what made you believed in the 2012 phenomena/theory?

Previous topic - Next topic

mon9999

what is it about 2012 that you are really convinced that something will happen? and for those skeptics what is it that made you skeptical about this 2012 phenomena?

Harrif

I'm not really convinced that anything will happen. Skeptics point here would probably be that there has always been prophets of the end of the world, each claiming that world will end a few years from now.. but so far they all have been wrong. The little skeptic in me thinks that this time will not be any different.

But, there are some convincing facts around this time. The Mayan calender ending being one of those. Their accuracy has been so amazing and our 'educated' researchers still seem to learn new things from it, or new things which have been in the calendar all along.. is there a reason why it ends 2012? Other than that, there are a lot of other things too. I've read some channelings from over 10 years ago, which seem to point about the same time as a time of great change, a crossover. Although they didn't mention the 2012 by year the timing seems to be right. Of course these channelings could have been manufactured with the end of Mayan calender in mind.

If something will happen, I haven't convinced myself what that something would be. There are so many stories going around, each one from more 'reliable' source than the last. Many have almost the same story, with different twists. One claiming the other source a liar, or recommending one to do just the opposite as the other and so on. There is so much fuzz about this thing, that I wouldn't be surprised if something were to happen, but if nothing does happen I won't be too disappointed.

My view of this subject is, we'll see when/if it happens. There is some time left still, so maybe we'll get a lot more information personal and objective as the event gets closer. Still, interesting times.

-Harrif

Oblivion

Well firstly I just found it all interesting and just read all about it. My interest in things like this started about 9 years ago when I started to get the 11:11 phenomenon:

http://www.examiner.com/x-11705-NY-Holistic-Body--Spirit-Examiner~y2009m8d3-Have-you-seen-the-1111-time-prompt-phenomenon-yet

I wasn't even on the internet at the time but after getting the internet I decided to research about 11:11 and that got me into all sorts of other things such as 2012 and even astral projection etc.
The more and more I read and the more videos I watched on the subject the more it seemed to all click into place, I didn't just take the word of people I would go out of my way to corroborate what was being said. I even started to look into the Bible, Mythology, astrology and even science. If you check science and all the latest theory's and findings you will see that science is slowly catching up with the metaphysical.

The thing is when you assimilate so much information from so many different sources and so many different places and people it starts to paint a picture, you realise it's a huge jigsaw puzzle slowly being put together. Information from one source will make you remember something you've read somewhere else and you realise "oh yeh! I get it now! it fits together!".

My latest jaw dropping moment was a couple of months ago. I always considered the 11:11 phenomenon and 2012 as separate things, it wasn't until I found out that the winter solstice on 21st December 2012 occurs at 11:11am UTC that I realised what the 11:11 message was all about.

I also don't believe in coincidence so much, is it coincidence that a womans menstrual period lasts roughly the same length of time as the Moons orbit around the Earth? is it coincidence that the Earth is roughly 26000 lightyears from the Galactic centre and the precession of the equinoxes lasts 26000 years? is it coincidence that the Moon is in a perfect position to cover the sun in a solar eclipse? is it coincidence that the Sun pole shifts every 11 years and the next solar pole shift is in 2012? is it coincidence that several major civilisation in ancient times (Mayans/Tibetan/Vedics) had a 2012 end date calendar and/or prophecy?

If nothing does happen in 2012 and nothing happens all the way up to 2016 then I will say this much................. I will eat my own shoe.

http://guideto2012.blogspot.com

CFTraveler

I'm skeptical of the whole 2012 thing because there is always someone saying the world is going to end soon, it's been happening since year 4, and it continues to happen.
What also bothers me is that what is behind the eschatological movements- which is desire.  The desire to see everything (and everyone else) end because they don't like the way they've lived their lives.
And third, the reason I don't believe in end-of the world theories, especially the 2012 one, it is because they are promulgated by people who have no knowledge of the original culture that created the calendar in the first place, and is based on either misinformation or misinterpretation.  Partially willful.

no_leaf_clover

I believed in 2012 as a symbol of a consciousness revolution when I experienced it myself.

It happened to me, it's happened to lots of other people I know or have met, it's happened all through the past but today in our information age it's happening to people more rapidly than ever and on a global scale.

Keep your thrones warm,  you will be needing them again soon!
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Oblivion

Quote from: CFTraveler on August 25, 2009, 13:05:38
I'm skeptical of the whole 2012 thing because there is always someone saying the world is going to end soon, it's been happening since year 4, and it continues to happen.
What also bothers me is that what is behind the eschatological movements- which is desire.  The desire to see everything (and everyone else) end because they don't like the way they've lived their lives.
And third, the reason I don't believe in end-of the world theories, especially the 2012 one, it is because they are promulgated by people who have no knowledge of the original culture that created the calendar in the first place, and is based on either misinformation or misinterpretation.  Partially willful.

What gets me is the amount of people who always attribute 2012 to the Mayan calendar as if the Mayan calendar is the only thing out there about 2012.

RESEARCH.