News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

smelling memories?

Previous topic - Next topic

dmoney

recently, i have started smelling strange things from my past. it only lasts for a second or so. for instance, my friends and I started a bonfire last weekend,  and now i smell the smoke almost every day when I lay down or meditate. I can also smell the aroma of different foods every once in a while. do any of you get this too?

James S

Oh yes, big time!!

A number of studies have been done on using the sense of smell to recall memories, and it's been found to be our most effective memory recall trigger.

There've been a number of times when I've been in the presence of a spirit who's brought a particular smell to me that triggers a memory, complete with all the emotions of that memory to shed some light on my current situation.

Usually when this happens, esp. in meditation, it is to bring to our minds particular emotions. Next time it happens, have a think about how the smell makes you feel. That feeling will probably have some importance to you.

Blessings,
James.

Stookie

I've been "exploring" memories in meditations recently, and odors are one of the most surprising things I run into. I can go into a room or area and smell something I hadn't smelled since childhood. And I didn't even notice it back then.

dmoney

i got the smell of this really good candle a couple days ago, and I forgot what it was called, and yesterday I was at pier 1 w/ my mom, and I smelled that candle. it was cool. I think i'm getting closer to being able to fully communicate with my subconscious because a lot of strange coincidences have happened lately, and something will happen later that has to do with it.

James S

That's really cool!!!

Coincidences you say???
Give it a bit and you'll realise there's no such thing as coincidences.  :wink:
Then you start finding out about synchronicities.

:smile:
James.

starfishfinder

Right before I feel strong presence around me, I have smelt a pollen that reminds me of when I was a little girl, and other times the room smells like burnt plastic...
If I would have known, I would have become a locksmith.  
                -Albert Einstein