Soul seeds- rebirth- I want to know more..

Previous topic - Next topic

patelvipulk

I grew up in Easten part of the world before moving to the USA 20 yrs ago.
Many Eastern relegion believes in life after death ( reincrnation) and the law of Karma
There is a verty nice book by a spiritual master  these subject  titled
Life beyond Phyiscal death  and The absolute law of Karma which can be downloaded from:
http://www.awgp.org/gamma/LiteratureEnglish
Recently , there are a lot of reseacherers in West  taking interest in the subject after a reputed  US doctor Dr. Brain Weiss  ( www.brianweiss.com) wrote some best sellers ( many lifes  many masters and a few more).

Also, it is belived in Eastern relegions that when a soul find a new body ( rebirth), the Karmas  left from past lives are carreid forward to the next life to explain  likes, dislikes and overall personality  of a new born and the unexpected circumstances that comes to ones life.  ( Theory of Karma). Also, there are many explanations found in terms of " Samskaras"  (  personality seeds) and how they stay with the travelling souls.

I am not an expert on Eastern relegions and have almost no knowlege of western relegions.  I am not writing this to  hurt or challange anyone's relegious beliefs. But I am curious on the subject.

Could you please write more on this subject?
I would be intersted in more references on the subject.

Vipul Patel, Allentown, PA USA

CFTraveler

You wrote: 
QuoteI am not writing this to  hurt or challange anyone's relegious beliefs. But I am curious on the subject.

Could you please write more on this subject?
I would be intersted in more references on the subject.
I am not sure what the question is- did you want opinions from westeners about the theories of karma/reincarnation, or did you want information about other belief systems and their ideas on life after death?

patelvipulk

Other belief systems and ideas of what happens to soul after death from western relegions..
I am not an expern on eastern relgions and my exposure i limited mainly ot Hinduism.  So I appriciate someone sharing ideas from other Eastern relagions also.

CFTraveler

Well, my religion is not typical of Christianity, but is a form of christianity.  I am a Unity Christian, also known as metaphysical christian or practical christian (coined in the '30s).  We have 5 principles: (not in order- I'm winging this)
God is omnipotent and eternal-
God is active everywhere.
God is in us.
God is Good, so we are inherently good.
We manifest God by creating our reality.  It is our nature.

Everything that Unity teaches derives from these principles.  We consider ourselves students of these principles, as taught to us by Jesus Christ.  We consider him a fully realized human being- that is he was able to manifest God in physical reality, and yet as man.
As to life after (or between) death, we do not believe in eternal damnation (hell.) We believe that we are here on earth to manifest God; that is to live life with the knowledge that God wants the best for everyone and everything.
As to reincarnation, transmigration, etc.  We do not have set beliefs about it .  We let the individual make up their minds what they want to believe, even if they want to believe in life after death is optional.  We consider the Kingdom of God to be a state, not a place.  But that is a personal thing.  We try to concentrate on the here and now.
As for the idea of  karma, (instant or in the context of many lives) we look at the Lord's Prayer for guidance:  "Forgive our debts as we forgive our debtors."  This sounds a lot like the traditional theory of karma (cause and effect) but the important element is forgiveness- if you apply love to the problem, there can be no negative karma.
Some Unity people (me included) believe in multidimensional existence, that is, similar to reincarnation, but disregarding space-time- that our soul/spirit/selves are living many lives at once; we don't think spacetime applies to our soul- so that even though our sensory perception is limited to linear space-time information, our souls are having all these experiences, some physical, some not.  So what we think of as in the future are in the now (if such a thing is possible in a nonlocal existence). This opens up a new line of enquiry so I'll leave it be for now.
So as some Unity people say:  The Christ presence in me salutes the Christ presence in you.
btw we are not New Age- we don't believe in many things New Age traditions do.

patelvipulk

Thanks you very much. This was  a great expalantion.
I grew up in a Hinu Tradition respecting teachings from all relegions and accepting founders of all relegions as enlighened , God realized beings.  Till two years ago, I did not realize how many differnt belef system within Chritianity were. Due to media coverage, I thought that  Pop is one of the enlightened saint in Chiritanity and so from a Trip to  Vetican City, I bought some soveniors for my Chiritian freinds at work whom I thought were relegious and regular church goers. And Boy! what mistake it was....