News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Soccer World Cup

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazbadan

The Soccer World Cup just started at a few days ago!

Who do u think is going to be the winner?

Funny: in Portugal everybody thinks that Portugal will win -_-...no comments, now i dont believe on that. Maybe Brasil as usual or any other team, but Portugal...hmm, i dont think so.
I love you!

CandyKoRn

Portugal, Hah! =P

I'm not a huge supporter of any. Though, I'd have to say I'm with you on Brazil though.

AndrewTheSinger

:lol:

Most people here think we are going to win, but it was like this in 98 and we lost to France. We are kinda cautious, if we win it will be hard for the other countries to reach us, it feels like someone else has to win too.

It doesn't depend just on the players, but also on the rulers, so really anything can happen. I saw how angry the australians were after Japan scored hehe, but I was satisfied that they won.
Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

ChineseRoom

Gooooo team USA!!!! I think it's time we win this thing for once.
It's time to leave the  fundamentalists and the  relativists in the margins of history.

jimu

I think England will win, I want very much for them to win.

Tantalord

Here's 2 jokes regarding the World Cup

What's the difference between Portugal and a tea bag?
A tea bag stays longer in the cup.

What does a Spain fan do when his team has won the World Cup?
He turns off the Playstation.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Darkness is my Strength.Light is my Guide

Kazbadan

lool!! Good jokes ehehe!

I dont know why but i think that the winner will not be a typical one like Brasil or Italy for example. Maybe some team like Chezk. Republic (how the hell do you write that name in english?).

ahhh...if Mourinho (Chelsea coacher in the case of u dont know) was Portugal coacher maybe we could get a chance! :-)
I love you!

Kazbadan

Portugal-Netherlands....wow! i dont like that!

Argentina - Mexico, i wil bet on argentina (i love mexico, but i prefer argentinha..i love them since child), besides they play better. But in a world cup we never know....

England-Equador...maybe not a so easy game, now that owen is out :(. But with some effort, England wil make it

Germany -Sweden..that will be an hard game for Germans! They have some advantage because they play on home!

Which are your bets?
I love you!

WalkerInTheWoods

USA! WOO HOO!

Oh wait ....  :sad:
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Kazbadan

Ok, let me see my abilitie to predict the future:
Portugal-Netherlands: 1-2
Argentina-Mexico: 3-1
England-Equador: 0-2
Germany Sweden: 2-1
Brasil-Gana: 2:1
Italy-Australia: 2-0

Waiting for the results of tomorrow.

(why do i have the feeling that i am completly wrong on my bets?...i hope so! dont wanna see Portugal loosing!)
I love you!

malganis

let see

Portugal-Netherlands: 2-1
Argentina-Mexico: 2-1
England-Equador: 2-0
Germany Sweden: 1-0
Brasil-Gana: 3-1
Italy-Australia: 2-1
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

WalkerInTheWoods

Quote from: runlolasome of those guys look really good but I don't know their names.

that's all I know about it

Sometimes that is all you need to know.  :razz:
Alice had got so much into the way of expecting nothing but out-of-the-way things to happen, that it seemed quite dull and stupid for life to go on in the common way.

Gandalf

Well, seeing how Scotland didnt qualify this time round and England is the only other UK nation to have make it into the competition, I am supporting England.

I think they can do it. As I write, they have just beaten Equador.

I hope Australia do well to.
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Sunn

worst matches every yesterday. holland are evil.. 4 red cards..grrrrrr

england match was just as bad. No figo..deco.. ronaldo for portugal..  god someone knock england out.

jimu

Don't worry! England will play better.

jalef

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
UKRAINE IS IN THE QUEARTER FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we're the first time ever in a the world cup and then this!
:grin:
The truely wise man knows that he knows nothing!
  - Confuzius

Doch

Well, my country ( Australia) went out through one of the worst referring decisions you are ever likely to see - absolutely disgraceful. It's shocking that these officials are the best we can come up with, and why a third party ( video referee) isn't utilized for some of these contentious incidences is absolutely bewildering to me. It's really crazy stuff...these dodgy officials are ruing the tournament. I predict at least another couple of really bad decisions occurring in the semi-finals, and possibly the final. These guys just don't have it together at all.

malganis

Yeah, the referees are bad. I hope FIFA will now allowed referee to use video shots at next tournament.
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Froglet

yea, I agree. there seems to be either a good ref or a bad one.  Not really much inbetween.  But they do have another ref watching a tv to help out the main official.  Atleast they have in the two games I saw yesterday.  Even so, there have been a few games I've watched that have been amazing.

AndrewTheSinger

Man I was waiting for this, Kaz are you still sure you want that other coach? UNSAY!  :twisted:   :lol:

AndrewTheSinger

oh crap, i'm for Portugal now

once again france beat us, i was happier watching portugal than brazil

Kazbadan

eheh, in fact Scolari is doing a great work.

If Portugal was out from the competitin, my favourite teams would be:
1st: Brasil!! Love it
2nd: Argentina (now they are out)

Portugal is playing much better than i could expect. In this exact moment i think that we deserve, more than France, Italy or Germany, win the cup. Portugal is playing much better and playing against the most dangerous teams. France just started to play better against Brasil. About Italy i dont know how they are playing but they had the luck to fing weak teams. And about Germany i dont think they are playing well. Besides ia m mad with their luck against Argentina...i love Argentina!
I love you!

Kazbadan

German-Italy: my guess: Italy will win by 1-0 or they will contest the match penalties

Portugal France: i dont know why but someone will win by 2-0..not sure if it wil be Portugal, but i hope yes. We deserve more than France to be on the final :P
I love you!

Froglet

I would like to see portugal in the finals myself.  It seems to me from what I've seen of the four teams that are remaining, that portugal has played better in my opinion.  Not to mention I like their style of play.

Kazbadan

i hope so! in this exact moment i am seeing italy v germany...italy is playing a little better i think, but...we never know...
I love you!