Modern Christianity is a Lie

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkerInTheWoods

Too bad Narrow Path is gone. You two would have fun together. [:)]
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

False Prophet

Darkness Of Christ

Mankind in his insatiable search for divine
Knowledge has discarded all biblical teachings

Realizing that the strength of religion is the repression of
knowledge
All structures of religion have collapsed

Life prays for death
in the wake of the horror of these revelations

It was never imagined how graphic the reality that would
be known as the end
of creation
Would manifest itself

We believe all this chaos and atrocity can be traced
Back to one single event

We hold these truths to be painfully self-evident
All men are not created equal
Only the strong will prosper
Only the strong will conquer
Only in the darkness of Christ have I realized
God Hates Us All

Tenacious

-Tenacious[:P]

"The most interesting people in the world are those you do not understand" -Me

kakkarot

he could possibly be allanon, spited by being kicked and back to try and cause some havoc.

or not. either way, he's just another fanatic so meh.

~kakkarot

The AlphaOmega

"Darkness of Christ"?  I'm a follower of Christ and that term to me is an extreme contradiction.  I've always found it funny how those who do not follow Christ always claim to know the most about Him, or at least christianity.  In any case, False Prophet has failed to convince me of the error of my ways.  Good luck with that in the future, I have a feeling you're gonna need it!
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

no_leaf_clover

Certainly isn't a positive outlook, no matter what your beliefs. Those lyrics are from the Slayer album 'God Hates Us All', the first track. A friend of mine at school has made me familiar of the album. It seems he enjoys the image associated with it more than the ideas behind what is actually said. In fact, he's sort of admitted to just that. But, if someone was to feel those ideas are actually in their best interest, it's all good.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Fat_Turkey

This is the same kind of mindset those terrorists in Al Queada(sp?) and those overly nuclear-bomb-obsessed wankers in America have.

Do yourself a favour and leave. Nobody cares about your foolhardy and fanatical beliefs, in fact they are rather annoying.

~FT
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
-Anonymous

No amount of rigorous training, sitting and doing nothing, and clearing one's mind can help a man who hasn't overcome his doubts.

Logic

Umm, whatever happened to freedom of speach?

I dont necisarilly agree or disagree, but it sounds like preaching to me.

Allanon was a radical fundamentalist internet christian missionary, FP is the exact opposite.

quote:
This is the same kind of mindset those terrorists in Al Queada(sp?) and those overly nuclear-bomb-obsessed wankers in America have.

I doubt you know the mindset of terrorists, if you can even identify true terrorism at that. Most of the suicide bombings in the middle east, maybe even 9/11, are based on religous beliefs, where Allah, Christ, whoever, "promised" passage into heaven while dying in battle against his enemies (even if its suicide).

So, its quite the opposite mindset of what your thinking of.
We are not truly lost, until we lose ourselves.

exothen

quote:
Allanon was a radical fundamentalist internet christian missionary,

It really is too bad that that is all you think of him as. Remember, he was one of you before. It seems that no one ever mentioned how he had changed and how drastic the change was. Figures.

quote:
where Allah, Christ, whoever, "promised" passage into heaven while dying in battle against his enemies (even if its suicide).

Just to be certain, this is not even close to a teaching in Christianity, but it is most certainly one in Islam.

Fat Turkey,

You're sounding somewhat fanatical yourself.
"When men cease to believe in God, they do not believe in nothing; they believe in anything." G.K. Chesterton

The AlphaOmega

Agreed!  I don't recall any teachings by Christ in which He states that we are promised heaven if we kill ourselves in His name.
              - Buddha

Logic

Its not a matter of which god, deity, prophet said it, some one said it and some one made it into a dogma, and people are killing eachother over religious beliefs. Hence, the audacity of organized religion.

As for christianity, christians / catholics condemed "witches" to die, while a few hundred years later, specifically the christians raped and brainwashed all of the first nations people.

James S

quote:
Originally posted by exothen

QuoteAllanon was a radical fundamentalist internet christian
Just to be certain, this is not even close to a teaching in Christianity, but it is most certainly one in Islam.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think even true Islam teaches this. I believe there are radical islamics that have bent the teachings of islam to suit their purposes just as there are radical christians that give christianity a bad name.

The whole "God told me to do it" bit has been used by many religions and cults. Seems to me a convenient excuse to allow them to deny responsibility for thier own deplorable actions.
- James.

harlequin_star

i understand what false prophet is tryin to grab at. he's saying that organized religion in itself has become corrupt and will bend and stretch the truth to make their religion seem the only one, or 'the best' when in fact when you look at it, all religions (in my opinion) seem to originate from a single source and therefore, the basic core beliefs are the same, yet over so many years those who have led the churches change the writing and phrase them as how they see it should be, for instance in America, many people justified slavery with bible scriptures. Also, that many people are trying to find answers from others instead of searching inside their own soul for an answer.
I don't think he's saying that Jesus Christ himself is evil, nor God. .but the church that has slaughtered his name, the churches that claim to follow God and christ when all they do is turn away from it.
this has been going on for centuries, and not many have spoken against it 1. for fear of blastphoemy (sp?) 2. because it's what they've been taught and have never questioned it.
   I think Jesus died so we CAN question religion, so we CAN look inside ourselves to find the answer.
people shouldn't be so quick to judge unless you understand what the person is trying to say.
i think there was a saying that went something like :
   "Earth is filled with Christs and Buddhas, but does anyone really listen?"
the christian churches supposedly teach the love of christ, but they're the ones who are so judgemental of others. .try having a discussion with a catholic , and you'll see what i mean.

shedt

quote:
Originally posted by harlequin_star

i understand what false prophet is tryin to grab at. he's saying that organized religion in itself has become corrupt and will bend and stretch the truth to make their religion seem the only one, or 'the best' when in fact when you look at it, all religions (in my opinion) seem to originate from a single source and therefore, the basic core beliefs are the same, yet over so many years those who have led the churches change the writing and phrase them as how they see it should be, for instance in America, many people justified slavery with bible scriptures. Also, that many people are trying to find answers from others instead of searching inside their own soul for an answer.
I don't think he's saying that Jesus Christ himself is evil, nor God. .but the church that has slaughtered his name, the churches that claim to follow God and christ when all they do is turn away from it.
this has been going on for centuries, and not many have spoken against it 1. for fear of blastphoemy (sp?) 2. because it's what they've been taught and have never questioned it.
   I think Jesus died so we CAN question religion, so we CAN look inside ourselves to find the answer.
people shouldn't be so quick to judge unless you understand what the person is trying to say.
i think there was a saying that went something like :
   "Earth is filled with Christs and Buddhas, but does anyone really listen?"
the christian churches supposedly teach the love of christ, but they're the ones who are so judgemental of others. .try having a discussion with a catholic , and you'll see what i mean.

what you've said makes alot of sense, and it sad in my eyes. Because people always say thier version is the proper one, and the refuse too look at or see any other way.

I'm glad though there are many different beliefs and countries, etc.

this way at least not one religion or government can write history as they see fit.

it's a shame how someones words are written down many many years later in another language, and it is taken as the absolute truth.

then this absolute truth gets changed, and translated again..... how many times ?

then you have someone teach that thier version is the most accurate and correct version, and deem others as false, and ignoring history that does not fit with thier own beliefs.

after a while you got man living with dinosaurs, and faith over reason.

IMHO

shedt

quote:
Originally posted by False Prophet

Darkness Of Christ

Mankind in his insatiable search for divine
Knowledge has discarded all biblical teachings

Realizing that the strength of religion is the repression of
knowledge

does this mean faith / over reason ?

not accepting to learn or be open too new ideas or beliefs ?

quote:

All structures of religion have collapsed

Life prays for death

i have a book on prayers and such, and statistaclly (SP?) something like %10 of Americans admit too praying for harm to another roughly.

how about those who do not admit ?

quote:

in the wake of the horror of these revelations

this for me is a matter of perspective. i choose my own beliefs now, and it's not a horrible thing for me. but it is sad too look through-out history at how organized religion has harm soceity IMHO

quote:

It was never imagined how graphic the reality that would
be known as the end
of creation
Would manifest itself

again, is this about creationisim or is it about faith over reason ?

quote:

We believe all this chaos and atrocity can be traced
Back to one single event

does time even exist as we percieve it ?

quote:

We hold these truths to be painfully self-evident
All men are not created equal
Only the strong will prosper
Only the strong will conquer
Only in the darkness of Christ have I realized
God Hates Us All

i have never went through Slayer lyrics like that before.

what is equal ? i personally think everyone should be treated equal.

equal in what ?

and does "God" hate us all ?

I'm not even sure if I believe in a "God"

and if I do, I'm not even sure if i believe it too be a self-aware being that can have feelings of hate.

how do we know "God" is aware of us ?

"God" has not personally communicated with me that I can know of.

but "God" is different for each person, IMHO

The AlphaOmega

I would like to specifically address LOGIC.  Your views are noted, but they are not profound.  You use the word Christian and then tack on certain dogmas to that term, such as rape and brainwashing as a Christian characteristic.  Well I am Christian, and because I have neither brainwashed, nor killed "witches", nor ever raped anyone, you are proved wrong.  If you say Christians, then your statements apply to all Christians.  Being that I am one, and none of your statements apply to me, why should anyone assume that your opinion has any foundation at all?  You could say that certain individuals have brainwashed, and killed, and raped, and claim to be Christian.  That would not be a lie.  However, you clearly refuse to study Christianity and how it applies to these issues.  If you had half an understanding of Christ's teachings then you would know that He did specifically teach AGAINST ALL of these things.  Christ taught ONLY peace, love for humanity, and charity for life.  If you in any way truly believe that to be a follower of Christ is to be a killer or a rapist, then you are ignorant of His message and have absolutely no grounds to be taken seriously.  Your arguments are based on your perception of Christians, which is not accurate, and such arguments are to be considered nothing but fallicies.  Evidence is needed.  I can show you countless sayings by Christ that promote His love and peace for humanity, and if you desire I will.  But if you want anyone to take you remotely seriously, then give us examples of Christ teaching that rape and murder is the Christian way.  I will admit that freedom of speech applies here, and you are free to say whatever you wish.  But there is a difference between saying something, and having something you say mean anything.  Do not confuse saying you are Christian with following Christian teachings, for they are seperate.  Those who kill in Christ's name are not doing Christ's will, despite their opinion.  The same applies for yours.  Believing that Christians are evil does not make it so.  Saying that you have a clue what you are talking about with regards to the same subject does not make you wise.  Untill you can show teachings by Christ that promote evil, do not compare the two, for you WILL be wrong.
              - Buddha

exothen

Logic,

quote:
Its not a matter of which god, deity, prophet said it, some one said it and some one made it into a dogma, and people are killing eachother over religious beliefs. Hence, the audacity of organized religion.

Just don't forget about the hundreds of millions killed in the name of atheism. And it does matter which God as it changes ones views of any religion whose God says such things.

James,

I am not fully sure of what the Qur'an states regarding going to heaven for killing an infidel (I have seen people post verses from the Qur'an to support this, but I haven't studied it myself), so I'll let this one be. But I do agree with "God told me to do it" causing many to do things that aren't right. That covers both Islam and Christianity as well as a multitude of others.

harlequin star,

quote:
when in fact when you look at it, all religions (in my opinion) seem to originate from a single source and therefore, the basic core beliefs are the same

Nothing could be further from the truth. The reason there are so many religions is because they are very different, irreconcilably different, at the core.

quote:
Also, that many people are trying to find answers from others instead of searching inside their own soul for an answer.

