News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Backspace = Browser Back Button

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomName

Hey no leaf, I am pretty sure this is a small bug in windows that can be a huge pain in the butt. I have seen this happen to my WHOLE internet browser system. Best I can offer is restarting your computer. Its like your right and left mouse-clicks flipflopping for a second, its not very problematic but it gets VERY ANNOYING VERY FAST.

no_leaf_clover

Ah, I've had that one, too, especially on my desktop. I (left) double-click a program and the its properties are displayed. Guess it's better than when my mouse freezes completely, though (which also happens).
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Tao

Squeek

No, that's not the best solution Tao  :p

Internet Explorer has MANY shortcut keys (I would know... I use them all).  Backspace ANYWHERE BUT in a text field will take you back one page.  So, make sure you still have the cursor in your text field before you hit backspace... otherwise, you'll go "back to start!"

(If you wanna know some others that may help you out a bit...)

Control + Backspace = delete entire word.
Control + Arrow keys = select entire word.
Control + C = Copy.
Control + X = Cut.
Control + V = Paste.
Shift + Arrow Keys = SELECT individual letter.
Shift + Control + Arrow Keys = SELECT individual word.

Click twice in the same spot relatively fast = select individual word.

Click thrice in the same spot relatively fast = select entire paragraph (sometimes just sentences, sometimes entire posts...)

These help me all the time... hope they help ya!

~Squeek

PS - With your mouse situation... I find it easier to change your click settings to single click :)

no_leaf_clover

Arg! I was almost done typing up this message and it happened again! When I hit backspace, there's a good chance that for some reason, instead of deleting text, IE backs up a page, and on some of these occasions my message totally vanishes when I hit the Forward button to come back to my message. Is there somewhere I can reconfigure what keys are assigned to the different functions in IE?
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?