6 months practicing astral projection with no progress. Help me.

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamCove

Hello everyone!

For the last 6 months, learning how to astral project has been a solid project for me that I am very interested in. However.. I have been unable to learn how to astral project. I havn't gotten into the vibrational state once, and I have never even been able to fall asleep when attempting to astral project. This is very frusterating because I am extremely curious and interested deeply in this and would love more than anything to experience this. I feel like i'm going nowhere fast with this and I need some help learning how to astral project.

Should I even be attempting to astral project on my back? I never sleep this way but everybody seems to be getting on their back to do this.

I just don't know what to feel for.. or how to go about feeling for it.

Its just so weird, I spend hours on my back trying to do this and nothing ever happens. It is an understatment when I say I am extremely discouraged, but I don't want to stop trying.. any help would be graciously apprecaited and I will gladly answer any questions you have about my approach so we can figure out the problems

the8reader

one your trying way to hard! two your trying and thinking about it way to hard. if your not falling asleep while doing it then your not relaxing enough. try this this helped me a lot when i first started.

1. lay in bed on back with comfy cloths i wear just a pair of shorts no undies just shorts.

2. while laying there on back get comfy but not too comfy.

3. take a big breath in. hold........ let out. while you let it out feel the air going over your body. you wont acctuly feel it but make your mind turn it into a feeling, kinda hard to explain. do this 5 to 10 times.

4. while still lying there after breaths. count like this one relax.. two relax.. three relax...ect... till you get to 9 then start over at one and repeat. you can add what ever word you want like project, lucid dream. anything. member to still do your breaths while counting. use in breath as one and out breath as relax or whatever word you want.

start here and see if you start to feel things but dont think so dang much work on this and then see how that works for you. o ya keep your eyes shut. member relax relax relax. try that let me know pm me on here kk.
is it bad when your dreams are better than real life!

DreamCove

Thanks for the response! I will definetly try what you said tonight and read the guides on the forums about it to get a better understanding.

As far as relaxing goes, its really interesting.

I'll get on my back, close my eyes and breathe in and exhale for one and go like this

1-10
Then backwards to 10 to 2
Then 2 to 10 and 10 to 3 etc.
I really try to feel for deeper relaxation, at least.. I think i'm getting more relaxed. But after a certain point even after 2 hours of doing this my state just doesn't deepen or change.. even if i'm thinking of nothing, Its like this.. middle ground of relaxation. The furthest I get is my limbs become numb, and my brain just doesn't think about anything.

This happens even if I try to do so at 2 a.m in the morning. I've had some interesting experiences but nothing major so far.

The closest experience to this would have to be the night where my whole body started tingling and it was really warm, but I wasn't asleep when this was happening, I know that for a fact. My heart rate was going up and my body felt stressed, didn't know what that was.

Its funny because as unexhausted as I feel after hours of doing this I just get on my belly and fall asleep in 5 minutes LOL.

Sorry if i'm a bit all over the place with my explanations and posts, haha.   

DreamCove

One thing thats really confusing me is how to look at the blackness in front of me.

I try focusing hard on it in front of me, I try manually relaxing my face while focusing hard. I try not  focusing on looking at it but being aware that its there. I try not looking at it and distracting myself with mental images so i'm not aware or interested in the black in front of me. I try controlling my breathing, I try letting my breathing do whatever it wants while I just let myself naturally relax without thinking about it. I try looking straight up with my eyes closed. I try looking straight ahead with my eyes closed. Etc until the end of time

I just don't know what the right thing to do is lol.

Boom

Hi,

Im also new at this, and had an interesting experience by trying to catch myself as i was drifting off, but before I fell asleep and then attempted to project and viola.  Ive tried hemisync and felt nothing.   My earlier post describes what I did.

Good luck. I also hope to be able to achieve this also. So I know how you feel.  Giving you tonnes of credit for keeping it going for 6 months with little success!  Patience is a virtue!

As for the blackness. I've read that you need to try and focus beyond it and also about 2cm above your eyes. That might help :)

the8reader

just fallow what i wrote.. and just go from one too 9 and then back to one. its fine to look at the black stuff but keep breathing counting and saying a word. work on that till you can start to get relaxed. i use this tech to get me to go to sleep and then in the morning when i wake up i can try again with better luck. but try that and see waht happens. cuz untill you know your body is the only way you can do it. so work on that and see how that goes. if you want me to be more specific on what i said i can take more time to make it better kk.

DreamCove

Thanks the breader and boom, i'll try again tonight and apply what you've taught me. Hopefully i'll get a little closer to astral projecting this time haha.

Bedeekin

Also Dreamcove... a sleep or nap before you attempt to induce will greatly increase you chance of slipping into state.

If you want to do a night time/before sleep induction, take an hour or two nap in the evening. Induce at least an hour after you woke from your nap.

Contenteo

You guys are doing great. If you body goes , numb, they you are definitely on your way.

Your next step is getting vibrations by focusing your attention. This is the part where you can draw in some of your knowledge about basic meditation.

You'll have to confront all the basic issues, like breathing probs, etc. Remember this, the goal is tocompletly shift your focus away from you physical senses
Anything that draws you back to them will hinder you.

Go check out Frank's Post's PDf sticky on top of the Astral Consciousness Section. If you are serious about this, then you are going to want learn the big picture. You wouldn't just go into tryin to fix you car engine, without knowing something about the larger system you are confronting. Same goes here.

Consciousness is incredible one you start delving into the studies. Practice is ever so important. I wish you the best luck on your journeys.

-Contenteo

personalreality

Quote from: DreamCove on April 25, 2011, 18:02:50
One thing thats really confusing me is how to look at the blackness in front of me.

I try focusing hard on it in front of me, I try manually relaxing my face while focusing hard. I try not  focusing on looking at it but being aware that its there. I try not looking at it and distracting myself with mental images so i'm not aware or interested in the black in front of me. I try controlling my breathing, I try letting my breathing do whatever it wants while I just let myself naturally relax without thinking about it. I try looking straight up with my eyes closed. I try looking straight ahead with my eyes closed. Etc until the end of time

I just don't know what the right thing to do is lol.

you're trying to focus with your eyes.  your eyes are of no use now and actually prevent projection when you don't let them "go to sleep".  the blackness is in your inner mind's eye, your imagination.  focus your attention in the middle of your forehead instead of through your eyeballs.
be awesome.

the8reader

HAHAHA just and FYI so other people dont make the same mistake haha my name on here is the 8 reader hahaha  i laugh cuz some one just called me the breader and then i just had a student ask me if thats what it says haha wow so yes not the breader its the 8 reader as in billiards or pool haha.

Boom

Ive just updated my post "possible first projection".  Ive written in as much detail as I can the experiences I've had  on just starting out and how I did them.  For experienced projectors, the thread will be boring. But I hope it will help people like yourself, who like me are right at the starting point.

I have not managed to just lay down and project. Oh I so wish I could do that. But I have done it out of a dream, and on waking state.

Put briefly, its happened when I have done this:

Gone to sleep saying that I will project, I want to astral project. Im going to astral project.
Somehow wake up at 5am. Get up, go toilet and make an effort to actually wake up a bit. Rather than just being dozy.
I really then started more of "im going to project i want to project" even say a little affirmation "I am more than my physical self, I wish to discover more about what I truley am.  If any spirits guides can help me discover me and protect me from my negative thoughts I would be very greatful."  (For the record im not sure if there is such thing as spirit guides but i guess its worth calling out in case they do exist).

I then pretty much let myself drift off to sleep as per normal. Letting the mind wander off to the point where you dont even realise youare thinking about random things.  But I guess the trick is, is to then catch yourself falling to sleep before you actually do and become unconcious.  Too early and im tossing and turning because im keeping myself awake in my head.  Too late and im sound asleep.  But to snap out of random thought and think "ok time to project now!" at the right time and it just happens.  Or in my latest case, I kinda became lucid in my dream and jumped off a big height which threw me into projection.

For me, the few times i've had it. The projection experience has felt like a wooosh sensastion. If i keep thinking go go go go go i can make the woosh go on for longer. I get the feeling (and i could be wrong) but the more I let the woosh go, the deeper into a projection state I can get.  The first 2 times I think i was in the RTZ and basically had an OBE experience. the third time i got the woosh again (by wanting it) and think I had a Focus 2 astral projection (Kepples model).

The woosh sensation I got is really hard to describe.  I can see why the term "phasing" is used as it deos feel like my mind was going elsewhere. Or as Frank Kepple put, like plugging into something.  Its very quick and sudden. I feel my ears go aswell. Similar, but not the same as when your ears pop on an aeroplane.  I feel like im being pulled suddenly. Kinda like a roller coaster feeling (but less physical). Its also hard to determine which direction im being pulled in. Kind of feels down but also forwards at the same time.

Oh they say that people are laid on their backs when attempting to AP.  Well for me, I got these when im in my normal sleeping position, which is on my side.  So I guess for me it doesnt matter how youre laid. I guess its best to just lay which is ever the most comfortable with you.

Anyway I hope my posts and my very limited experience are helpful to you.

Best of luck to you.

Pauli2

Quote from: Contenteo on April 25, 2011, 22:43:52
Go check out Frank's Post's PDf sticky on top of the Astral Consciousness Section. If you are serious about this, then you are going to want learn the big picture.

I'm on page 364 of the Frank's Posts PDF and I really doubt there is any big picture hidden in that PDF. There still are a lot of pages for me to read (1187 pages in all), but recommending anyone to read so much text with so little content really isn't worthwhile.

And yes, I've read several books on the topic. Just take a look at the Books Review Forum.

So my question to you, have you read the full PDF and could you point me to the pages that are the most important? Because so far I've been disappointed with that PDF.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Oni

Quote from: DreamCove on April 25, 2011, 18:02:50

during my experiences, i tried a lot of methods, and i think you try to control everything it could be a nice method but sometimes it doesn't works, so i try to give you some different advice.

from what i read i think you fail because you think all the time at your body, make a try don't think about it, imagine that you are out of your body, try to touch the table, the chair, try to use your meanings, feel the things like the reality (but in your imagination), try for a time to doesn't think about your body, after 15-20 minutes if it works u should feel the vibrations.

Xanth

Quote from: DreamCove on April 25, 2011, 17:06:15
Hello everyone!

For the last 6 months, learning how to astral project has been a solid project for me that I am very interested in. However.. I have been unable to learn how to astral project. I havn't gotten into the vibrational state once, and I have never even been able to fall asleep when attempting to astral project. This is very frusterating because I am extremely curious and interested deeply in this and would love more than anything to experience this. I feel like i'm going nowhere fast with this and I need some help learning how to astral project.

Should I even be attempting to astral project on my back? I never sleep this way but everybody seems to be getting on their back to do this.
The position you're in is of zero consequence.  Lie down, sit up, recline... makes no difference, UNLESS you believe it does.

Also, the "Vibrational State" isn't a goal.  It's more of a by-product...  Don't aim for it.  Just accept it if it happens.

QuoteI just don't know what to feel for.. or how to go about feeling for it.
That's probably the best observation and question ever asked.

Your goal is to remove yourself from this physical reality.  Whether you're trying for a classic separation OBE or a Phasing-type OBE... the goal is to remove your conscious awareness from experiencing the physical reality sensations that are being fed to you.

QuoteIts just so weird, I spend hours on my back trying to do this and nothing ever happens. It is an understatment when I say I am extremely discouraged, but I don't want to stop trying.. any help would be graciously apprecaited and I will gladly answer any questions you have about my approach so we can figure out the problems
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/xanths-phasing-primer/
Try that.

