News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

3D dimensional space

Previous topic - Next topic

Andali27

Hmm...where to begin.  At the start may be good.

Okay, last night, as I always do, I lie down, relax and try to get into the focus states.  I find the feeling of your sense of touch dwindling rather pleasent so I lie there happily no matter what happens.  I was in F10 in fifteen minuets.

I started to troubleshoot the possible reason why I couldn't get further and decided to detach myself further from what was occuring and notice instead of think.  That and phasing 180 degrees in and out of my mind.

I was attempting to get to focus 12 (at least that was my intent) last night and think I may have gotten there when I encounted a problem.  I began to percieve the dim lights and geometric shapes associated with F12 but then they stopped almost as soon as they began and something else occurred.

I lost all sense of feeling, touch, the cutaneous senses as it's termed.  A wave of total loss just flowed over me and at the same time, the shapes vanished.  I had no idea where my body was and I felt kind of floaty but had a vague idea that I was still in bed, though I couldn't feel anything.

I was noticing the blackness in front of my eyes, relishing in this new discovery, but then I noticed the blackness was different now, it appeared, on first thought, no longer 2D and in fact 3 dimensional.  I had the feeling as if I was on the edge of something, something big.  Like I had just sitting at the entrance to a massive space, a new dimension.  I had no idea how I got that feeling but it was...quite indescribable.  If you've encountered this before, then you'll know what I'm talking about, hopefully.

I just watched this blackness wondering how I could think it was 3D and how it could be 3D when the feeling began to fade and I quite instentaneously felt normal F10 feelings again.

I lay still for a few more minuets, wondering if I could get back but I was getting hot so ended up stopping.

From what I read the next morning, I seemed to have entered F21, totally bypassing F15, apparently 3D blackness is common at this point, even though I still can't understand how I knew it was 3D.  It seemed everything was thought and feeling alone.

I know I must have answered my own question here, but was what I experienced really F21?  And what was the whole "on the edge of something big, massive even" feeling I got?

Of course, when I read up on it, I discovered I should have done more while there but simply being there was great in itself.

Any ideas?  Was it 21? Why I speed through F15 without noticing?  Thoughts on what occured?  Anything at is appreciated, even bursting my bubble of happiness :P  (please don't!)

Also, when I manage to get there again, what should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

http://www.digital-transition.net

TOTALANATION

Andali27

The space I meant was the 3D space, like an enormous stretch of something really grand just in front of me, if I just stepped over the threshold.  Problem was, I had no idea what to do and lost it after about a minuet.

The sense of an edge was profoundly there.  I could, sense it, so to speak.  I'm still confused with the way of thoughts being the norm in this state and receiving information by feeling rather then direct speech.  It's facinating thinking about it now.  That was me!!  *claps hands in glee*

I was rather comfortable in it.  It probably didn't last long though because it took me quite by surprise and I started thinking about it.  But I sure as hell want to go back!

Thought equals direct action here, is that correct?  So if I think I want to AP, then I will?

QuoteLooks like you took a firm dip into it though.

*sigh* indeed, but it was a quick dip, I guess the water was too cold at the moment.

Andali
~*~*If you long for your dreams and your dreams cannot wait, turn your life into dreams and control your own fate...*~*~

TOTALANATION

upstream

While we wait I do some relaxing pyrotechnic here...  

Hello Andali,

This thread is yours, so don't worry, your happiness is under stick security and you'll be cherished all along. But be honest with yourself, does it matter whether it was F21 or not? It was surely the 3D space and that's enough for getting started - just intend to move somewhere and there you go.

I think what is painfully missing from the TMI's Gateway instructions is an ancient tool I've re-discovered for myself a couple of years ago and now I know its name too, the Tibetan expanding space meditation. It's able to establish the waking consciousness in the intermittent stages of expansion that all phasing practices are about. You may search the net for it.

After you finished the meditation phasing should be more easier. You may find yourself again at the verge of this enormous expanse again. You can tune yourself more on it by watching the entire field of your vision as a whole. It will suppress internal dialog and make your awareness absorbed just in the right direction without any effort from your part.

You asked what was the whole "on the edge of something big, massive even" feeling? Answering this question with anything other than a metaphor could be misleading here. Maybe infinity, the creative emptiness, sea of consciousness? The expansion really get you back in tune with those parts of your mind where the outer meets the inner.

You asked "Why I speed through F15 without noticing?" Perhaps you were unconscious at that stage. Also, keep in mind that focus states are close to but not situated exactly on a linear continuum. For me F15 is certainly not needed for the F10/F12 to F21 transition but I admit I'm more like an OBE person.

Frank

Andali:

In addition to what the Major and Upstream have already contributed, I put my replies after selected quotes from your message for clarity, I hope you find them useful:

I was attempting to get to focus 12 (at least that was my intent) last night and think I may have gotten there when I encountered a problem. I began to perceive the dim lights and geometric shapes associated with F12 but then they stopped almost as soon as they began and something else occurred.

... A wave of total loss just flowed over me and at the same time, the shapes vanished. I had no idea where my body was and I felt kind of floaty but had a vague idea that I was still in bed, though I couldn't feel anything.

You phased from Focus-10, then to Focus-12, then you continued to phase on towards Focus-21.

I was noticing the blackness in front of my eyes, relishing in this new discovery, but then I noticed the blackness was different now, it appeared, on first thought, no longer 2D and in fact 3 dimensional. I had the feeling as if I was on the edge of something, something big. Like I had just sitting at the entrance to a massive space, a new dimension. I had no idea how I got that feeling but it was...quite indescribable. If you've encountered this before, then you'll know what I'm talking about, hopefully.

Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. Where you are at is the 3D Blackness at Focus 21. You are right on the edge of the physical looking out into this humungous blackness. You feel that "behind you" is the physical world and all it entails, and in front of you is this whole new dimension of existence. It's very wonderful, and when it first happens you struggle to find the words to explain the profound sense of awe it engenders.

From what I read the next morning, I seemed to have entered F21, totally bypassing F15, apparently 3D blackness is common at this point, even though I still can't understand how I knew it was 3D. It seemed everything was thought and feeling alone.

Forget about Focus-15 for now, it's not important. Both the Major and I have had a number of discussions on this over the past couple of months, so a quick search should throw up some info.

Understand also (as Upstream mentions as well) that there is no actual need to Phase from F10 to F12 to F21. You can Phase direct to ANY Focus level. But for beginners who have to start somewhere, Focus 10 is perceived as being an easier state to get to than Focus-21. This is because we enter Focus-10-like states anyhow. While engrossed in a movie, for example. So people see it as a slightly different development on what they do anyway. So they take something they are familiar with and toy with that. Once they reach the Focus-10 state then this encourages them to take the next "step" to Focus-12.

You see, from the point of view of Focus-10, then Focus-12 is perceived as being only next door. Once at Focus-12, with a little encouragement, a person should be able to "let go" of themselves enough to reach Focus-21. However, once you are fully familiar with the Focus-21 state, you should be able to simply lay back, relax, and find yourself at Focus 21 (say).

With me, it takes about half an hour to reach Focus 10, then there is a swirling colourful sensation, and I'm at Focus 27. In other words, it all just flows in one movement.

I don't know if you drive a car, but when they teach you to change gear it is in stages. You come off the gas pedal, press in the clutch and hold it, change gear, let out the clutch, then press on the gas pedal. All the while you are doing this the car jerks about and it's a very fiddly process. But after some practice the process becomes like one swift, smooth movement and you don't have to think about the inbetween stages.

But what I would suggest you do is keep practising the normal linear-transition construct, i.e. start at F10 as normal, then F12, then F21. But don't be surprised if soon you start simply laying back and relaxing, and suddenly finding yourself at F21.

The other point I wanted to mention is there is no absolute necessity to lose contact with the physical. So don't be surprised either if one day you find yourself at Focus-21 while being totally aware of your physical body. It's just that again, for beginners, it is easier to think of the physical body being out of the Phasing equation.

I know I must have answered my own question here, but was what I experienced really F21? And what was the whole "on the edge of something big, massive even" feeling I got?

Yes, it was really Focus-21. You were standing right on the edge of time and space. The junction between the outer (objective) world and the inner (subjective) world.  

Also, when I manage to get there again, what should I do?

Here you need to start being a little bit careful with the kinds of feelings you have. Because F21 is the beginning of the areas of subjective consciousness, where there is no separation between thought and action. In other words, once you step into this realm "thought equals action". Whereas, within the physical we can sit down and feel all the emotions we like and our surroundings will remain the same. You can get as angry as you like with a brick wall, for example, you can shout at it and kick and scream, but that wall is going to ignore you and simply continue being a wall.

But this is not so within other realms of consciousness.

You will find that your surroundings are very sensitive to your emotions and your thoughts. In a sense, this is great! Because this enables us to navigate from one "place" to the other. As you think, then so it becomes all around you. So, to experience something, all you need do is place an intent to have a particular experience and, hey presto, that experience will come about as if by magic.

Say, for example, you had a friend or relative who "died" and you wanted to go and see them. Then at F21 you simply picture the person in your mind and you will find something will happen. Maybe an area of the blackness may open up and a light will be shining at you from somewhere in the distance. So this would be your "doorway" that would lead to the person. In which case you then place the intent to go towards that light, and before you know it, you would be with that person. Or maybe as you think of the person your surroundings just begin to change and you find yourself with them directly. Or maybe as you think of them you start feeling a sensation of movement, as if you are travelling through a tunnel (this is very common with me), and you emerge the other end and the person is waiting for you.

But you can literally experience ANYTHING and there lies the problem. If you read up on some of the old mystical works, it won't be too long before you come across talk of the "infamous void". A place full of demons and devils where it is possible to get lost for all eternity, and all that gubbins. Well, all they mean is the 3D-Blackness at Focus-21, which people in the past have entered not knowing that "thought equals action". So if you release a little fear (very common) you will immediately find yourself in a mildly fearful circumstance.

If you find yourself in a position like this, the key thing is don't panic. The very best thing you can do is simply laugh it off. Because then the situation will just go away because it is your release of fearful emotion that is causing the fearful circumstance to come about.

The problem is, though, the moment someone finds himself or herself in a mildly fearful circumstance they get even more scared, and start releasing an even more intense level of fear. So the situation they find themselves in gets even more fearful, so they get even more scared, so they release even more fear, so the situation gets more fearful, so they get even more scared, etc... that's why if you can recognise the situation for what it is and just switch off your release of fear that is fuelling the situation, the whole thing will just go away.

So keep taking things slow and steady. I am very impressed with your progress. But perhaps it is best to first practice stepping into the blackness and get used to floating around in it and relaxing peacefully. One of my all-time favourite things is to float in the blackness and think of a favourite piece of classical music. Suddenly, that music will begin playing. But with a vibrancy that you could never hear in the physical. Even being live in front of a full orchestra, is nothing like the way the sound envelopes you.

I wish you continued success.

Yours,
Frank

Andali27

Thank you for taking the timet o reply to my post Frank.

The advice you've been giving me (as well as the quotes from you in Major Tom's paper of F10 - which I find is a fantastic source of information) have been nothing but helpful.

I'm quite happy with the fact I pretty much phased straight through F15.  It doesn't bother me one bit (though 'state of no time', is something I can't wrap my mind around at the moment, can you clarify that?)

You are right on the edge of the physical looking out into this humungous blackness. You feel that "behind you" is the physical world and all it entails, and in front of you is this whole new dimension of existence. It's very wonderful, and when it first happens you struggle to find the words to explain the profound sense of awe it engenders.

I was extreamly happy when I read this (I smiled the whole time).  It perfectly describes what I was feeling in the words I couldn't find.  Thanks for that.  I hope to experience it again soon, though since this post, I'm finding phasing a lot easier but I set up expectations again last night so I couldn't get there, only to F12 but I was happy all the same.

QuoteI don't know if you drive a car

I've got my Learner's license and haven't had a chance to drive a manual, though some friends have offered to teach me, I'm learning in an automatic.  I don't really know what the driving laws are where u are so, we have to have an L lisence until we're 18 and then we can get our Probationary liscence (I'm getting mine this year some time)

I will be careful, and thanks for the advanced warning.  Though I don't experience fear in these states, simply excitment which I squash because it turns my attention back to other things.

QuoteI am very impressed with your progress.

I wish you continued success.

Thank you, and I wish u success in whatever u are attempting, I'll let you know of further developments.

TOTALANATION

liquidreality

about 3d space i was trying phasing and i think i got to f10 the first time i tried

then all of a sudden i saw a slight bit of that black 3d space and i was sitting in my living room in the day time....so it was bright out.....was that what u guys are talking about and what fX did i get to? why did it go away wonce i figured out what it was?
Ignorance is the result of the lack of motivation to learn

Potatis

Quote from: FrankThe other point I wanted to mention is there is no absolute necessity to lose contact with the physical. So don't be surprised either if one day you find yourself at Focus-21 while being totally aware of your physical body. It's just that again, for beginners, it is easier to think of the physical body being out of the Phasing equation.

I wish I'd learned this a LONG time ago! I've stared in awe at 3d blackness before, a huge expanse as described here, but because I was aware of my physical body I'd think "Gee, here is some 3d blackness, but it isn't THE 3d blackness.". It sounds like I could have missed some opportunities.  :cry:

F15 seems a waste of time to me.  :wink:

Potatis

Potatis

Yep! It was supposed to be a joke :-)

Hans Solo

Hey guys,

I have been trying to phase for a week or so now and I had my first experience of the 3D blackness, and I am going to try and explain it the best I can for those that read this later and want to know if they are getting close.  I hope I am correct in my description of the 3D blackness and don't inadvertently set anyone back in their development.  

