The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 03, 2021, 13:20:44

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: no bended knee  (Read 3060 times)
lifebreath
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« on: December 09, 2003, 19:00:10 »

Personally, I think it needs to be a bit of both ...

One needs, after all, to take a little time, in the midst of the journey, for refreshment, nourishment, solace, communion, repentence, reverence and rest. Then, the trek resumes.

In fact, I recall, it was one night many long years ago, when I was on MY knees in prayer, that I discovered within a rather pitiful creature huddled in the dark corner of some deep interior cavern. Withered and cowering - kind of like Gollum in Lord of the Rings. At first, I recoiled in loathing, my initial impulse, the desire to banish this ugliness from my sight.

But, on my knees, the love of God in Christ Jesus, compelled me to reach within that darness and take within my palm that reviled Gollum-self and hold him close to my breast, loving him, healing him, weeping him into life.

Perhaps some of those who reviled you had not yet had the courage or grace to find that love within themselves. Why hold your animosity so tightly, like a prize won at the carnival?

Peace be with you on the way ...
TheSeeker
Astral Energy 3

vxvSCOTTvxv
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 20:34:51 »

What is a fundie xian?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 20:34:51 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 20:39:24 »

Very nicely put Xander!

In my opinion, this is one of the main areas where christian dogma has gone right off on a tangient from the true teachings of Jesus himself.

Regards,
James.

phi
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 11:34:48 »

quote:
Originally posted by TheSeeker

What is a fundie xian?

Fundamentalist Christian

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are. Anais Nin
onefromsomewhereelse
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 22:03:17 »

Right on.  There is a time to pray, and a time to get up and get on with it.  That's what the Lord told Joshua anyway, and it makes common sense also.

If more Christians got involved with things this would be a better place to hang out.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2003, 22:03:17 »

jc84corvette
Astral Energy 5

jc71corvette
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 18:46:23 »

Why do you want to be a fundamentalist?
xander
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2004, 18:57:04 »

quote:
Originally posted by jc84corvette

Why do you want to be a fundamentalist?

Is this to me??

I'm far from a xian fundie, most would probably burn me at the stake.
Had one claim I was a demon once.

Xander
The AlphaOmega
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 01:21:13 »

God answers prayers.  It is necissary to kneel at times and devote the moment to talking with God.  But if you spend all your time praying to God you will not get to apply the things you are praying about into your life.

"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
               - Buddha
xander
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 16:45:47 »

When i was still a fundie xian I was angry, depressed,lonely. I prayed to God, I read the bible unceaseingly. Finally one day after being verbally torn to shreds by fellow xians I wept and that nightI had a dream in which Christ walked up to me and asked me how I thought I could walk the path he had for me if I was busy kneeling all the time. He told me to walk with him in the places he used to walk, not just the gardens but the desered places as well.

Any idiot can fall on their knees,it takes a REAL seeker of God to walk beside him in his footsteps,it takes a REAL seeker to courageously face the creatures that dwell at the edge of the abyss.

It's funny how many xian denominations claim jesus descended into hell and spent three days there. One should ponder what he was doing for three days in hell. Jesus didn't run like a coward away from his path adn neither will I even though I have many who desire to pull me off the very path Christ has set up for me.

Xander[}:)]
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: