Islamic Knowledge versus Western ideas

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth

Another great post kamals!  

I like the way your minds works--and--as an added bonus, you have the talent to say a lot, say it well, and do so in a nice, neat little package!

On this last pithy point:
Quote from: kamalsIt's the eternal return. We stand before eternity seeing the symbols and NOT SEEING THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE. We see the signs but don't see them. Every passing moment is eternal and passing at the same time.

...I would like to add that sometimes I have very lucid moments where my cloths change, my immediate environment changes, even my native language changes, but...alas...the machinations of humanity are always the same. :confused:

~Beth
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Layla

Quote from: BethAbraham,

There is one very simple, but extremely important fact that you are neglecting to consider.  You wrote:
QuoteThis Western idea of progress, of an ideal (but impractical) society with a Destiny to make it real, is perhaps one of greatest misfortunes the West has produced, for since its genesis in the culture of ancient Greece (witness Plato, and Alexander) it has caused immense suffering and destruction.
If it had not been for the work of Plato, Aristotle and the goal of 'Reason' in human thought, and then ... Alexander spreading this knowledge, and Greek culture in general, throughout the Ancient Near and Middle East ... then Judaism would never have been more than a bunch of oral stories told around campfires in the desert, nor would it have ever provided the necessary root system for Christianty or Islam!  

Also, the actual religion of Islam was created and developed in great part in response to the social and political climate of the early medieval period, which was necessary for Islam to have even been conceived.  This social and political climate was, by this time, more reflective of Roman government as it had absorbed Greek and other ideas along the way.

Bottom line, for better or for worse, without Greek culture, and then Roman culture after it, none of the three major western religions would even exist...

Peace,
Beth

Actually, Islam was created. When god send down his Versus/Quran written on Leaves. And made the prophets send his message to people.
And if you want to know more about the religion. I could post more.

Layla

Alot of people don't believe in what Islam has to say. But if you understand the religion you'd be suprised.

Everything that is happening now was written a LONG TIME AGO. And things that scientist's figure out now WITH technology were written A LONG TIME AGO. And there are signs given.

Leyla

Layla,

This is interesting. The Christians I see on TBN say that everything happening right now was written in the Bible LONG TIME AGO. And things that scientist's figure out now WITH technology were written A LONG TIME AGO in the Bible. And that there are signs given.

They say, it proves that everything written in the Bible will come to pass. And by that I mean there will be a HUGE BATTLE, that ends with the the ultimate destruction of Islam, and the Moslom peoples, (also known as "The Heathen Infidels") and that the Jews will be re-established at the chosen people. And the Christians who help the Jews will be rewarded with rulership over the earth.

Now, from what I know, your book says pretty much exactly the opposite.

It seems you are all determined to kill one another.

As a Pagan, we have a song about this:

"Onward Christian Soldiers
Onward Jewish Priests
Onward Fruits of Islam
Fight 'till you're deceased
Fight your little battles
Join the thickest fray
All for the greater glory
Of Goddess Astarte"

And what is this about the Koran floating down on leaves? I though an angel recited it to Mohamed, and he copied it down, which was a miracle because he was illiterate?