Next time you watch the news or read a newspaper or magazine, ask yourself if you would trust yourself to give a good answer for anything. My point is this: humans are inherently evil, or at least are naturally inclined to do evil, so looking inside oneself for an answer isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Not that there is anything wrong with personal reflection, just don't look for answers to spiritual matters to come from within (hence my username - "from without").

To me, this is where Christianity is above all other religions. Every other religion states that man has to do some sort of meritorious work to try and gain God's favor, or to try and change themselves in some way. Christianity correctly recognizes that man fails time and time again and is incapable of ever being "good enough." Humans are in need of something outside of themselves to overcome the inclination to do wrong; man is in need of a saviour - God himself, doing what man could not do.

So, yeah, there has been a lot of evil done in the name of Christ, and most, if not all, of it goes completely against Christ's teachings. But this only serves to strengthen my argument - that even with the help of God to overcome evil, man can still fail. This shows just how much man is utterly in need of God, someone outside of himself to help him do what is good.
"When men cease to believe in God, they do not believe in nothing; they believe in anything." G.K. Chesterton

shedt

quote:
My point is this: humans are inherently evil, or at least are naturally inclined to do evil,

I don't see children doing evil things, I see them learning them from others.

So I personally don't think that humans are evil by nature, it's just that they are taught too be so. And it's our choice too not too be, and too raise are children so that hate and evil are not taught anymore.

quote:

so looking inside oneself for an answer isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

it has helped me. I have had times where looking at myself, my thoughts and my actions have helped me. looking inside helps me too connect too my spirit, which is a peaceful loving thing.

quote:

Not that there is anything wrong with personal reflection, just don't look for answers to spiritual matters to come from within (hence my username - "from without").

I personally disagree. I find that %90 of the answers I need and found came from within myself. I did not need too have been taught, I just had too "follow my heart"

quote:

To me, this is where Christianity is above all other religions. Every other religion states that man has to do some sort of meritorious work to try and gain God's favor, or to try and change themselves in some way.

is there something wrong with trying too be a better person ? to grow ? too evolve spiritually ?

I personally try too be a better person, not because a religion tells me too, but because it feels like the right thing too do inside.

quote:

Christianity correctly recognizes that man fails time and time again and is incapable of ever being "good enough."

that is your interpretation, who says it is correct ?

quote:

Humans are in need of something outside of themselves to overcome the inclination to do wrong;

I do not want too cause anyone harm or do anything I think is wrong.

quote:

man is in need of a saviour -

why can't I save myself ? Why cannot humans work together and save themselves? and who says we need a savior any ways ?

quote:

God himself, doing what man could not do.

what is "God"

How do you know that we are not all "God" when combined together ?

quote:

So, yeah, there has been a lot of evil done in the name of Christ, and most, if not all, of it goes completely against Christ's teachings.

and from what i have read it is people like that who changed the Bible too what they believed was right.

quote:

But this only serves to strengthen my argument - that even with the help of God to overcome evil, man can still fail.

humans teaches humans hate and violence, but that does not remove the choices that we can make too not be like that. we do not need God too make a choice

quote:

This shows just how much man is utterly in need of God, someone outside of himself to help him do what is good.

I disagree, I htink it shows how we need each other, too learn and too share and grow together.

harlequin_star

darhhh. .i was gonna post last night, but me computer went all kerphabbled.
   Insertanywayzzzz, in response to some of what exothen said. . .I respect what you think, i think you're wrong . .but believe what you wish
[:)]
also, about religions being similar. .i suggest you do some research and see what you come up with. .(if you're interested of course) such as going to google and typing in something along the lines of similarities/connections of world religions. .you'd be surprised what you find out.

"To me, this is where Christianity is above all other religions"
   ~Im curious. . .how is one religion better than the other?
also, i think you shouldn't come along saying 'this is right, you all are wrong" if i were you id research religions before saying anything against them. also. . do you realize how much christianity has chaged over the centuries? there was a time when reincarnation and karma were teachings, but the church surpressed them in 664 AD ( i believe) don't forget the time when kings ruled the church (which is why settlers came to America) and could pretty much do what they wanted with the doctrine/bible.

Logic

quote:
You use the word Christian and then tack on certain dogmas to that term, such as rape and brainwashing as a Christian characteristic. Well I am Christian, and because I have neither brainwashed, nor killed "witches", nor ever raped anyone, you are proved wrong.

The AlphaOmega:
I'm sorry, I was stating that it was the christian / catholic church that condemed witches, not every christian / catholic. As the same for the residential schools, not every christian has raped some kid after brainwashing him or her, I was merley implying that it was only the christian church, as opposed to the catholic church having anything involvment with it.

I also never said that every christian has gone out or raped and brainwashed anyone, nor did I say Jesus reccomended, encoraged any of it. Infact, I already know that he was a peace keeper.

What im trying to say is, that its the churches that are leading people into these things, claiming its gods will or some divine intervention. I agree with much of what you say, but my intention was not to make god or Jesus seem evil, just to point out that its the middle man getting the best of everyone.

quote:
Just don't forget about the hundreds of millions killed in the name of atheism. And it does matter which God as it changes ones views of any religion whose God says such things.

Exothen:
I'm sure that the atheists just didn't wake up one day and decide to start killing religious folk, someone had to make a stand.

Tayesin

Hi All,
Seems to me all things that bring power, wealth, and control over other people is bound to be extreme.  Humans do have Free Will and we have chosen to use it freely to distort all teachings in some way shape or form.  

This is not to say that good things do not come from extremism and control.  Many christians, while they may be misled about many truths, are actually good people who live by the Christ's message of Love.   So even within an extreme there is also a sector of balance.  Are we to deny these people their right to their beliefs ?  Of course not.

The Journey each of us is on, is tailor made for us, so we will come to clarity and see truth when the time is right for us.  Our right time and the next persons may be very different, so we must make room for all beliefs, whether we agree with them or not.  

We simply do not KNOW which, if any of the belief systems, is the more correct.   Although we recognize the similar Pearls in each of them.  The best way for you is the one that WORKS, whether or not anyone else agrees with it.  And maybe the best belief system is the one that does not cling to any view, but is subtle enough to be modified when experience shows the need.

Exothen,
quote.. " My point is this: humans are inherently evil, or at least are naturally inclined to do evil, so looking inside oneself for an answer isn't going to get anyone anywhere. Not that there is anything wrong with personal reflection, just don't look for answers to spiritual matters to come from within (hence my username - "from without")."

Surely doing 'evil' things is a choice ?  And if we are physical bodies animated by the Spirit we are, then all our answers must already be Inside us.  All that you will find outside of you that resonates as truth, does so because the Truth within recognizes the outer truth.

Love Always.[:)]

onefromsomewhereelse

Dittos to Alpha/O's message.  Let's see....if "false prophet" is indeed false, then what he proclaims by deduction is that Christanity is the true and faithful way.  Darn, I knew that had to be it, because even Satan believes in God.

Seriously, if falsie takes this much time on a Modern Christanity site, I imagine he is under conviction and trying to seek to walk in the Light.  We pray for him.

Logic

Its not a matter of believing in god or not, its being told how to think and how to live your life based on someone elses standards.

FreeFaller

you know ok o dont know what the first few messages are on but my view of modern christianity is this:

i feel its a lie but only in what people think. and to back up my arguement im gonna use how people say god hates this or god hates that. it is true he disapproves in stuff, but thats our nature and he forgives us. i hate it how people say god hates things that i believe is not true in the bible he says he loves all even his enemies.

onefromsomewhereelse

I think the problem some of you have is that you base your views of Christians on the wierdos often seen on the tube.  Get into a real church and you might be surprised.