A very good site regarding religious tolerance

Previous topic - Next topic

Kodemaster

I think everyone should have a look at this site; the address is simply:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/

From what I can see it's very good, although I'm no expert in validating the info or anything like that.

Jen
JenX
Choose empathy. It costs nothing.
Curious about #Welsh? https://www.youtube.com/@JenXOfficialEDM Learn with us!

Leo Volont

Actually Religious Tolerance is the First and Favorite Weapon for Atheism's Attack on Religion.  The Free Masons of the French Revolution, those great Haters of Religion, invented Religious Tolerance.

Why?

To say that all Religions are Equally True is logically the same as saying All Religions are Equally False.

It encourages the notion that All Religions are Man Made Creations and NOT Divine Revelations.

Also, Religious Toleration must run into the practical problem of reconciling doctrinal inconsistencies.  For instance, Christianity supports the notion that by Murdering Messiahs its adherents are then justified in sinning all they want because they have the automatic Dispensation of Salvation.  Every Higher Moral Religion must be appalled at the violation of Ethics involved in supposing that Benefits can be accrued by Human Sacrifice, and then outraged that any Religion would advocate a policy of Free Sin.   and then Islam has a problem with its Ubiquitous Sword.  Hinduism has its Racist Chaste System.

slernach

Quote from: Leo Volont on October 21, 2006, 20:45:15

To say that all Religions are Equally True is logically the same as saying All Religions are Equally False.

That is a good point, and the website must be thinking along the same lines.  On the homepage under the "definitions, mottos, etc." topic the article actually reads "Religious tolerance does not require you: To accept all religions as equally true."

So it seems to be a legitimate fear of the website.

Awakened_Mind

I think it's true that all religions expose partial truth of a divine revelation.

-AM
Truth exists beyond the dimension of thought.