Astral projection.for someone who has Aphantasia (cannot visualise anything)

Previous topic - Next topic

curiousone

Hey there,I have been lurking here since forever and I have gained a lot of knowledge,the problem is I have aphantasia (aka lack of mind's eye- I absolutely cannot visualise) (2 percent of population is born this way). All the tips,techniques for astral projection and phasing are techniques that utilise visualisation, so Can anyone give me other practical methods Nd techniques that do not require visualisation. NOTE- I do get the occasional lucid dream

baro-san

Relatively recently, I read, and liked, "Seeing With the Mind's Eye - The History, Techniques and Uses of Visualisation" by Mike Samuels, MD and Nancy Samuels, published 1975. Being older you might find it on the internet in pdf format.

I think that you could get something useful from that.
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Nameless

Go with other sensations. Feelings, that is don't try to visualize a roller coaster ride. Instead close your eyes and FEEL the wind in your hair, the smell of cotton candy, the sensation in your gut of moving up and down rapidly. All those things can help you. People just tend to focus on seeing but seeing is only one or your senses. Use any sense you want.

Another is to do something strenuous, then relax, sitting or lying down. Now feel your heart beat and follow it as it winds down into your chest. You have as rich a world inside as out.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

EscapeVelocity

One final question on visualization-Have you ever had a daydream?

There are other methods to consider as has just been suggested. The most common OBE exit sensations are not visual, but rather kinesthetic or tactile: Sensations of floating, sinking, rolling or swaying, any kind of movement up or down or side to side, front to back, especially coupled with a rhythmic sense; also vibrations. These sensations are often triggered during any form of induction technique. At the same time, audible sensations often occur such as the train roar, the hurricane roar, the helicopter roar or high pitched buzzing. None of these descriptions is exact to what is occurring, they are just the immediate associations our individual awareness makes to explain the sudden sensations as our awareness slowly disassociates from primary Physical Reality focus. For me they have been different nearly every time. Whatever sensation you get, just go with it and allow it to increase or change as far as you can follow it.

So your induction method may to be simply to get comfortable and relax as deeply as possible while observing the blackness or swirling colors behind your closed eyes. For me, this is greatly dependent on how tired my body is versus my consciousness, thus I prefer a middle of the night or early morning Wake Back To Bed technique. If the ratio of body/awareness relaxation is correct, in about twenty minutes you should perceive some kind of change- if not visually, then maybe kinesthetically or audibly. Let it develop as far as you can and follow the transitions.

Hope that helps.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Lumaza

Quote from: baro-san on September 23, 2018, 05:07:19
Relatively recently, I read, and liked, "Seeing With the Mind's Eye - The History, Techniques and Uses of Visualisation" by Mike Samuels, MD and Nancy Samuels, published 1975. Being older you might find it on the internet in pdf format.

I think that you could get something useful from that.
During the severe period of my Trigeminal Neuralgia years ago, I had to do just that. Learn to see with my "Mind's Eye". It was the only thing that didn't give me intense pain. To do that, I learned to turn my physical eyes off and turn my focus upwards. Sometimes it felt like squeezing the brain. Another good focus target is the back of the head where the Pineal Gland is. Just focus on that area until you feel primed to move on.
Soon after, I began really focusing on motion based techniques, like my 6 pt directional focus. I didn't need to visualize anything. All I needed to do was focus on the targeted direction and then "mental associations" soon followed.

Good Luck!  :-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla