Jesus turned water into wine... so who drank it?

Previous topic - Next topic

PottyParrot

Was it real wine... could it be drank?

Was it good wine?

I personally DOUBT it... I think Jesus may have turned water a red colour (merely looking like wine..) just for the sake creating a fascinating illusion... but it probably wasn't drinkable wine... it would have been tipped away..

Anyone know any more about this..?

ether2

i personally dont believe any writings scripts gospels of anyone from around that era, before and after him...

when one learns how the worlds systems run ya soon learn that all sorts of various beliefs thoughts processes can and do geberate energy that had to be produced in order to help run the worlds systems that require energy, i dont believe noth'n of the like of any of them...

however i believe should one look into all of them (religions) gospels/scripts/writings and "at this time frame" you would see a pattern of common sense to go by...

good luck

love all
Don't Forget-Love All, Means To Care 4 all=being more ONE which is the highest of height of consciousnesses in the dimension we live in...love all doesnt mean cuddly cuddly

http://thewayitisether.wordpress.com/

personalreality

really?

*sigh*

at least don't post this kind of mess in the wrong subforum, put it in the religious section where it belongs.

be awesome.

Stillwater

QuoteAnyone know any more about this..?

The story is usually called by another name too, the "Marriage at Cana". Clearly anything anyone could know about it is in the gospel verses that describe it:

John 2: 1-11

1 On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there, 2 and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding. 3 When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine."
   4 "Woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My hour has not yet come."

5 His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."

6 Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.

7 Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim.

8 Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet."

They did so, 9 and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realize where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside 10 and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."

11 What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him.

I don't know that this story is ever mentioned again any other place in Bible. Like many gospel stroies, I think it only occurs in one of the 4 gospels, in this case John.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Volgerle

"The Greek god of wine, Dionysus or Bacchus, also called Iacchus, has been depicted as having been born of a virgin mother on December 25th; performing miracles such as changing water into wine; appearing surrounded by or one of 12 figures; bearing epithets such as "Only Begotten Son" and "Savior"; dying; resurrecting after three days; and ascending into heaven.
As with Jesus, December 25th and January 6th are both traditional birth dates in the Dionysian myth and simply represent the period of the winter solstice. Indeed, the winter-solstice date of the Greek sun and wine god Dionysus was originally recognized in early January but was eventually placed on December 25th, as related by ancient Latin writer Macrobius (c. 400 AD/CE). Regardless, the effect is the same: The winter sun god is born around this time, when the shortest day of the year begins to become longer.
According to the most common tradition, Dionysus was the son of the god Zeus and the mortal woman Semele. In the Cretan version of the same story, which the pre-Christian Greek historian Diodorus Siculus follows, Dionysus was the son of Zeus and Persephone, the daughter of Demeter also called Kore, who is styled a "virgin goddess.
The miracles of Dionysus are legendary, as is his role as the god of wine, echoed in the later Christian story of Jesus multiplying the jars of wine at the wedding feast of Cana (Jn 2:1-9)."
- D.M. Murdoch

"This story is really the Christian counterpart to the pagan legends of Dionysus, the Greek god of wine, who at his annual festival in his temple of Elis filled three empty kettles with wine-no water needed! And on the fifth of January wine instead of water gushed from his temple at Andros. If we believe Jesus' miracle, why should we not believe Dionysus's? "
- Dr. A.J. Mattill

bottom line:

Dionysus > Jesus

cuz he did not even need water ...

:evil: :-D

DH

PottyParrot,

If you just take the story at face value, yes, it was real wine and top shelf at that!  Jewish weddings at that time were full of wine and celebration.  When the groom ran out of wine it would have been a great embarrassment and social mistake.  That's why Mary gets on her son's  case to do something about it.  After the water is transformed, the master of the banquet is impressed because most folks put out the best wine first, then when everyone was drunk, they'd substitute the MD 20 20 -- the cheap stuff.  But thanks to Jesus this guy has saved the best for last. 

In John's gospel, this is the first of seven "signs" Jesus performs.  There are only 7 signs or miracles mentioned in the whole Gospel.  Unlike the other gospel writers, John is a mystic.  In Hebrew numerology, 7 is a Hebrew number for perfection or completion, such as the 7 days of creation in Genesis 1.  John uses 7 signs which lead to 7 teaching sections and 7 I AM sayings (I am the Bread of life, etc.).  After the resurrection of Jesus, 7 disciples see him on the shore while they are fishing.

John's Gospel is intended to be metaphorical unlike Matthew, Mark and Luke.  BTW, the more wine you drink the more interesting the metaphorical interpretations get!  ;)
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

PottyParrot

I guess I should have put this in the religions section I guess..but:

What I'm really wondering is, what is or isn't possible with Astral dynamics? :?

Summerlander

Volgerle

Quote from: PottyParrot on June 03, 2011, 15:45:08what is or isn't possible with Astral dynamics? :?
a lot, because it's a brilliant book,  :wink:

(ps: next to Buhlman's books, it's by far among the best regarding AP)

astralp

Well first you have to understand that Jesus never existed.  Jesus is a metaphor for the sun.  The SUN of GOD.  NO one owns the sun, hence the reason they call it Gods Sun or the SUN of GOD.  

Now when you look at it from that perspective, yes Jesus, the sun, did turn water into wine.  It is a very old teaching, one that has been edited and translated wrong for the past 2000 years.  

The sun, evaporates water.  The water then rains on the grape vines.  The grapes then ferment into wine.  So, you have Jesus the SUN, turning water into wine.  

That is also where you get the word devine from.  Why is god devine?  It comes from the vine.  

and yes, dionysus=jesus.  The story of Jesus is a compilation of all the God men who were metaphors for the SUN.  Dionysus being only one of them. 

That is also why Jesus has 12 disciples.  12 disciples = 12 signs of the zodiac. 
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles

Summerlander

DH

Look guys, we get it.  You don't believe in Jesus.  That's fine,  but why can't you find another topic in which you can post something positive about what you do believe in, rather than beat down people who sincerely ask questions relevant to where they are in their spiritual journeys?

Posted by: astralp
Insert Quote
Well first you have to understand that Jesus never existed.  Jesus is a metaphor for the sun.  The SUN of GOD.  NO one owns the sun, hence the reason they call it Gods Sun or the SUN of GOD. 

Now when you look at it from that perspective, yes Jesus, the sun, did turn water into wine.  It is a very old teaching, one that has been edited and translated wrong for the past 2000 years. 

The sun, evaporates water.  The water then rains on the grape vines.  The grapes then ferment into wine.  So, you have Jesus the SUN, turning water into wine. 

That is also where you get the word devine from.  Why is god devine?  It comes from the vine. 

and yes, dionysus=jesus.  The story of Jesus is a compilation of all the God men who were metaphors for the SUN.  Dionysus being only one of them.

That is also why Jesus has 12 disciples.  12 disciples = 12 signs of the zodiac. 

Posted by: Summerlander
Insert Quote
Yep, Jesus didn't exist.
God created the Universe for His 7th grade science project -- and got a C.     - Swami Beyondananda

Summerlander

Couldn't what we posted be regarded as positive in that it opens up people's minds to other possibilities in regards to Jesus? :-D

DH

Posted by: Summerlander
Insert Quote
Couldn't what we posted be regarded as positive in that it opens up people's minds to other possibilities in regards to Jesus?

Sure it can.  These forums are about sharing different ideas.  But it's the manner in which they're shared that is also important.  Let's face it -- none of us knows it all.  A little humility is needed sometimes.  We may believe something strongly, but that doesn't mean we're always right.  Forums are only helpful to honest seekers when they feel respected and taken seriously.  If we feel a need to continuously put down others' beliefs, it's probably time to move to another topic -- and also to ask  ourselves:  Why do I have this need to diss someone and slam their belief?  What does that say about me? 

Stillwater

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Summerlander

Agreed. Thanks for putting that into perspective.

personalreality

Quote from: DH on June 10, 2011, 22:54:05
Look guys, we get it.  You don't believe in Jesus.  That's fine,  but why can't you find another topic in which you can post something positive about what you do believe in, rather than beat down people who sincerely ask questions relevant to where they are in their spiritual journeys?

you have to admit, when you read the op's first post, it looks pretty damn ridiculous and it looks like a joke on us.  s/he didn't even get to the real question (which i assume was meant to be "could jesus actually have done such a thing by means of the stuff we study a la astral projection").  i think that deserves a bit of a "tough love" kind of response.

on a side note though, I don't believe in a historical jesus.  there are at the very least 2000 years between us and when these stories were written down (who knows when they came into existence).  but the fact remains, how can you trust any of it.  seriously.  none of us were there.  we just have to take ancient texts' word for it (texts written in a different cultural context, and possibly under the influence of a completely different type of conscious experience).  we have tiny little bits of garbled mess and we have built entire civilizations on this stuff.  it seems like one of the most illogical things some one could do in my mind.  but hey, that's just me. 

nevertheless, i love jesus.  dude is awesome, though he's only half the picture.  he is the masculine will, consciousness.  but it is our feminine subconscious that gestates the will and births it into reality.  that is the part christians don't teach, that is the important part.  we are all concept and no fruition.  it is vitally important that jesus' feminine counterpart sophia is known.  she is what actually manifests in our reality.  she is who we need to know.  and we need to reunite the two into one whole.
be awesome.

astralp

OK, first of all, the OP asked a question in a public forum.  I answered it to the best of my knowledge.  In no way am i trying to slam your beliefs or anyone elses.  Instead of taking  my answer negatively how about you look at  it positively. 
I didn't say one negative thing.  I was trying to inform you about what i believe. 
I was neither negative nor positive when I posted about how I DO believe that Jesus never existed.  Its just information, take it with an open mind or keep looking at it in a negative light. 

Was it negative and were you offended when you found out Santa Clause wasn't real?  What if you still believed in Santa Clause to this day, and anytime someone said something to open your mind to the fact that Santa wasn't real you got offended and dismissed it.   

Im sorry if I offended you but when you look at the bible from an astrotheology point of view it makes a lot more sense and is a lot more interesting in my opinion. 

If you go through life being offended by people with different points of view what would you ever learn?
In my opinion most religions impose beliefs on people which cause them to stop trying to further their knowledge.

And seriously, look at the question asked again. Obviously the OP is already questioning Jesus' legitimacy.  They are basically saying Jesus was a magician who used illusions to trick people into believing he was God.   

And tell me where I "beat down" the OP who "sincerely" asked that question. I simply gave him information he could use to base further studies on.   

I was raised Catholic and believed in Jesus till I was about 19.  Im glad I found out that Jesus wasn't real, otherwise I would still be wasting my life trying to serve a fake religion which keeps the world in a state of fear in order to control the masses behind the scene.

And plus, who is to say that isn't the answer the OP needed to hear relevant to where he is on his spiritual journey.  should I have waited a year until I told him what I believe? 

I think more people in this world need to have their beliefs shaken up (a lot) otherwise everyone is going to end up as slaves to failing system.

Take that for a beat down.
"turf off your mind relax and float down stream.  it is not dying."-The Beatles

NoY

Summerlander

personalreality

poor NoY.

Astralp stole your innocence.

how dare you astralp!!

:lol:  :lol:
be awesome.