Trouble with password after "extreme makeover"

Previous topic - Next topic

Hypernicus

I had trouble logging in today after Astralpulse got new layout.
Finally after many hours I'm in, and it feels great :)

Nay

Novice

QuoteI had to log in twice, then I got in!

Same here runlola. The first time I accessed it I had to log in twice to get in. But now it logs me in automatically. So I'm guessing it was some kind of password verification thing for the new site.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Adrian

Hello everyone,

The first time you login you might be asked for your password twice; it is a security measure.

It does seem sensitive to Internet Explorer for some reason. If that happens use Firefox if you have it. If you don't it is well worth installing; you can use either browser then.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

malganis

now i have to log in every time i enter the site. Before i was always logged in.
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Novice

When you log in next time, there should be a place that you can check or select (forget which it is) to stay logged in forever or by session or something like that. Enter your username and password, then select whatever is close to the "forever" session before hitting enter. That should automatically log you in each time as before.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

Kallas

Yea i have the same problem as malganis, every time i log in, box checked or not, i have to re log in next time i come. Im on a mac using safari if this changes anything.

edit::: wait scrap that... turns out that although it still say welcome guest on the main screen... (forum index) as soon as i click on a forum it shows me as logged in untill i go back to the index screen. So no real problem that i cant live with.  :-D

malganis

Quote from: Kallas on July 18, 2006, 01:51:12
edit::: wait scrap that... turns out that although it still say welcome guest on the main screen... (forum index) as soon as i click on a forum it shows me as logged in untill i go back to the index screen. So no real problem that i cant live with.  :-D

same with me. Thanks for telling that or i would be still clicking on login (with empty boxes).
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Kallas