Ok, I am going to take it from F10 on and I don't think I noticed F15.  If you don't know what F10 is then you should first read this:

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13644

1.  I was in F10 and feeling pretty tranced out.  Then, the first truly different thing I noticed is that the 2D blackness became textured.  This is tough to describe, so I am going to enlist the help of Mr. Vincent Van Gough.  Notice in this painting the texture of the night sky (the lines).  Now, the contrast was NOT as profound as found in the painting and relatively monochromatic, but you will get the idea here:

http://www.vangoghgallery.com/painting/p_0612.htm

2. Almost the moment I really started paying attention to these lines I felt a HUGE Shift.  It was like a wave came over me and I sunk into a state of "super consciousness", where my "foggy trance"  fell away and I was EXTREMELY aware.  It was like in a suspense movie were the main actor makes a profound realization and the camera zooms in on their reaction.      
I was more aware after this shift than I am in my daily C1 state (awake aware state)--basically much of the mind chatter stops.  

3.  3D blackness begins.  You become enveloped in this blackness and may start to see spots of color in the distance.  I saw 3D spots of red in the distance that look like the row (fish eggs) on a piece of sushi (but not that pronounced of color.  These spots were overlayed upon what looked like a night sky.  The main thing is with the 3D blackness is that you WILL know when you have reached this state.  Then i felt movement like I am traveling though this space.  The movement was easy to distinguish because it looked like one of those old screen savers for your computer that look like you are traveling through space.  

I got too excited at this point and went back to C1 in a matter of moments.

Well, I hope the descriptions were relate able to everyone so you will know when you are almost there.  If you "think"  you've seen the 3D blackness you probably haven't.  It is about as subtle as a bull in a china shop.
"Man, I just sprinted a mile and my heart chakra is going crazy!"

"Women only want me for my Focus 4"

Frank

Hans Solo:

That sounds about right. If you look back through some of my past posts you'll see I mention about seeing these kinds of "textures" all the time. It's very normal and they tend to come about just before the 3D-Blackness stage. Plus the feeling of a shift, the feeling of movement, not just a tiny something or other, but an unmistakeable happening! Yep, that's exactly how it is.

Now, I tend to see a kind of starscape effect where the blackness is punctuated by thousands of tiny points of light. You saw a number of red points of light, someone else may see nothing. It all depends.

You are correct also in saying about if you "think" you may have seen the 3D Blackness then you haven't. It really is unmistakeable. About as subtle as a car crash. :)

Here you were at the "boundary" between F2 and F3 of consciousness. Once you get used to the awesomeness of it, then mentally step into the blackness and become used to just floating about. Then think of doing something. Keep it simple, perhaps just imagine walking by the ocean or something like that. Simply hold the thought and you should see some kind of change take place.

A "portal" should open in the blackness and all you need do is to head towards it and go through. Then you should emerge within F3 of consciousness. In the Monroe model this is the region encompassed by focus levels 23 through to 27.

Enjoy!

Yours,
Frank

BOATS

This was an excellent post. One of the best I have read and clears many things up immensely.  Thank you Major Tom for the better understanding of Focus 10.  I had not understood what was being said by the term mind awake/body asleep.  I thought I was attempting to accomplish Sleep Paralysis while lying on my back and letting my mind clear. I could not understand how others were supposedly achieving this and I could not.   Apparently I have been achieving the F10 level all the way thought and also F12 most times.  A few times all the way to F27 on occasion but had no clear understanding of  the phasing steps.  I feel with this new understanding great things are in store.  I was getting frustrated after about ½ hour of being in F10 or F12 after the Sleep Paralysis did not happen and would stop.  The only time these steps happened from F10 to F27 was when I was totally fatigued and it occurred naturally almost as if I passed out.  I think one of the big things that screws up a lot of peoples understanding is the words Hypnagogic and Hypnopompic.  I read many times of the Hypnopompic state that one awakes from and finds ones self in Sleep paralysis allowing one to exit to the RTZ.  The confusion comes from the word Hypnogogic which is many times mentioned as the desired state to be in to exit before falling asleep.  Well I know full well the Hypnopompic state as I experience sleep paralysis quite often.  This is the reason I was trying to achieve sleep paralysis through F10 meditation.  I think a lot of people do not understand this either.