Personal Technique/Experience (Explore consciousness)

Previous topic - Next topic

Shifter

Hello Astral Pulse,

I just wanted to quickly share a personal technique of mine I've been using for years to obtain a state of dreaming or fantasy. Only now that I'm a rookie APer, I use it to obtain a state of exploring my different levels of consciousness. I've always preferred to live in a dream world than the physical and this experience can be beneficial for others out there.

I use the term 'experience' rather than 'technique' because it's different for everyone.

It's quite simple actually.

First, you lay down and get comfortable as if you were falling asleep or just relaxing. I don't meditate or anything, just lay there perfectly aware of everything around me. Then close your eyes and focus on a spot to your left. SHIFT your imaginary consciousness to this spot. Pretend to be in this spot. Then shift your imaginary consciousness to your regular laying position. Repeat the process for the spots to your right, foot, head, above and below. I say imaginary only to get the feel of your consciousness. After a while, it WILL become your consciousness, if not, it's pretty close.

Next, I focus on a faraway location, it's mostly always imagined. Personally, I am obsessed with the show Charmed,and pretend I have the power to orb (magical transportation). So I would pretend that I orb my astral body to this magical location. Once here, I pick a sturdy object such as a fence, tree, or table and focus on it. Touch it, hold it, feel it, grab it and never let go. This sort of holds me to this location and I slowly feel my physical body fade away.

Then, once I feel I'm sturdy enough in my mind to walk around, and imagine different scenarios, I usually orb off to another location, and talk to people I imagine up or perform different magical feats. I say magical because it helps separate the idea of reality, which is a big obstacle in most OBE.

Gradually, the more time I spend imagining these places and scenarios, the less I have to use my imagination, it's like I'm breathing life into my own mind. And it gradually become it's own.

I found this to be the best exercise/technique for myself to obtain a sense of separated consciousness. It may work for most of you, but then again it might not. It works best for me because it simply does. I threw out all of the "techniques" I read about and simply sought an Out-of-body/Astral/Lucid experience and this technique described above NATURALLY happened. Find out what comes NATURALLY to you. Maybe this is it.

missym

Thank you for sharing  :-)
I will try this tonight  :wink:
Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.