News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Trance technique

Previous topic - Next topic

Liminalitus

I read in one of Robert Bruce's books that to enter a trance, one has to be physically relaxed and has to create a falling sensation. I sometimes visualize myself falling down a bottomless chasm, and the light on top is getting smaller and smaller, and the walls around me are going by very quick. Is that a sufficient internal falling sensation?

Rusty

Holy cow that sounds like great advice i'm gonna go try it thanks :|

NotMarkk

I use a reversing car sensation... works really good.

Zino

I just feel like I'm being pushed back or 'out' of my body really hard and fast and then pop :P
Do by not Doing.

Liminalitus

I wasn't expecting it, but thanks for all the other techniques. If anybody tries what I posted, report back with results . . :D

Xanth

Quote from: NotMarkk on August 25, 2009, 21:13:35
I use a reversing car sensation... works really good.
That's actually a really good one I never thought of.  LoL
I usually use an elevator going up or down.

EscapeVelocity

Thanks, those are good techniques; I especially like the 'reversing car sensation', I'll have to try it.

These are 'trance techniques' that, if extended in a couple ways, can be something I've recently become aware of and that is the idea of using a creative visualisation called a 'rundown'. Basically the same thing, but the 'rundown' incorporates at least two key ingredients: 1) It's active and constantly moving, 2) it's fun and engaging enough that you can continue the visualisation long enough for something to happen.

Two examples: Selski offered the 'trampoline method' and I find that very good for 'warming up and shaking loose' the energy body. I first just imagined bouncing on a big trampoline, then extended that to a gymnasium with back to back, side to side trampolines where I could bounce all around this huge room.

Another 'rundown' that I somehow found myself in was the visualisation of 'sledding' or 'tobogganing' (sp?)
down a snowy series of hills. At some point, I got turned around backwards (hence, my interest in the reversing car sensation) and continued sliding downhill, up and down over snowy hills...and pretty quickly the visualisation took on a life of its own, I wasn't creating it anymore. Moments later I was literally dumped from about five feet in the air onto a gravel road somewhere in a cold, wintery northern forest...I was literally there! I stood up to dust myself off but found that I could not straighten any further than the bent over, staring at my feet sledding position I had been in. Kidding myself for not being able to figure this out, I soon heard the sounds of a truck approaching from behind. "Great I thought, now I'm going to get run over!" I decided to fly straight up, which I did, although still doubled over and as I flew up into the cool, dark sky I shifted and found myself back in bed, from where I regained my bearings and easily shifted out again, into a new environment. That was one of my first experiences with phasing, I guess. EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

kurtykurt42

I like to imagine i'm on an elevator going down many floors to a top secret facility.

Stookie

The feeling of motion is very important in this type of exercise, probably more so than visualizing. If you're not feeling like your moving, it probably won't have any effect on "loosening" things up.