The religious meaning of the Astral

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistic-Idan

The Astral is one of the seven known skies/planes.
It must have a religious meaning!
What do you know about it? Was it mentioned in one of the sacred books of the Bible?
DiAbOLiX

Gandalf

I'm afraid it doesnt have any 'religious meaning' by itself.. of course people are free to interpret this region of consciousness via whatever religious beliefs they have, or via none.

Whatever yanks your chain.

Douglas

PS the 'seven planes thing' is also just one 'interpretation' of the areas of consciousness beyond the physical.. and there are many other interpretations out there.
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Mistic-Idan

In the jewish religion - the spiritual planes are interpreted as skies.
It is said that the last sky (plane) - also called in the buddhism - The buddhic plane, Is the paradise!
DiAbOLiX

Rastus

Sounds like the Kaballah teachings and the tree of life.  There are nothing wrong with the teachings.  The 'seven planes' classically all exist in the 4th dimension.  Since we are now existing in the 3/4/5 Dimension, a part of you is in fact there now.  Let go of the anchor of 3D and re-connect with all of you.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Mistic-Idan

I agree.
Something that happened to me today was a great religious conversation with one of my friends that made me change many decisions in my life.
So we talked about that, and he told me about how to be saint and pure and what I should do, all the commandemants etc. It's really hard to keep saving all those rules about the kosher/unkosher, saving Shabbat etc, but when you think about that - an Astral projection is exactly like a code in PC games.
It lets you enter secret parts of the reality without being saint or too religious. So, what do you have to say now? How may that be such an easy way (Code) to enter to a sacred other reality? it's already +1/7 way to the paradis.
DiAbOLiX

Rastus

Religion is a construct of man.  God/Spirit does not impose such limits upon us, we impose them upon ourselves.  Are the neccessary?  For some people, yes.  For others, not at all.  Are 6000 old dietary laws needed now?  Again for many people no, but others get strength from the acts.  The same goes for fasting.

Ceremony is something we do to help us mentally prepare ourselves, it is not something God/Spirit requires.  We require it of ourselves.

Define Paradise?  No 2 people have the same concept, so what is it for you?  Most peoples description is painfully dull to me...

Now to the premise of your post.  No, there is no simple 'Code' to enter and astrally cheat your way into paradise.  Your already in paradise, you just won't see it.  How's that for Cosmic irony?  What your seeking is with you now, can you connect to it?  Don't seek outward, that's a trapping of religion again:  All religions have you seperate from God/Spirit.  Seek inward, for what you truly are, and be all that you ARE.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Mistic-Idan

Quote from: RastusCeremony is something we do to help us mentally prepare ourselves, it is not something God/Spirit requires.  We require it of ourselves.

Now to the premise of your post.  No, there is no simple 'Code' to enter and astrally cheat your way into paradise.  Your already in paradise, you just won't see it.

Let me crrect it - We are not in paradis.
We are actually imprisoned inside a physical body, The spirit has just one interes and it's to be purified so it can go up to rest in the paradis - The greatest place ever.

The world is a prison for our souls and we are being tested of how much can we resist to our bad provocations.
DiAbOLiX

Rastus

We make our own realites, and our own prisons.  If that is your reality, then you make it so.  God/Spirit would never impose those restrictions.

For me, Heavan is on Earth, it just took me a long time to realise that...

beavis

Its not paradise. I put up with a lot of crap to be here.

Moonburn33

In my neck of the woods, The astral represents the world of synthesis and gestalt functioning (the whole is greater than the sum of its parts).  It's the world where things gain their own existence.
as below, so above

Tyciol

You wish it did. Maybe it's your religion that's out of place ;) Make your beliefs fit reality, not realities fit your belief.

Moonburn33

Who were you talking in response to?
as below, so above

MisterJingo

Our experience of body, external reality and its boundaries are recreated in the mind. What you perceive as 'outside yourself' is actually you looking at a creation of your mind based on some form of stimulus (truly external? The interpretation of interference patterns which form reality?) which is interpreted into the various senses. So we exist within our minds always. In this context might not the body be but a prison based upon the belief itself in the body? Or does the body hold some greater reality outside of our senses which we interpret as the form we currently inhabit? I feel the same as the poster who says we are in paradise right now. Just because we are currently focused on this locale of consciousness (physical) doesn't means we cant move awareness to other areas including that 'paradise' at will. Perhaps our believed certainty of knowledge in this reality and its rules is what is keeping us from doing that right now. Meditation, energy work, AP etc perhaps leads to an erosion of the 'mundane' physical reality belief system (over time) until we might finally escape it and truly experience this greater knowledge/reality?

Moonburn33

I'm sitting in my underwear, listening to amon tobin and eating something akin to cocoapuffs right now.

I don't do any of these things because they're real.
as below, so above