Robert, what do you think of a devil/satan?

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypse Crow

whoops! that's what I meant, I just could not get the correct number in the moment :)

Hephaestus

To me God is 'us', God is made up of all the souls in the universe on some higher plane of existance where time does not exist and there are things we cannot even comprehend, I believe one day we will join with this union of souls and become 'God' ourselves.

Tir13

Well, aren't we the transcendentalist?  Hehe, sorry poking fun! :)

Night

Jason

n/a

I may be a simpleton on this topic, but it's my opinion.
I think all evil and bad doings, stems from the human animal itself.
Fear and survival which is programmed within us produces reactions that are distasteful when brought to the surface.

Hitler was following survival instincts as well...  
Fear of others brings out hate in people, it is all part of our nature.  

It has been this way all along, I think "satan" is just our excuse for blaming it on somebody else {survival instinct}, we have created this dark side, with all its manifestations, and pushed it aside. As if it was not of us, as if we were such a highly evolved race that this couldn't possibly be our doing!  

Someday our collective consciousness will become more aware of these problems and deal with them, instead of pushing it aside or blaming someone else.

I also believe that in death of the human body, we shed these primeval human responses and return to a collective love and light existance. Pure in form and everlasting...

Qui-Gon Jinn

Let me present a code some of you may recognize;
"There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the force."

The "there is" to the left in the Code, is what our subjective mind is capable of creating for itself.

The "there is" to the right in the Code, is what truly exists in the "force" ("god", or whatever word deems appropriate).
This we donĀ“t need our subjective mind to perceive, our objective part of the mind can manage that just fine, although for most of us sadly, it helps ridding our subjective influence out of the equation.

In other words, there truly are no satan or evil other than what we (subjectively) create in our mind.  A "theory" good as any, well, at least a theory...

Be well// Qui-Gon

- Your focus determines your reality -

Edited by - Qui-Gon Jinn on 26 March 2002  21:03:35

Tyler

quote:
Originally posted by n/a
I also believe that in death of the human body, we shed these primeval human responses and return to a collective love and light existance. Pure in form and everlasting... [;)]

Yep, that is what will happen in the new age / The Kingdom / 4th dimensions / the shift ... whatever you want to call it.

We are now in the training ground, manipulating good and evil, trying out everything there is to try.

There is a massive 9 dimensional cosmic drama nearing its end, and the Earth is the theatre.
With us people as actors.
Our conscious minds do not realise that we are acting on this stage.
However after the shift the play will end and all actors the good and the bad, heroes and foes, will return to the stage, bow down and receive applause.

We will have 12 strand DNA and 12 chakras once again.

We will be aware of our all lifes and all the experiences we learned from them.

We will be reconnected with our higher selves.

We will make contact with Christ-like beings and other life forms.

It will happen very smoothly. Right now i can see our lives as us standing in the 4th D and dreaming / replaying all our life events. We are almost there. We are coming home.

chupacabra

According to Elaine Pagels' "The Origin of Satan" the Jews spoke of him before the Christians assimilated him into their lore. With the Jews though, he was a faithful servant of God and sent down to Earth on errands to check up on certain people to make sure they were keeping the faith and would sometimes test their faith as well (can't rememeber the details on that).

The squabbling factions of Christians transformed him into the ultimate being of evilness so they could accuse rival factions of being under his influence and therefore not blessed with the true spirit of Christ.

As far as there being an ultimate evil entity out there, who knows? I think though that, like everything, the negative entities must evolve and slowly but surely realize their true essence, that they are part of the One as well.

..but that's probably just wishful thinking and I'm gonna burn in Hell for it.[;)]

What sucks is that we've been conditioned to believe in horrible devils and demons lurking about through church and and horror movies that it could potentially be a big stumbling block against succesful AP.

Ps-
sorry to get off topic but...

Tyler, have you witnessed any evidence of this shift, or are you re-asserting something someone else has said?
raised up like a welt on the skull of a mummy

Tombo

Qui-Gon Jinn, very well said!!I believe good/bad is just a concept of the human mind.
" In order to arrive at a place you do not know you must go by a way you do not know "

-St John of the Cross

Dark_Phoenix

I believe there to be more then one god, but thats me and I could be wrong. this is also because i'm a low level mage and that I call to the gods of air sea earth and fire and so and so.

Squeek

As old as this topic is, it's active now, and it has been moved to its proper location.  However I highly doubt many of the original posters are still here [:)]

Also, try not to post twice in succession.

~Squeek

Mustardseed

Greetings all (thought I would try that)[;)]

God is real. He may not be the old man with the beard but he is a spirit. The most powerfull spirit in the astran dimensions. He is the spirit of love. All love is inspired by him. He is light and in him is no darkness at all. He is personified in his physical "son" Jesus who is God to us, lived in love and died for love so we could be with God forever.

The counterpart is the Prince of Darknes, Lucifer, the arch angel, one of the other "sons" of God. He is real too. He has been cast into earth to rule here for a time. He is known by many names and is also the prince of the power of the air. He has under his command defiant angels and spirits who are in rebellion to God. They are divided in various principalities ruled by princes of varying importance.

Regards Mustardseed
Words.....there was a time when I believed in words!

Gandalf

The counterpart is the Prince of Darknes, Lucifer, the arch angel, one of the other "sons" of God. He is real too. He has been cast into earth to rule here for a time. He is known by many names and is also the prince of the power of the air. He has under his command defiant angels and spirits who are in rebellion to God. They are divided in various principalities ruled by princes of varying importance.

So Satan is not 'evil' then as everything Satan has done was ordained by god; god created him with the capacity to rebel. If God did this on purpose this means that what we call 'evil' comes from god and is therefore 'good'.
If he didnt do it on purpose then he is obviously not as intelligent as you make him out to be?

If he did it out of nececety, as perhaps the universe can only exist with a balance of good and evil, this implies that god is not omnipotent as he cannot create a universe (or people) without evil. But if he is god an ominpotent why isnt it possible for him to create a pefectly good universe with perfect people in it?

Because he wanted to give us free will? however, if he can do anything, he could give us free will but create such good beings that could never conceive of doing anything bad, but he hasnt, because he cannot?

Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Coffee

Have any of you ever had any experience with God or Satan that would prove the existance of either one of them?

It sounds like you've all based your information on philosophy or religious texts instead of experience.

I've had some experience with them, and I will recount it on a post called "Past lives" if you want to read it.

Mustardseed

Hi Gandalf I posted for you on another thread the one about Pastor whatever his name. So lets discuss this as well. It seems we come from very different places. I have no problem with your belief and would be glad to talk, however if you insist on pulling the conversation down to a tit for tat level with sarcasm and no humor I will be as glad to refrain. I have no problem with a good crack joke or pulling legs but destructive sarcasm and biting Irony is wasted on me.

quote:
So Satan is not 'evil' then as everything Satan has done was ordained by god; god created him with the capacity to rebel.

In my opinion YES you are right Satan is no more evil trhat anyone else who rebels against God. His ability to wreck havoc is greater but in a way he is about the same as anyone else who conciously fights against love and kindness and decency.

quote:
If God did this on purpose this means that what we call 'evil' comes from god and is therefore 'good'

I would not think so. This is the nature and the very heart of free will it can and does create Good and evil. Lets put it in a way that you relate to./ I assume you have been brought up in an avarage home. Love your folks but yoiu may or may not lie them. YOu could at any given time go out and buy a chainsaw and masacre them .or help them trim their trees.... One choice would,  in my universe(opinion) make you eviul the other would not.

quote:
If he didnt do it on purpose then he is obviously not as intelligent as you make him out to be?

Are you serious. If you believe in God then do you think he is intelligent. Hello.......[;)]
I take this as a quib and an attempt to bait me or ...whatever.

quote:
If he did it out of nececety, as perhaps the universe can only exist with a balance of good and evil, this implies that god is not omnipotent as he cannot create a universe (or people) without evil.

You know Douglas you seem to be a pretty smart guy. Some of your posts impress me....not this one[:)] Just becourse you decide to not step; on an ant does that mean you are not able to and trhe ant is stronger than  you????

quote:
But if he is god an ominpotent why isnt it possible for him to create a pefectly good universe with perfect people in it?

It is but .......he apparently did not want that. He seems to want peoiple to come to him by choice. Thats all.????

quote:
Because he wanted to give us free will? however, if he can do anything, he could give us free will but create such good beings that could never conceive of doing anything bad, but he hasnt, because he cannot?

Huh ......... I am not getting you[:)]

Have a nice day Douglas

Regards Mustardseed

Coffee

Mustardseed Mustardseed Mustardseed Mustardseed:

Remind me - why did God create an imperfect universe?  And why is it up to us to repent for it?

Mustardseed

Coffea Coffea Coffea Coffea

How should I know!!!! Are you perfect? ........I dont think so. I would guess ....Guess mind you, that he has his reasons and that his reasons is way above ours, I would also guess that if he is God he is wayyyyyy ahead of someone who calls themselves Coffea Gandalf and Mustardseed and derives their experiences fromn talking to a bunch of people on a Chat board that they know next to nothing about. What do you think?

In the future my condecending little friend....... be nice okay. At least give it a try, otherwise you will find people talking to them the way you talk to them.[;)]

Regards Mustardseed

xander

quote:
Originally posted by Mustardseed

I would guess ....Guess mind you, that God has his reasons and that his reasons is way above ours,

Well if he is going to hold me to a contract I know nothing about and didn't sign then he better be ready to explain himself or I will banish him with no more afterthought than when I banish a neg.

Oh and.....Hitler, Genghis Kahn, Ceaser, Stalin, etc all had their reasons. Their reasons didnt amount to much when the people around them heard thier inner voices cry foul and then decided to do something about it.

Xander

xander

quote:
Originally posted by Coffee

Have any of you ever had any experience with God or Satan that would prove the existance of either one of them?

Much of what gets called satan is stupidity or fear on the part of humans. the word Satan means "adversary" so I geuss one could say that since mustardseed is my adversary he is then Satan.

no wonder he wants us to buy into the whole sin thing.

Xander

Mustardseed

Xander, I just got a great idea......have you ever considered stand up comedy.. You would be a blast[;)]

I would sure pay to see you have a go at the, stupid Christians. You could get some shaving cream and do the "foaming at the mouth"
rutine, I bet it would be great.

Good luck with your highschool examen ( or was it junior high [:X])

Regards Mustardseed

Coffee

Mustardseed-

As much as you post, I thought you would be doing more than guess work.  If you don't take your posts seriously then why do you post?

Xander-
Very clever but this conversation has nothing to do with sin.  It does have something to do with Astral Projection; do you have anything to say abouut that?  Or are you foaming at the mouth?

Mustardseed

Hi Coffea
How are you today. Just to assure you I do take my posts seriously[;)], however once in a while people come in to a very serious conversation with some short remark, often with some condecending remark irony etc and derails the entire process, and subject "line". (that would be you [;)]) I then find myself answering them in the same tone, and though it is off subject and quite lame and nonproductive , it does bring some comical relief. I find the you have previously steered this and others conversation this way, as has Xander. If that is the way you are used to discussing things, you only confirm in my mind that you indeed are very young and not interested in other points of view than your own. This post might enrage you both for another tirade of sarcasm, and i will probably answer that one as well[;)][;)], thats how "mature" I am. Ha. Anyway might I suggest that you try to make your posts longer and let us all know what is really on your mind. This particular part of the forum is actually for discussion of such topics as sin , in case you would rather doscuss Astral travl. you might wanna go to Astral Chat.

Regards Mustardseed

Coffee

Mustardseed:

you are beating a dead horse.  Furthermore, religion and Astral Travel are inseperable and they always have been.

Maybe we should give you your own section in the forum: we'll call it "mustardseed's feelings" and I won't read it, because I'm not interested in your feelings.   If you want to talk about ideas, I'm interested in ideas.  Even other people's ideas.  

If I make people mad with my ideas then hopefully they spend some time thinking about them.  Then, if I am wrong, they will address my ideas in the forum and try to make me think.  

Or they can call me names the way a mature person would.

Mustardseed

Hi Coffea

Maybe I am beating a dead horse. If you thereby indicate that you do not want to read posts from me that is. But I have a feeling you will read this one!!

I know how YOU feel, your juvenile comments show it with tremendous clarity. I know what you are really after as well Coffea, the hot debate, the exchanges of clever wits the cutting sarcastic remarks and the feeling of.....ha that will get him. But in all that you show yourself very lacking of any real depth. Just a shallow and insecure individual, who believes that by provoking, agressing and getting ..."in their face" he will make people think.[:(]

All most people have to say to you after a couple of exchanges of opinion is .......ok my friend....have it your way....... WHATEVER[;)]

Your posts bring nothing to this forum Coffea......nothing.

Enjoy your life

Mustardseed

Coffee

MS-

All I have done is question where you get your information, and why you believe it.  If that is all it takes to get in your face, I'd hate to run into you in the real world.  If I asked you those questions in person would you cry?  Run away?  Lash out with violence?  

You've never answered any of those questions.  Just like most people, you don't know why you believe things.  You just guess, you said it your self.

But you  will continue to call me a poo-poo booger eater until...well, until...it doesn't matter.  Because we've all been called poo-poo booger eaters and that never stopped anybody, not even satan or jesus.  Let me express how clever I am with two emoticons: [;)][;)]

Now let me express my sadness: [:(]

Anyways, some people come to forums like this not to validate the opinions they already have, but to find answers to questions.  

So let's start over.  I ask the question, the only question you have an answer to, and you post an answer.

MS; am I a poo-poo booger eater?

Now you tell me all about it.