News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Application of "Intent"

Previous topic - Next topic

kifyre

Hi Adrian,

Though only peripherally in the context of astral projection, several authors, one of which is a projector, use these basic steps for actualizing intent in general.

1. Gather surplus of energy.
2. Get Clear on what you want (don't think how, just end result)
3. Feel emotion of it already being done.
4. Know it's already done.
5. Release, thy will be done. Let it go.

(Esmeralda Arana, The Path; James Twyman, Spoonbenders Course; Joe Vitale, Spiritual Marketing; Two Bears, Huna 101)

I have not had much personal experience with this, but so many people are saying the same thing, and it's perhaps profound in its simplicity.

In any case, let's get practical. I want to hear what Frank, Ginny, Tisha, and everyone else who's actually doing this have to say. [:D]

Mark

Adrian

Greetings Kifyre!

quote:
Originally posted by kifyre

Hi Adrian,

Though only peripherally in the context of astral projection, several authors, one of which is a projector, use these basic steps for actualizing intent in general.

1. Gather surplus of energy.
2. Get Clear on what you want (don't think how, just end result)
3. Feel emotion of it already being done.
4. Know it's already done.
5. Release, thy will be done. Let it go.

(Esmeralda Arana, The Path; James Twyman, Spoonbenders Course; Joe Vitale, Spiritual Marketing; Two Bears, Huna 101)

I have not had much personal experience with this, but so many people are saying the same thing, and it's perhaps profound in its simplicity.

In any case, let's get practical. I want to hear what Frank, Ginny, Tisha, and everyone else who's actually doing this have to say. [:D]

Mark

Yes, I agree with you completely.

The problem is, alot of these are fairly abstract principles, e.g. "gather surplus of energy". Some of these things sound a bit like "bake a cake",which, although outwardly simple in concept, is in fact very difficult for someone who has never cooked before [:)]

I too await the words from the afforementioned on this, that these pre-requisites might be clarifies for the people here.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Tom

One thing which I want to add is that there is a big difference between "it would be nice to" and a solid plan which has already been set into motion. It helps to only have one possible outcome. Until I fully commit to finding a better job and finishing the degree I went back to school to earn, I won't go out and look for work and thoughts of dropping out will constantly interrupt.

Tisha

oooooh!  such a good topic!  I'll have to come by at a better time and elaborate.  In the mean time, I'll let you in on a private lesson from a couple of years ago.   Lessons learned in altered states are very interesting . . . the simplest things become incredibly profound.

If you yearn for personal power, eliminate the word "try" from your vocabulary.  It is a weak word, and using it will almost guarantee failure in whatever you are "trying" to do.  Cases in point:

"I'll try to stay faithful to you."  (run away from this person!)

"I'll try to OBE tonight."  (you all know how well that works; i.e., not at all)

Say instead:

"I'm committed to staying faithful in this relationship, because your trust matters a lot to me."  (marry this person)

"I'm going to do whatever it takes to achieve an OBE state as soon as possible."  And then DO IT, knowing that even the most seasoned OBE-ers don't succeed on every attempt. Find out "whatever it takes" and do it.  Or "un-do it," if that's really you need to do to be successful at OBE.  OBE is a Zen thing.  Know Zen.  Don't "try to understand Zen."  Aim to "get it."

Intent and will are closely related - - - perhaps even the same.  Anyone who has ever pushed the envelope in a sports/athletic situation should instinctively know what I mean.  Remember hitting that wall?  Remember pushing past it?
Tisha

Adrian

Greetings Tisha,

quote:
Originally posted by Tisha

If you yearn for personal power, eliminate the word "try" from your vocabulary.  It is a weak word, and using it will almost guarantee failure in whatever you are "trying" to do.  Cases in point:

Thank you very much for your excellent contribution! I look forward to your further words on this [:)] But what you say above puts me in mind of a sayng by Yoda in one of the Star Wars epics:

"Do or do not, there is no try"

And you are so right about the use of affirmations and statements of intent - never use a negative or neutral phrase, buth rather phrases like "I will......", or "I am going to......" etc.. Very important!

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

clandestino

Would it then be fair to say that unless you reach a certain state of conciousness i.e. 3d blackness, you can have all the intent in the world, but not actually get results ?

....but that doesn't sit well with the techniques pioneered by Moen & others...hmmmmmm.
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Lysear

I was thinking, one of the best way to make your intent come alive is to do it through some method of magick or ritual. A lot of people who project are in fact ceremonial magicians or shamans or whatever equivilant. This is an especially good method as it involves the use of colour, tools and smells associated with a result you desire. For example if you are looking to project then you could have lavender candles and musk josticks, and then construct a spell surrounding your intent asking assistance of various gods and archangels.

This is an extremely effective way of making your intent a reality as many thousands of occultists will tell you.

Adrian

Greetings Clandestino,

I think it is fair to say that "intent" is required for everything that you need to achieve - without the intent there will be no result. So first you need to intend to phase, and then to relax, and then to enter 3D blackness, and then to arrive somewhere in the Astral.

The question is - what is "intent"? How is "intent" applied? It is clearly more than just wishful thinking - and that is the subject of this topic.

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Adrian

Greetings Lysear!

quote:
Originally posted by Lysear

I was thinking, one of the best way to make your intent come alive is to do it through some method of magick or ritual. A lot of people who project are in fact ceremonial magicians or shamans or whatever equivilant. This is an especially good method as it involves the use of colour, tools and smells associated with a result you desire. For example if you are looking to project then you could have lavender candles and musk josticks, and then construct a spell surrounding your intent asking assistance of various gods and archangels.

This is an extremely effective way of making your intent a reality as many thousands of occultists will tell you.

Excellent observation! A ritual, incense etc. serves to focus "intent". In other words, an "intent" is attached to the ritual, incense etc., to the extent that when the ritual is performed and/or incensed burned, the intent is manifested and becomes a reality. It is a way of separating your mundane circumstances from your higher "intentions".

Burning incense is a very good way of doing this. If for instance you burn sandalwood or whatever whenever you commence an Astral projection session, (and at no other time), your intent to project will always be automatically programmed into your subconscious as being directly associated with that particular incense. The same with a ritual. A ritual might be just such a focus, or might be asking higher/inner powers for assistance.

The Robert Monroe Gateway process is a ritual plain and simple. Specific preparations are carried out before phasing by means of a specific series of actions, mostly performed by the imagination.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Ginny

quote:
Originally posted by Adrian

Greetings Clandestino,

The question is - what is "intent"? How is "intent" applied? It is clearly more than just wishful thinking - and that is the subject of this topic.

Hi Adrian,

Really good question! Just thought I'd add my limited 2 cents worth, and how I've learned to use intent to navigate around the afterlife.

As I understand it so far, intent is an area of consciousness that we're constantly making use of, but because we don't ordinarily focus in on it, say, in our daily physical lives, we just take it for granted. I think we'd all agree that thought, intention, precedes matter and action. It is what creates the physical, the nonphysical and who knows what else. We're using intent constantly, in other words. So how does one slow down and take note of what it is we're actually doing, in order to use it in a deliberately conscious way?

I have learned that *feeling* any area of consciousness can instantly transport me to that place. For instance, my special Focus 27 place has a unique feel to it. In wanting to go there I may bring to mind what it looks like in my mind's eye, but recalling what it actually feels like is what gets me there. Or Focus 23, where deceased persons are isolated and stuck, has a certain feel to it and in actually re-experiencing that feeling can get me there. If I want to go to an area of consciousness that I've never been to, and so have no idea what it feels like, I use B. Moen's Little Finger Exercise to place the intent to be there.

After going through the 3x3x3 (breathing to go into a more relaxed state, gathering energy to boost perception, allowing love to expand within me to boost perception--all of which should be *felt* too by the way: feel yourself relax, feel the energy move through and fill you, feel a time when you felt loving or loved and re-experience that feeling), with my right hand in a relaxed position, I then focus my attention on my index finger, knowing that I'm going to move it in a moment. I then pay attention to that moment just before I move it and pay attention to what it feels like...and then move my finger a tad. You can go back again and again and just experiment with that *area of consciousnes* where we intend to move our finger, as I certainly did in the beginning of learning this. Once you hook in with that *feel*, just feeling it each time you are in that intent area will do the trick. When I want to place intent, once I just feel that area of consciousness, I send out a mental desire, such as, " Focus 27, the Reception Center,"...or "Grandma", or a frequent one for me lately, "3D Blackness", and so forth. And you will go there, be there....it always works because this is how life works. Where so many of us have problems is once we're There, our fears or beliefs can block or color the experience and many feel they haven't arrived after all, where just the opposite has occurred. So, trust is a bigee.

While reading Moen's first book two years ago I was under the assumption that I had to pack a wallop of emotion into mentally stating my desires in order for it to work, or to be heard by the entire universe?---LOL! Hey, if that works for someone, great. Since then I just prefer being in that area of consciousness and bringing to me what it feels like as I state my intent. *Feeling* any area of consciousness is a mode of transportation.

Much love,

Ginny

Do

For me, "placing intent" takes place before I going into a relaxed or trance state.  I'm letting my left brain do something useful and formulate clearly what I need or want.  Then I carry that over into the relaxation process by means of an affirmation, and finally I just trust that it is carried within my breathing pattern or whatever to continue "in full force" as I relax further.  

When I get "no result" I've discovered that I have not formulated clearly enough for myself what my intent really is.  My vagueness carries over into the astral.  Or there is some hesitancy on my part that I need to deal with.  There's no such thing as "failure," viwed this way, but only an opportunity to learn.

Ryan

"The question is - what is "intent"? How is "intent" applied? It is clearly more than just wishful thinking - and that is the subject of this topic"

my 2 cent I guess you could say...

intent INtent INTEnt INTENT! Intent is the freedom of personal choice, Intent is the abstract drive to astral project, intent is the force that makes me get up in the morning and go to work even though I want to sleep for 5 more hours, Intent is what made me drink too much beer, intent is everything, intent is nothing. Intent is the freedom of personal choice, the ability to make decisions, and act upon them. Intent is taking responsibility for your actions, good or bad. Intent is freedom, intent is slavery. We can be prisoners of intent, of bad habits and actions, or we can be set free by intent, by intending freedom from our bodies, our physical manifestations. Intent is knowing, knowing what I am doing at a deep bone marrow level. Intent is every facet of living, from being born to dying, and all life in between. Intent is life,death,decision, and conviction! And it is probably much more that I have not mentioned! Intent is belief!

Applications of intent?

Tonight before I fall asleep I tell myself "I WILL GET OUT OF MY BODY AND EXPLORE". I try to make it more than a mere statment, and turn it into magic, a magical application of intent. At times I actually convince myself, yes indeed I will get out of body! And do you know what? At these times, I do. I get out easily and fluidly, totally bypassing trance states and energy work at times. Do you know why? Because at those times I successfully applied an application of intent, and for a moment, the moment of falling asleep, I believed it.I knew it to be true and so it was. Why? Because I intended it.

Intent is much more than wishful thinking. Intent is knowledge, conviction, self empowerment.

Intent is everything, intent is nothing, just like me.

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Thanks to everyone for your excellent contributions on "Intent"!

I am making this topic "sticky" such is the quality and usefulness of the responses [:)]

I think everyone has hit upon some really important factors regarding intent. In all of these matters where we wish to manifest something, it is very important to do so with the strongest thought that whatever you require has already become a reality. This takes it from wishful thinking to wish induced action.

Another possibility is to ask the beings of the higher spheres for help. These beings cannot help without being asked, because it would be breaching the fundamental laws for individual freewill, and hence Universal laws. If on the other hand one were to ask for assistance by means of your own freewill, then the beings of the higher spheres are usually only too pleased to do so.

Once again thanks to everyone, and please keep these posts on the subject of "intent" coming!

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Frank

There is a fundamental distinction between Intent and its effects within the Physical plane; and Intent and its effects within the Astral.

Within the Physical: Intent must be followed by physical action of some sort or another. Otherwise the Intent merely becomes an idea. Which is basically what Tisha and others are saying. An example I would give is to say, you can set out in the morning Intent on visiting a friend on the other side of town; but unless you physically transport yourself there, by some means, you'll simply remain where you are.

Within the Astral: Intent is what transports you from one place to another. Having the Intent to be at a place causes you to instantly manifest within that place.

Yours,
Frank

breeze

quote:

Originally posted by Frank

There is a fundamental distinction between Intent and its effects within the Physical plane; and Intent and its effects within the Astral.

According to my view the differences between the effect of intent in the astral and the physical dimension are merely based on interactions in these dimensions.

Many astral worlds are vast and extensive, i.e. not in the sense of space but in the way how interactions between individuals are taking place.
Although the astral dimensions are real, a lot of things in the astral which we perceive are just part of our imagination. You could set up an entire kingdom in the astral, including the imagination or creation of the inhabitants, the landscape and cities. Just by intent you can travel from one place to the other, let it rain or alter your environment. The influence of other individuals on your perception can be very little.
The physical is a completely different place. On earth we are living not in our personal kingdom, but in a shared place. The interactions and interferences between individuals is extremely high and very dense. In this world a person is not more or less dependent on factors as his/her own beliefs, views, expectations, motives, wishes and intentions. He/she is also dependent on expectations, beliefs, wishes of his/her fellows and his/her society. In the physical dimension we are forced to experience in a far greater way as in the astral, how we are interconnected with others.

The funny thing is, even in this dimension it is possible to alter things, speed up healing processes, influence the weather and so on. Among other things a light but powerful intent, a strong belief and love for this world are necessary, imagination is very useful. But a strong desire, a craving for something or anything related to the ego will make your intent awkward, give it a hard and inflexible quality which prevents it to flow within this world. This flow (or world) is made by billions of beings. Be in harmony with this flow, love it, accept it, let it influence you and you may influence it. You need to accept the fact, that your intent doesn't fit with the flow and might not become real, at least not as soon as you want it to happen. Fill your heart with love, let it shine and this whole thing will get easier every time.

Greetings,
breeze

PS: Make use of the "infinite improbability drive" of  your personal "heart of gold" [;)].

Adrian

Greetings Breeze,

Thankyou very much indeed for your perspective.

While it is true that it is possible to create anything in the Astral, it is also true to say that much of what exists in the Astral proper is very solid and real, including the inhabitants. I say Astral "proper" because below a certain level, e.g. what Monroe I believe referred to as "F22", you are in the area of your own individual psyche or "kingdom" and are not interacting with other beings. In "F27" for example, everything is very real as it relates to "F27" including places like the famous "Park"

So, I do think we need to clarify the level of the Astral, whilst also taking into account the subjectivity/objectivity aspects.

The main difference between the Astral and physical worlds in this respect that in the Astral, whatever you want to manifest is created in the mind and it manifests, whereas in the physical world it is first created in the mind (which also creates it in the Astral), and then it is physically made in order to bring it into manifestation.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas

breeze

Thank you Adrian for clarifying this. Especially your last sentence sounds very convincing. On the other hand I still have doubts concerning this.

It doesn't make sense to me that everything you wish to happen in the physical manifests in the astral. For example, a pretty good thing that works (especially necessary when you are having a busy schedule) is to wish to get somewhere right on time. How can this manifest in the astral? I mean last week I was stuck in the endless rush-hour traffic on the M4 on my way to London Heathrow Airport but I knew that I would get my flight to Germany cause I had wished for it in advance. I mean at some point it really didn't look like it at all and I was beginning to have doubts, but finally I got there right on time.
Did this whole scenario take part in the astral first[?]

I rather tend to believe in probabilities. During my journey many different futures were possible. There were definitely some in which I didn't catch my flight. But with my intent and my wish to get there on time I just increased the likelihood of a certain future to happen.

Maybe I should add that I do not just wish something to happen. I rather ask god and the world for a favour and I strongly believe that this favour is granted as long as it is in harmony with the world and doesn't harm anyone.

Best regards,
breeze

Adrian

Greetings Breeze,

Thank you very much for your response.

I was referring to the process of manifestation rather than transient actions such as travelling.

Specifically - anything that is manifested in the physical world by human beings, first starts out in the imagination of someone, before being bought into manifestation by perhaps first being drawn on paper as a plan, and then being manufactured - e.g. a in a new house or car. The imagination alone will cause it to also manifest in the Astral, and the physical manifestation will eventually give it a more permanent presence in the Astral. As above, so below - everything has to exist in the Astral before it can manifest in the physical world - that is the entire essence of creation itself. Genesis I is the story of the creation of the Astral realms (as is the Sephir Yetzirah and other sacred texts on the creation), and not the creation of the physical world as the dogmatic texts materialistically interpreted it. The great flood chronicles the destruction of Atlantis. In the Astral realms, the process of imagination itself is sufficient to cause the manifestation directly from the Astral ether, without the need for it to be made physically.

Clearly we cannot transport our physical bodies anywhere in the physical world in an instant (well - that is not completely accurate - it has been and can be done), as we can in the Astral. However - we can transport ourselves anywhere in the physical world by mental projection, which is more or less the same as the mode used by Astral residents to travel in the Astral realms.

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Adrian

Greetings everyone!

Intent is rapidly becoming one of those pivotal aspects of phasing, but yet is quite an "abstract" concept. We might "intend" to do alot of things,but it does not necessarily follow it wil happen.

I am interested to hear how those that use "intent" actually do so effectively in the context of Astral projection. All comments, observations and experiences to relate are most welcome.

With best regards,

Adrian.
Vincit Omnia Veritas