News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Recent posts

Quote from: Traveler_2649 on Yesterday at 16:50:36I found the forum a few months ago, but decided to join to maybe ask for advice.

I've been doing the Gateway Tapes, hatha yoga, chakra meditation, and yoga nidra with some results, but I want to refine my techniques. The information here is great and looks promising. I'm glad this forum seems to cover all the bases in a constructive way.

I feel like I've stagnated in my progress lately, but I'm trying to not get discouraged. I try to avoid trying the same techniques over and over, so as to not "burn out" from lack of progress.

Welcome to the Astral Pulse forums. Here you will find a wealth of information going back 22 years on these subjects. Everyone here is very committed to inner exploration and very happy to help with any questions etc.

I cannot add much to the excellent advice already given, but I highly recommend you take a look at the Frank Kepple resources page compiled by Xanth:

Frank Kepple Phasing Resources

QuoteWhere would you suggest I look door learning more about pranayama and yogic breathing?

I can help you if you like. I have taught and practiced for decades.

A good way to begin is with a simple puraka ( in-breath ) and recheka ( out-breath ). Bringing awareness into the full length of the inhale and full length of the exhale. After a few breaths, as you follow the inhale, begin to bring more awareness into the very end/top of the breath -- feel the sensation there. Repeat this process with the exhale. Do 3 rounds of 8 breaths. This is a passive exercise. You are just bringing awareness into inhale, exhale and ends of the breath.

After you finish the 3 rounds, if you would like to keep going, the next step is to actively extend the ends of the breath, by feeling the sensation right there at the very tips and deliberately inhaling/exhaling a little more. The idea is to extend ( not by pushing but ) by relaxing.

Note: an additional element -of breathing in general- is opening into both the front and back body. So when you breathe, let the torso be like a balloon *a balloon that expands equally to the front and back with each inhale, and contracts in toward the spine with each exhale.

This is a very good way to begin.

It will acquaint you with your breath and rest as a most excellent foundation for more complex breathing patterns.

Anytime you would like instruction on how to build your practice, I am here. We could even pop onto a Zoom.

These are 3 breaths that I both teach and practice regularly >>

Quote from: omcasey on Yesterday at 21:04:58Hello, Traveler_2649

I come to where I am now ( a seasoned OBEr ) through practice disciplines also.

My only focus the first few decades was to know the self -not to astral travel / go out of body or even anything else. The reason I am saying this is because I wish to say to you that IF, or so long as you are doing your practice(s) then there is never any stagnation. You are going deeper into those disciplines and they are preparing you inevitable climax moments. Do you keep a log of your practices / meditations? I would suggest it, it will keep you observing more than you might otherwise, and also serve as a record you can look back on to remind yourself of how much actually is taking place. It is so interesting how when we are not making the logs we can have the tendency to think to ourselves that nothing is really happening, when that thought could actually not be any further away from the truth. I have blown my mind with this observation so many times it now just makes me laugh. I like your array of practices, these are very good, notably meditation ( and more notably silent sitting meditation ) and the yoga nidra. You might think of adding an energy practice, such as pranayama, yogic breathing, and bring a few patterns into your array. Tratak ( conscious gazing, candle flame gazing, etc. ) could be very helpful to you as well.

I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Casey

I have a journal that I keep for AP meditations, and a separate dream journal.

Where would you suggest I look door learning more about pranayama and yogic breathing?
Heya!  Welcome to the Pulse. :)
We'll get you all situated nicely and projecting in no time. ;)

Quote from: Traveler_2649 on Yesterday at 16:50:36I found the forum a few months ago, but decided to join to maybe ask for advice.

I've been doing the Gateway Tapes, hatha yoga, chakra meditation, and yoga nidra with some results, but I want to refine my techniques. The information here is great and looks promising. I'm glad this forum seems to cover all the bases in a constructive way.

I feel like I've stagnated in my progress lately, but I'm trying to not get discouraged. I try to avoid trying the same techniques over and over, so as to not "burn out" from lack of progress.

Hello, Traveler_2649

I come to where I am now ( a seasoned OBEr ) through practice disciplines also.

