News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

How do I get past fear?

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Hawk

This is the one thing that's really holding me back. I'm a hypocrite since I tell others "just want it bad enough that you would die for it". Maybe I should follow my own words, I don't know. Nonphysical reality or leaving the body doesn't freak me out. But what does are the auditory hallucinations that I think are coming from my house in "real" life.

I live alone, within a major urban city in a very bad neighborhood. About a year ago someone tried to break into my house, at the time I had a dog. At about 3am in the morning I was projecting and when I heard someone banging on the door with a hammer and the dog going crazy I thought it was just an auditory hallucination, so I remained in trance. Luckily the burglar was scared off by the dog, but still managed to break down the door handle with the dead bolt being the only thing that stopped him. I only realized it was real hours later when I checked just to make sure it wasn't.

Last night, before I laid down I felt that I was going to project. And as I was trying to fall asleep sure enough I began to leave. I was able to move my non-physical body around and put my non-physical hands together and said "God please give me the strength". And then I heard a loud crashing sound from my meat body in the other room. I thought to myself okay it's probably just a hallucination but I need to check so my meat body isn't killed. I forced myself back to the physical (which really hurt my brain) and checked the house, everything was fine. I could tell that aborting this way was starting to take it's toll, my heart was pumping with adrenaline and my brain literally hurt. Not to mention it's making me not get enough sleep at night.

The only thing I can think of is just to regard any noise as a hallucination, whether it's real or not. Of course the big risk here is that one day it might be real. Normally I'd say waking up would be better just to make sure I wasn't in physical danger, but I think aborting projections is actually starting to cause physical damage in itself. Maybe I need a motion detecting alarm or something. Anyone have any suggestions?

Astralzombie

Sorry, I have no suggestions but I share the same fear or concern. Auditory hallucinations are the hardest for me to ignore. They can creep me out and sometimes it's bad enough to snap me back to this reality. It's less of a concern when I'm not alone, even my cat can give me false comfort. Sad, a big boy like me still needs his mommy. :lol:

Any girls, or young ladies-I should say, willing to over look a deeply flawed being and shack up with no commitments? :evil:
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Xanth

Quote from: Steel Hawk on February 07, 2013, 16:41:58
This is the one thing that's really holding me back. I'm a hypocrite since I tell others "just want it bad enough that you would die for it". Maybe I should follow my own words, I don't know. Nonphysical reality or leaving the body doesn't freak me out. But what does are the auditory hallucinations that I think are coming from my house in "real" life.

I live alone, within a major urban city in a very bad neighborhood. About a year ago someone tried to break into my house, at the time I had a dog. At about 3am in the morning I was projecting and when I heard someone banging on the door with a hammer and the dog going crazy I thought it was just an auditory hallucination, so I remained in trance. Luckily the burglar was scared off by the dog, but still managed to break down the door handle with the dead bolt being the only thing that stopped him. I only realized it was real hours later when I checked just to make sure it wasn't.

Last night, before I laid down I felt that I was going to project. And as I was trying to fall asleep sure enough I began to leave. I was able to move my non-physical body around and put my non-physical hands together and said "God please give me the strength". And then I heard a loud crashing sound from my meat body in the other room. I thought to myself okay it's probably just a hallucination but I need to check so my meat body isn't killed. I forced myself back to the physical (which really hurt my brain) and checked the house, everything was fine. I could tell that aborting this way was starting to take it's toll, my heart was pumping with adrenaline and my brain literally hurt. Not to mention it's making me not get enough sleep at night.

The only thing I can think of is just to regard any noise as a hallucination, whether it's real or not. Of course the big risk here is that one day it might be real. Normally I'd say waking up would be better just to make sure I wasn't in physical danger, but I think aborting projections is actually starting to cause physical damage in itself. Maybe I need a motion detecting alarm or something. Anyone have any suggestions?
In the situation you relay here... with the dude at the door...
Always check on sounds like this.  Keep yourself safe physically first!
Never assume, unless you know for a fact that something was non-physical.

You will have many more experiences where you'll have a wonderful time.  :)

As for getting past the fear... there's only ONE way: with courage and strength.  Sadly, there's no other trick.

astralnaut1

Quote from: Xanth on February 07, 2013, 18:44:26

As for getting past the fear... there's only ONE way: with courage and strength.  Sadly, there's no other trick.

well actually there are many other ways  :-) for example visualization methods.
mental layer by layer combat sux

desert-rat

I have been using a method . Kind of based on a method from Robert Monroe . You seperate fear , ect. from your body , send it to the white light,   fill the  fear , ect. with light and let it errase it . I can post more if asked .      desert rat 

Astralzombie

I agree with everybody but what Xanth says will help us get over the need to even deploy the other tactics to conquer fear. There's no need to use white light to banish fear if we are able to banish the fear itself. But to that, I say good luck to all.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Mini stapler

I say first off, be practical about your safety obviously, & take appropriate measures, alarm or what ever.

After that, I've used one tactic that has just killed fear in it's tracks for me, & that's just to let go & faaaaaaall. After you've done what you can practically do to influence any situation, whether it be security to avoid break ins, or practising for talking in public, once you've done the practical stuff, you just have to let go, & let things play out. We just can't know what's going to happen, or control everything that will happen (& even if we could, how boring would life get!) & I think considering it's something we just can't change, it's better to just be okay with that & relax. I hope that helps some how. :)

Steel Hawk

Thanks for the great advice everyone. I think I'm going to install an alarm and just ignore anything that doesn't sound like that while in NPR. Fear has held me back too long and I need to put on my big boy pants and just move past it.

Szaxx

When you're convinced a mountain side has fell through your roof you can carry on and ignore it. A hammering on the door... Time to get alarmed.
With previous it's more than a consideration.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.