A Similar Technique for AP?

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

Hi Kerrblur,

This topic seems better suited to our Welcome to Astral Experiences forum so that is where it now is. If you disagree please pm me and we'll work something out.

Very best,
"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The AlphaOmega

Who cares what forum it belongs in?  That's a trivial technicality. Just give helpful input on the subject or move on.  On that note I have found the breath awareness to be a very successful technique, but anything else is do or die.  After reading many posts I have found the breath awareness is one of the most commonly successful techniques out there.  All the rest of them either work or they don't.
"Discover your own path to enlightenment with diligence".
              - Buddha

Jeff_Mash

quote:
Originally posted by The AlphaOmega

Who cares what forum it belongs in?  That's a trivial technicality. Just give helpful input on the subject or move on.

Easy there, slugger.  Nick was just moving the topic into a more appropriate place, so it can get the right kinds of responses.

quote:

On that note I have found the breath awareness to be a very successful technique, but anything else is do or die.  After reading many posts I have found the breath awareness is one of the most commonly successful techniques out there.  All the rest of them either work or they don't.

I think almost every technique out there is, as you put it, do or die.  In other words, what works for one may not work for another.

Not only that, but what works for you one day may not work for you the next day.  Being the complex creatures that we are, some days may find breath awareness to be the ultimate mind relaxer.  Other days, we may find a different technique which works better.

However, I agree with you though that breath awareness is a key (for me at least) in my pre-OBE relaxation.
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com

Kerrblur

Hey I thank you guys for your response, sometimes I wander if anyone is ever going to reply to my posts.  I'm new also to this site lol.  I'll try to make my posts in there right forums next time.  But noone has answered me with the question about ear plugs, while trying to have a OBE/AP.  And if inducing the buzzing sounds that arise with the vibrations and such while leaving the body.
Soul Travel is an individual experience,
a realization of survival.  It
is an inner experience through which
comes beauty and love of all life.  It cannot
be experienced in rituals or ceremonies,
nor bottle in creeds

Nagual

quote:
Who cares what forum it belongs in? That's a trivial technicality. Just give helpful input on the subject or move on.

Why are some guys so aggressive???  [xx(]Insert

About the earplugs: personaly I don't like to rely on external "devices" to induce OBEs; and in my case earplugs are quite painful for my ears...  Not sure if it's "safe" in the long run.  Also, before getting the vibration, all my senses shut off; so I just can't hear anything anyway.

About the sound, is it associated with the vibration?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Kerrblur

Yea! Sometimes if I'm in the right mood, use the buzzing sound as a technique to get a OBE/AP.  and plus its awesome to block out the distracting noises that never tend to bug you until your attempting a OBE lol.  You focus on it, and at first I always thought to my self "louder louder louder, closer closer closer" to get the buzzing noise louder.  similar to the saying to yourself "down down down" to induce the trance/relaxation? lol
The buzzing noise  almost always puts me in a deep trance, its ridiculous.
nor bottle in creeds

holy reality

i think it's best to learn to deal with moderate distractions so that you can learn to concentrate better...

now if you live in a neighborhood surrounded by 20 dogs that don't shut the .... up at all.. maybe they would be helpful, but if you only have to deal with the occasional lawn mower or dog barking or someone pounding on something i'd just get used to it.

i mean the noises do almost always break concentration to a DEGREE... but even if they startle you, you can still pick up right where you left off and push all the thoughts and adrenaline and such aside and not break what you were doing the first time.

at least... i think you can... it depends on how mentally sharp and focused you are at the given time, if you're about to trance and not very coherent i guess it could be a big problem.

i still think it's better to try to get used to it though rather than rely on ear plugs or music.
!..............!

coral1

Hi Kerrblur

I always use earplugs when projecting.I also close my eyes.I believe that removing any physical distractions helps.I like the kind that are made out of silicon;very comfortable.

Happy Trails
coral1

Kerrblur

Hello,

I just want to know if this is similar to a confirmed technique to projecting.  My way of projecting deals with commong stretching and a minute or two of (how ever long it takes) breathing in and out with a mental image of the count.  Then for the trance state I do what you guys call the energy awareness i believe, by breathing in and when I breath out, it is like I force the breath out imagining that theres energy in point A of my body traveling to point B.  I then take another breath in and when i take a breath out i do the same action but starting from a new point A of my body like my feet to my Head.  My hands to my head.  My stomache to my heart.  My heart to my head.  You understand the sequence going on here? heh, anyway at the same time im doing this I imagine the place I wish to be rather its right outside of my room, down the hallway, and or a continual practice of a place in the astral plane[B)].  I have a infactuation with this astral Pulse Island(anyone to comment bout this please do!)[xx(].  But thats my way of projecting.*sigh*

Another thing I do, and wander if its a good idea or if anyone else does the same[8].  I tend to put ear plugs in my ears for less distraction around me.  I have found that putting ear plugs in my ears before any work for projecting not only helps put away distracting sounds but, helps induce the sound that arouses while in the trance state, a conscious exit.  hah that thats a big help on me projecting, I wandered if anyone knew what is the cause of that, when I kinda have to have that buzzing sound around me(when it gets louder and louder, you know).  well I'll talk to you guys later.
nor bottle in creeds