My only focus the first few decades was to know the self -not to astral travel / go out of body or even anything else. The reason I am saying this is because I wish to say to you that IF, or so long as you are doing your practice(s) then there is never any stagnation. You are going deeper into those disciplines and they are preparing you inevitable climax moments. Do you keep a log of your practices / meditations? I would suggest it, it will keep you observing more than you might otherwise, and also serve as a record you can look back on to remind yourself of how much actually is taking place. It is so interesting how when we are not making the logs we can have the tendency to think to ourselves that nothing is really happening, when that thought could actually not be any further away from the truth. I have blown my mind with this observation so many times it now just makes me laugh. I like your array of practices, these are very good, notably meditation ( and more notably silent sitting meditation ) and the yoga nidra. You might think of adding an energy practice, such as pranayama, yogic breathing, and bring a few patterns into your array. Tratak ( conscious gazing, candle flame gazing, etc. ) could be very helpful to you as well.

I look forward to seeing you around the board.

Casey
Welcome to the Pulse, Traveler! Lumaza gave you some great suggestions. Please explore the past content of this forum. Remember that perseverance will bring you results. Give each technique you pick enough time to see if it works for you and practice it daily consistently.
If nothing that others suggest work, perhaps you can read William Buhlman's books and try his techniques. The only technique that works for me is his visualization/motion technique. Give it a try, but practice it EVERY night AS you fall asleep for 10-15 min for at least 4 weeks.
 Hello and Traveler and welcome to the Astral Pulse!  :-) 

All the techniques, the Binaural/Isochronic Tones, the Hemi-Sync the Yoga, basically everything has one thing in common and that is, to teach you how to "release" your physical focus on this physical reality here. Once you find a way that works for you to do this, you will see that all that is left is, the non-physical realities.

Tom Campbell once said "The NPRS (non-physical realities) are just a simple shift in focus away. It is we, that get in the way of that natural process".

I wrote a thread called the "Doorway" that has some ideas for you. My tech uses a simple focus on geometric shapes and "mental motion". Practice and patience will lead you to finally one day "persevere"!
https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome-to-astral-consciousness!/the-doorway/

Every single one of the "Stickies" in the "Welcome to Astral Consciousness" subforum and tried and true!
https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome-to-astral-consciousness!/

I found the forum a few months ago, but decided to join to maybe ask for advice.

Quote from: LightBeam on May 27, 2024, 10:04:02So, in conclusion, the multiverse is so incredible that our human imagination cant even imagine it. The diversity of types of existence, types of personas and beings is so vast, actually infinite. And that just blows my mind. It's a little frustrating because I want to know it all. And in some level I do, just like all of us. But if we stay in a timeless state of all knowing (from the highest perspective of All That Is) everything becomes static. There is no amazement of new discoveries. That is the reason All That Is expresses itself and cloaks infinite personalities in filters so it can keep rediscovering itself from infinite points of views and experience the emotions of amazement and exhilaration of "new" discoveries and explorations. 
Excellent post Lightbeam. I have really enjoyed reading your posts recently!

The quoted statement above is exactly why I never change the destination I find myself in. There is always an adventure, quest, test or challenge awaiting, no matter where you find yourself.

A few weeks ago, in a NPR, via a LD, I found myself in what was either a parallel universe or some kind of "time travel". Another lady and I were chosen from a group of people to get on some kind of lift. It had handlebars on the front of it and looked like some kind of flat skiff. We climbed onto it and found ourselves travelling forward at an incredible rate of speed into some kind of portal or vortex. It had the spinning and color swirls as well.

When we finally arrived at our destination, I we saw that we were in some kind of futuristic world. There was a lot of white around, white walls and tech gadgets everywhere. My lucidity was very good, I was well aware that I was not asleep in my bed anymore.

To cut this short, I asked a number of questions and was shocked to see that each of them was answered. When I awoke, I knew the answers to those questions, but as usual, the later it got into the day, the more of the memory I had lost. This lady there was kind of my "stewardess" for the trip. She talked about how they had abolished Cancer and other diseases. I then asked her if there was not illness, how old do you guys live to. She then directed me to a window and said see that lady there, (there was a woman outside of the lawn). She said, she is 162 years old. To me, she looked like she was in her 50's.

It was an incredible adventure and when I awoke, I felt great all day. It was aa very positive experience.
That's a nice experience. You remind me of something I read yesterday in the Urantia book. It says God is not, "hiding" from us. It's just that we can't imagine God. Or, not imagine but that we can not truly see God.

God is experiential and the way we define God as mortals on this realm doesn't seem to matter so much- words and understanding have many layers. But the book says no human can witness God and survive being human. And this notion is backed by other religious text.

So when you say, "the multiverse is so incredible that our human imagination cant even imagine it." I would say I agree. But what an experience you had, which is Faith-affirming in its own. And that's what matters.

Kind regards
~tides
&
      dust~