, but this is my advise for you to lead a better life"....

Anyway back to the topic.

I have noticed a few mentions in the Holy Quran of astral projection.

The prophet muhamed (may peace be upon him) one night it is said that he was taken by angels from MECCA to JERUSALEM (floating), and then up to the highest heaven where he met other prophets and spoke to God himself.

Nobody saw his psyical body float, and his wife said he never left his bed.

So my conclusion is, he was taken by his spirit guide or "angels" to a high level of the non psyical worlds, where he met the spirits of other prophets in a so called paradise realm.  This sounds like astral projection to me.

The other mention of astral projection in the Quran (that i know about) is this:

It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death; and those that did not die, during their sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back, but the rest He sends (to their bodies) for a term appointed. Verily in this are Signs for those who reflect.

[Holy Quran 39:42]

So according to the Quran, servants of Allah (God) takes your soul out of your body while you sleep, and when you die.

Many astral projectors also make this claim that we leave our body during deep sleep where our soul can roam freely with no limitations.

This also proves that our bodys can live and work perfectly without a human (creative, God-like soul). 

Which means evolution still makes sense combined with Quranic version of events.

Quran doesnt give an age for the planet earth or the universe.

Its all down to interpretation really.

So what do you guys think of this???  Is astral projection mentioned in any other ancient texts from other cultures?

JB

Astro-projection as well as many other spirituality related subjects are discussed within the Quran aswell as many other religious scriptures.  Often these subjects are mentioned in metaphors.  I'd like to discuss this with you more.  Do you have an email address? mine is maaavalli@hotmail.com

joel1212

Its interesting you say islam is more of guidelines.  I am in kind of a situation as you are with the girl i love being muslim but her point of view on islam is that its a lifestyle! completely on the other side of the scale from guidelines.  Shes so devoted that she won't date me because she says its not allowed even though she loves me. Are there different kinds of islam?

Fourthdimension

haha asian girls are sexy. i wanna get a kurdish girl or chinese woman its not fair you guys have got one and i have nt haha
oh well instead of ridding my self of physical attachment i ll go get drunk and find a nice girl and make some babys

hows that for a philosophy lol

anyways back to topic i firstly and foremost agree with the second post onwards that you shu ld nt limit your self to religon.
However to avoid crazy looks and to try and find like mind people i would refer to my religion as spiritualism
although i still get the crazy looks when refering to my religon as that lol i also find like mind people to speak to

so if you were converting to islam for to find like mind people to help further you on your religous path go for it.
but otherwise labelling yourself under a donomination is only estricting you to boundaries

I can speak kurdish and so have worked in a kurdish place for 6 years
they also treat me like a bother and its a good amptosphere (am not islamic though) so you see when people get to know people more they often shed streotypes of the race they belong to

I was wanting to talk to my kurdish friends about my religoin and belief in astral projection but have nt been able to use the correct language to refer to it so if somebody could inform me of the word used for astral projection in the qu ran or kurdish that would be great

anyways i also have friends that treat my like brother (i was gonna say sister there then i realised i was male)
so i dont think it can be stated that the amposphere is only in islamic communities

you see i was born catholic but i never converted to spiritualism i was already spiritualist
how you ask? well like you said its a label and labels are just used to define whats in a can
(baked beans are baken beans......guess why? thats right cause they have baked beans in the can")
so you see my belief was always that of a spiritualist i was just labelled as catholic but now i relabeled myself with one of those groovy guns you shoot prices on the tines with

and now i say

MICHAEL BOSHER SPIRITUALUST PRICE £2.99

so if you convert to islam it should nt change your beliefs but you may adpt some so all in all you can carry on your path without much diffrence just relablled and if it means you get to marry your islamic girl friend go for it

conclusion= if (islam = sexy girl friend) convert to islam

but if you can hook me up with her mates lol

Click here
for the astral pulse chat and type in the channel #ubchat
alternatively go to http://webchat.freenode.net

Berserk

An African children's choir performed in our church 2 years ago.  Some of the children had Muslim parents.  One parent was converted from Islam to Christianity through a waking vision of Jesus.  I have his book.  My parents' missionary friend knows a Muslim mullah, Ahmed, who was dying of AIDs.  A young Christian couple visited him uninvited in his hospital room and prayed for him.  Ahmed was too sick to protest, but later said he wanted to kill them for their presumption.   That night, Ahmed had an NDE during which Jesus entered his room and gently touched him on the forehead.  Ahmed was only partially healed by this touch, healed enough to leave the hospital.  Here is the remarkable part: Jesus said nothing to him, but the encounter converted Ahmed to Christianity, even though the Quran also reveres Jesus as a prophet!  Why didn't this slient confrontation merely confirm Ahmed in his Muslim faith?  Clearly, the NDE conveyed some type of inner knowing. 

Ahmed then sought out the Christian couple and they again laid hands on him.  This time he was completely cured of his AIDs.  He became so zealous that he converted 3 mosques into churches.  But all is not well for Ahmed.  (1) Muslim leaders have sued him to win back their 3 mosques.  (2) His Muslim wife is threatening to divorce him, not because of his conversion, but because he is neglecting his marriage in his newfound zeal as a Christian.  My parents' missionary friend has persuaded Ahmed that he needs marriage counseling.  Thousands of Muslims have converted to Christiamity through such visions.  I wonder why them, and not, say, Buddhists or Hindus.     

radman32

There is a common theme though. The two sides are like this: those who rely on the predetermined networks of christianity and islam, and in there they are clouded with confusion (eventually, and more so when in exchange with those outside there network); and those who see everything as possible through determination, wit, and guile, they embrace and share their accordance, and build up the greatest network ever.
The simple fact is that with each degree we separate ourselves from our truest nature, that of which is wholesome and infinite, we degrade. When we break down barriers and allow a greater connection revelations occur, both positive and negative. Until there is an absolute universal clairvoyance, there is a need for revelation. Simply put, don't impede upon one's will or thought, results of which are disconnect and separation. We are completely capable of finding a solution through compromise, compassion, and perception.

WASD

First and only (classic) OBE so far: 12th August 2009
LDs: Once per week :)