News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Volunteers to run a PayPal account to collect donations

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

While I realize that there are many people who would like to buy Adrian's e-book who cannot afford it, I think there are also people who might be able to add $1 or $2 or whatever to a fund to pay for copies for other people. When the fund goes over the cost of the book then the person at the top of the waiting list gets the next copy. This would be especially helpful where currency exchange rates are multiplying the cost of the book several times over. The problem is that someone would have to set up the PayPal account and the waiting list and decide who has the greatest need of the donated e-books. The current moderators already have enough to do. Maybe there are some people who are being considered for moderator positions who might be able to do this instead? Maybe someone who feels particularly strongly about this will volunteer? I'll just say right now that I'm not volunteering. :)

Scorpyn

While probably not intended that way, this is basically a form of a pyramid scheme. The more people that join the longer time it will take for it to pay off for everybody involved.

Example :

An item costs $10.
10 ppl add $1 each.

Now, 1 person has the item and the other 9 don't.

10 more ppl add $1, and now 2 ppl have the book but there are 18 ppl who don't.

For every book there will be 9 more ppl added to the queue - only the ppl joining early will be able to actually get a copy.

Tom

There was a reference in another thread to the cost of Adrian's e-book being 1/4 of a month's salary in some unspecified country. What I had in mind was putting someone at the top of the list from a country like this, and letting people contribute a little bit to spread the cost around. It is always a shock to me to hear about this kind of situation because most of the people around me have more money than I do.

no_leaf_clover

Correct me if I'm wrong but IPs can be traced to show exactly where in the world your ISP is running from to verify claimed localities and therefore help verify the value of American currency in that region of the world. I would think this would be basis for a reasonable way to appeal to Adrian himself in such a situation. It's none of my business but it's not like it would cost him anything either.

Otherwise, if the original idea can be prevented from becoming a pyramid scheme as Scorpyn pointed out, it would do. If I could contribute I most likely would. Problem is I'm too young to have a Paypal account, and my income will be pretty tight from me moving out by the time I can set one up. But yeah. :)
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Tom

It seems fair to me that Adrian should make some money from his book. What I'm trying to suggest is a way to make sure that Adrian gets paid and that people who really can't afford the book (particularly for reasons involving currency exchange rates) still have a possibility of reading a copy.

no_leaf_clover

QuoteIt seems fair to me that Adrian should make some money from his book.

He still would, following my suggestion. Likely he would make nearly the exact same amount of money either way, unless these people from the poorer countries overwhelmingly purchase his book regardless of how much money this is for them. What you're suggesting instead is that other people from this forum pay Adrian to get the e-book out to people in such situations.  

I suppose this boils down to a matter of opinion over whether you think we should help those in poorer economic climates while simultaneously getting Adrian his money, or let Adrian decide on this issue himself in regards to his e-book's availability to these people, but either option will have its monetary disadvtanges for someone. Only the disadvantages will be less for some than for others. This illustrates one of the many reasons as to why I do not like capitalism.

Again this crossing over into things that are really none of my business, and I respect that, but hopefully my point will be respected too, granted that there has been a lot lately to wear down the nerves of the moderators and administration here. Just my two cents anyway.
What is the sound of no leaves cloving?

Tom

No Leaf Clover, I definitely respect what you are saying. My only problem with it is that it is entirely based on disadvantages. The thing I am suggesting is that this is an opportunity to respond to the situation the way it is now with the virtue of generosity. The resulting good karma is a definite advantage and the people who benefit by having a copy made available this way would be particularly motivated to make the most use of the e-book.

Runlola, I like the idea of selling the e-book in pieces. Maybe Adrian will like it also.

Grigori

I just wanted to say that purchasing by chapter or section would be awesome!  :D

Souljah333

seems like there are so many creative options to solve this problem. the best being to break the book down into segments. paying for them as one can afford. or having a communal place to store the book that requires membership (at a discount). but then adrian/frank wouldn't make bank in that case. not as much. members of AP should definitely get a discount non the less!

there's that little story about canned beans. i don't know who started it but...
companies are selling canned beans for 2.99 a can, and making an incredible profit, but it's not an everyday purchase bcuz of the price...till one guys decides that instead of making 2.50 (lets say) profit per can...he'll lower the price to .88 cents. he makes less of a profit PER CAN, but outsells all the other bean books (sorry) bean cans. somehow within the scope of it all this fits in here. REALLY!  :roll:

i think the issue people have is that it's an "E-BOOK". it keeps being said that the price of the book(s) is "nominal" when in fact the price is pretty damn hefty, and it's the publishing costs that are nominal. it disillusions folks! charge less for the book...sell more. pretty simple i think.

NEW (again) MYSTICMYSFITS.COM

Adrian

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your comments and ideas.

First let me say that pricing the book was no easy matter, Many people wanted me to charge up to $97 for it on the basis that the average eBook offered on say Clickbank, and there are over 10,000 of them, cost up to $47 for 100 pages. Most eBooks cost $27 for between 50 - 100 pages most of which have plenty of white space.  As you know, my book has 686 pages, all full of writings.

Further I have to say that I know for a fact that most eBooks are low quality. They are often written by ghost writers or just thrown together from web pages and are full of errors. I know the top eBook publishers in the marketing business, and they have a policy that if they cannot think up an idea and get the book published in 30 days or less at $27+ per copy they will not do it at all.

My book is a publishing quality book and have been told so by many people who know. I spent 2 years writing, editing and formatting it as a top quality book that people would appreciate.

I can say that the feedback from peoplewho have bought the book has been phenomenal and very gratifying. That vindicates the time and effort I put into it.

I did not write the book for profit, I wrote is as the definitive work on all of these important matters. However, it has to have a value, and I believe that $37 including the bonuses is the right balance of value and no one has disagreed with me except for those who say I am crazy for selling it for such a low price.

Value and the means to afford it are different things entirely. We would all like things that we cannot afford. However, in my book, I teach that we can in fact have anything we can desire, anything at all, and that is true. I also describe exactly how to use Universal laws to attract anything you desire, and my book would be a good example.

I do realise of course that there are people in less well off countries that cannot afford $37 or even have the means by which to pay it. I get alot of email from such people and I deal with them on a case by case basis.

Thanks once again for your interest and for your views which I do value and take note of I assure you.

Best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas