News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Search doesnt work

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

I had similar problems yesterday using the search.... Same error message.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

nrishiraj

FistOfFury

I get the same error message for a long time now, everytime I use it, and for any kind of search......

beavis

i think i got a similar or the same error when i tried the same search a few weeks and a few months ago

Rastus

And today as well.  I think the timeout needs to be 60+ seconds,not 30 it seems to take to timeout?  The default search time is "all", but can be a large querry on a shared databse machine with 100,000 posts.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Sygmoral

quote:
Originally posted by Rastus

And today as well.  I think the timeout needs to be 60+ seconds,not 30 it seems to take to timeout?  The default search time is "all", but can be a large querry on a shared databse machine with 100,000 posts.

What, - does this forum actually scan every post for the word??.. Really? Or is that a guess?
Most forums have a seperate database table with all the words that occur in the whole forum, and link a number of posts to each word... searches go quite quickly like that.
(you hear me coming - phpBB does it that way)

Sygmoral

Rastus

I don't know, that's my point.  But the ODBE error comes at the 30 second timeout mark.  Narrowing the search parameters doesn't help the querry, so maybe it's disabled?  Or the server is overloaded (I get the impression it's shared hosting?
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

Adrian

Greetings everyone.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I will investigate this issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

beavis

I still get the same error. When or if will this be fixed?

beavis

I have a cable modem. The timout is a server problem. Are my old posts going to be lost forever? Please fix this problem.

beavis

Every time I search for "telekinesis" by user beavis, I get an error...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e31'

Timeout expired

/forums/search.asp, line 373

But if I search for "the" by beavis, I get a list of topics 58 pages long.