Old Gods and Satan

Previous topic - Next topic

narfellus

i don't have an answer to this, i'm just trying to get it straight in a way that makes sense to me.  Satan/Lucifer did not exist before Christianity took the Pan symbolism and gave it a name, but Evil has always been here in some form or another. Take the Temple of Set in California, is this just a modern form of devil worship with a different name? Was Set inherently a negative entity of great power?

What about worship to Moloch in the Bohemian Grove?  Again, just Satan worship under a different guise?
If but we knew the power of our thoughts we would guard them more closely.

steveo233

You should take a bit of a look into "Joy of Satan" satanism. It gets into how Satan was our orginal creator and then was enemized by the Christianity. If you are familiar with the mythos of the Sumerian gods of old it is quite clear that the character that is being reffered to in the bible as "Satan" it is quite apparent that they are just putting an enemy label on our true god (alien) Enki.

Just do a little research into the "Joy of Satan" branch of satanism. It's a real eye opener.

www.joyofsatan.com

dreamingod

There is no Devil/Lucifer (evil personification) except one that exists in the mind and heart of those driven by fear and ignorance of self.

OSHO: There Are No Devils - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p0H5JnNXpTM

Please look into the etymology of the words:

Lucifer = light/ light being http://www.babeled.com/2008/12/04/word-power-lucifer/

Devil = Deva = divine/ light being http://www.vibrani.com/heaven&hell.htm

Hel = light   eg. Helios the Sun God

Myths and legends fuels the imaginative mind and hold spellbound those firm believers.
We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

majour ka

Quote from: dreamingod on December 08, 2012, 18:29:30
There is no Devil/Lucifer (evil personification) except one that exists in the mind and heart of those driven by fear and ignorance of self.

Myths and legends fuels the imaginative mind and hold spellbound those firm believers.

Amen, no such thing.

dreamingod

Amun Ra  :wink:

Amun Ra means: Hidden Light (Amun= Hidden and Ra= Light)

Amun Ra is the Sun God. Amun Ra = Amen Ra = Horus = Christ.

Pharaohs repeatedly called themselves "Merry-Amun" or Beloved of Amun.
Merry Christ-mas.

Astromythology
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1lsOJMyM6ZI#!

~
We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

Stookie_

Lucifer is the light bringer... it's the knowledge that illuminates the darkness. It's the snake who temps from the tree of knowledge, endowing humans with an ego. It's not good or bad, but when connecting it to ego, it's easy to see how it can get turned personified into a demon.

Everlasting

The bible got it right on this, Lucifer was an archangel that rebelled. Creator gave him the name Satan and tossed him out of the lighted realms. Well you know the story.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Everlasting on December 13, 2012, 20:40:06
The bible got it right on this, Lucifer was an archangel that rebelled. Creator gave him the name Satan and tossed him out of the lighted realms. Well you know the story.
... the original bible translator got it wrong and it was actually Santa... not Satan?

ChopstickFox

lmao... Well he does wear red...? xD
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Everlasting

Quote from: Bedeekin on December 13, 2012, 22:49:04
... the original bible translator got it wrong and it was actually Santa... not Satan?
Hmm I guess santa claus is a good representation of Satan. Fat lazy materialist.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

Bedeekin

... who gives out presents and love... to materialistic children. Hmmm