Are you actually "doing anything" while lying for hours on your back?  You've actually gotta actively do an exercise to keep your mind active while your body's physical sensory input shuts down.

Quote from: Pauli2 on April 26, 2011, 03:20:30
So my question to you, have you read the full PDF and could you point me to the pages that are the most important? Because so far I've been disappointed with that PDF.
Why do you continue to read it then?   Nobody is forcing you to read it.

Contenteo

Good advice from everyone.

By "Big picture" I meant a whole gambit of experiences. More then just the norm saying lay-down and concentrate at your forehead. People have way more questions then that. And that 1100 page pdf pretty answer most of them if you are practicing alongside of it.

I have read to about to page 120 so far, but the search feature has really helped me out, because usually I have query. I actually have probably read many of the last posts too, he gets better with time it seems, which would be natural.

Boom that was a really good reply, thanks for sharing that.

DreamCove

Update- Last night I had a huge lucky breakthrough completely by accident that has given me a huge amount of insight into how I may need to actually go about astral projection.

Here is pretty much what happened.

Normally when I go to sleep at the end of the day, it takes me a couple of minutes for me to fall asleep.Usually I can only ever fall asleep on my stomach, no matter how hard I try any other way does not work. No matter how mentally or physically tired I am, it usually still takes a couple of minutes for me to actually fall asleep after getting comfortable in a quiet room.

Until now, that level of  mental relaxation that I feel at the end of the day that allows me to feel sleepy enough to fall asleep has been the ball park estimate of how tired I attempted to become through my exercises before beginning to astral project.

This particular day I woke up very late, and took 1 melatonin pill at 11:00 p.m to help me sleep because i always get great refreshing sleep from it. I take melatonin every so often.

Here is what happened.  

I ended up waking up while it was still dark out. * Sadly I neglected to look at what time it was. I estimate around 2-3 a.m*

When I woke up, I felt this new type of mental fatigue that I had never felt before. This mental fatigue was extremely distinct and totally different from what I was used to feeling.

I discovered that with this mental fatigue, I could fall asleep in any position I wanted in less than 10 seconds. It felt like I was drugged. After forcing myself awake I discovered I could fall asleep again just as quickly even with experimental distractions such as leaving the light to my room on or blasting music or a combination of those while being in very uncomfortable sleeping positions for me, it made no difference.  

Because the transition to sleep happened so blindingly fast, I was able to stay mentally aware during the entire process of me going to sleep.

Thats not all. While I was going to sleep I found that all I had to do was imagine any scene I wanted in my head and in those 10 seconds I would fall asleep and my dream would become lucid. It would go something like this.

1.Close eyes for 5 seconds, imagining a particular enviornment or scene in my head
2.Feel body paralyze
3.10 seconds in the scene becomes extremely vivid to the point of it being like it appears I am staring at a photo
4.I can now walk around in this scene as a lucid dream

I was able to wake myself up on purpose so in this way I would keep waking up and going back to sleep to experiment with this. I ended up having 7 lucid dreams each being about exactly what I wanted them to be about with each dream lasting as long as I wanted.

Continued in my next post

DreamCove

Continued from my last post

Sadly I neglected to attempt astral projection while I was experimenting with this new state of mental fatigue.

I believe this type of special mental fatigue that allowed me to go to sleep in 10 seconds and lucid dream at will was brought on by waking up at such an odd time of the night, disrupting my sleep pattern.

The plan now is to figure out exactly when I need to wake up to experience this type of mental fatigue and attempt astral projection from there. For the next few weeks I will experiment by setting an alarm clock to wake me up at different times during the night in an attempt to figure out when this magic moment is, and will get back to you guys on any successes or failures.

Contenteo

I can help ya with that.  :-)

Today was the first day I have successfully intentionally phased and remained conscious throughout the whole thing, observing the process. I can happily say the path I was going down beforehand was for the most, extremely educational, but a horrible way for newcomers to start attempting projection.

I agree with you Dream, the secret to this was that my Dad woke me up early to go visit some relatives, I got about 4 hours of sleep. I was able to talk my way out of it, I had to finish a paper, but not before i caught an extra hour of sleep.

The feeling you had was the "screw this, I am going back to bed" kinda of drowsiness. In retrospect, It actually feels extremely pleasant. When I layed down to rest, I did not put forth my energy and efforts to project, I simply relaxed and visualized. and I started hearing weird sounds. Like in one of my visualizations, a mason drop a brick, and the actually clink of the brick, made me aware of my visualizaion. Eventually You just phase. There is no "searching" for the almighty vibration(although you can and will find if if you do) but that is not the path to the astral, vibrations are just a by-product.

Anyway, stop takin drugs to help out (my first F12 state, which started this whole journey for me, was when I was on adderal - i have ADHD, i aint a druggy  :-D, and was on 30 hours without sleep.) Simply wake yourself up early, mange some breakfast, enjoy that dreamy state and then give it a go.

Again, I can't emphasize how wrong I was in attempting to focus on my breathing and force myself into a astral projection before i went to bed at night. It helped me understand my conciousness, yes, I I could identify with every feeling i went through the phasing process, that knowledge was invaluable, but that activity is simply studying for the actually phasing process. This experience helped me understand the path, after this , only now, may I be able to phase before going to bed because now i know the Way.

All the experts say best, phasing, is and should feel natural.

Cheers
Contenteo

Szaxx

Hi All,
The 'trying' to get there will not work at all. You need to relax, let go of your body, then you you will hear strange noises and possibly see flashes of light. This will get your attention and snap you back to the start again. It took me over a year to realise this, your mind or thoughts need to accept these as nothing special, ignore them totally. When you get past this initial stage the floating and vibrating will begin. This can also snap you back with more zip. Think of  a very familiar place where you feel safe. This is basically what I did in the beginning. You will get there.
The only times I had success in the early days (1974) was in the morning so this info is good. Letting go of your body is a big step to get past. You'll know it when there, a repeated mantra is a good way, counting as already suggested too.  stay focussed on each stage. You will not run until you master walking.
One step at a time is all it takes.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Tee1234

Hello everyone!

I just don't know what to feel for.. or how to go about feeling for it.

Its just so weird, I spend hours on my back trying to do this and nothing ever happens. It is an understatment when I say I am extremely discouraged, but I don't want to stop trying.. any help would be graciously apprecaited and I will gladly answer any questions you have about my approach so we can figure out the problems

The way I do it, everytime I induce an obe I have to be on my back. Sometimes during one(obe) If I get scared or something that startles me to cause me to awake, I'll get shot back to my body n awake. After this happens if I dont move n stay focused I can get the vibrations within seconds and be back out of the body. If I got shot back and want to avoid the vibrations and not have an obe, ill just roll on my side. So yeah Id say stay on your back. And if you get to the point where something like this happens use rolling over on your side to make em stop.

DreamCove

My goodness, this is turning out to be more troublesome than I thought. Waking myself up all the time to figure out my time frame when I experience the feeling I posted about early before is having a huge toll on me because I keep disrupting my sleep...

Saddest part is I havn't been able to find that state I posted about earlier, where I was so groggy that I could fall asleep in 10 seconds in any position and lucid dream at will. I woke up into that state naturally, although I have no idea how. So waking myself up on purpose feels counter intuitive. The only other time I can recall waking up naturally in a state of extreme groggyness was that one instance 2 years ago where I fell from that state into my first and only sleep parlaysis experience.

Now my problem is..I have no idea how to naturally wake up in this state of mind..

Who am I kidding, I don't even have a ball park idea of how to astral project at all

I guess i'll keep at it and see if I make any progress

InDepther

Absolutely NO! I use my sleeping position. If i was lying on my back, I am sure I would had never done anything (I never sleep on my back).