News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

a read for all

Previous topic - Next topic

Armed Response

I think you have a good point. I've had a good friend who was always doing crazy things for the sake of a laugh. His name was Bob DuAime. He had a lot of ideas, and even more energy to boot.
...Then he started doing drugs.
Nitrous oxide was his chosen poison. But it must have been tough for him to find time to shove a balloon in his mouth while he was too busy consuming other drugs. LSD, pot, opium, vikodin, xanax, perkiset, and loads of the club drug ecstacy. I heard he even started SELLING drugs at one point. I swear to God that I even saw him trying to get crack cocaine once, and heroin another time.
His girlfrend left him. He got arrested. He lost his apartment. Now he just sits in his uncle's apartment all day. He even BELIEVES he can FLY lately. I'm not joking around. And it doen't seem like he's joking around either these days. And to think I kissed this man. Seriously.
Anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is, just because things seem to all be in good fun, doesn't mean you should parade around like you're invincable. Have a little consideration, before your life falls apart like Bob's did. I can't see any possibility of ANYBODY being his friend for 10 years.
Also, 4,844,676,088.

fredhedd

i belive that everyone would agree that there is this invisble veil when trying to communicate on the internet, especially to people that you don't know very well or that you have never met before, that makes it hard to get your personality across.

it's very hard to get across emotions, emphasis and especially sarcasm through any type of text.  there is always that feeling of not knowing if what you wrote is going to be taken the wrong way or not when writing something that has some of your personality in it.  there is also that feeling of not knowing if you are going to offend anyone or not.  

the other perspective shows that maybe you don't know how someone else is coming across.  maybe you don't know if  you should feel offended by something or if you should be laughing at what you think is a sarcastic remark.  we can't sit and type every feeling, or emphasize where we would like to  for every sentence, EXCEPT FOR THE CAPS.  even then, who can be sure it wasn't meant to yell instead of emphasize differently.  smiley faces seem to be suffecient.  i know that when i do type something along the lines of ' i was just kidding,  ' or ' not to offend,'  that i feel that i'm being fake because i would never say anything like that to someone that i was talking to unless  it was an extreme condition, and i feel better typing on here if i can think of people instead of just screen names.

myself, and i'm sure many others on here have a great personality and i would like to be able to address everyone on the forum, and would like to be addressed as we have been friends for ten years.   it should be known that there isn't anyone on this forum that wants to offend anyone in anyway.  

i've recently made a few responses to some posts that could have been taken the wrong way if i hadn't said i was kidding.  when i type that it makes me feel further away.  i believe every response should be heard and not read.  if you were to imagine a friend of ten years sitting next to you saying the words that you were reading, it may make for a better interpretation.  feeling comfortable and uninhibited makes for a very nice atmosphere.  i say let the words and the love fly.

fred