A Visit to Lithuania

Previous topic - Next topic

Selski

Hi everyone

The usual story.  Wake up, can't sleep.  Countdown to F10 Monroe style.  Felt myself drifting mentally and my body slowly rotating.  It was lovely.  Then I must have entered a dream, and at some point became lucid. 
___________________________________________________________________________________

I was in a market square in a foreign country.  To my right was a very tall rocky mountain, quite close. 

The market stalls were setting up and each one was selling home-made beer.  It seemed that the village/town was renowned for beer.

The stalls were brightly coloured affairs - there were big flags draped over the stalls which were red, yellow and green stripes.  It kind of reminded me of Italy.

An older man was nearby and so I asked him that strange question... "This might sound a tad silly, but do you mind telling me where I am?"

He responded kindly, "We are in Cortexia". 

It sounded like Cortexia, but because I didn't write it down immediately, I'm sort of 70% sure of this.  I know it definitely began with a 'C' and ended sounding like 'xia'. 

At this point I realised I was waking up and managed to re-enter the environment by focusing on the mountain and coloured stalls.

The man was still there and I assumed that Cortexia was just the name of the village/town.  I wanted to know the country.

"Do you mind telling me which country we are in?"

Again, he happily responded with "Lithuania".

'Lithuania' I thought out loud and wondered at the marvel of being in a country I'd hardly even thought about, let alone know where the heck it is!!

Then I awoke properly and said the two words over and over in my mind so I wouldn't forget them.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I've just been googling Cortexia, but nothing substantial.  There is something connected with Lithuania that is Cortesia, but I don't know what it means - it seems to be a common word.  If anyone knows the language of Lithuanians, please let me know what cortesia means.  I've tried to do a word translation on-line, but it doesn't seem to work.

Then I looked up the Lithuanian flag and was happily shocked to find that the colours are red, yellow and green horizontal stripes.  Whether I'd seen this subconsciously somewhere, on TV or whatever, is unknown, but I know that consciously I hadn't a clue what the Lithuanian flag looked like!

What a hoot!!

Sarah 
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Stookie

Awesome. You always end up in the strangest places.

"Cortesia" is Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish for "Courtesy"... but not Lithuanian.... if that means anything.

This website is fun, but probably useless: http://www.lithuanianbeer.com/

Here's one more interesting one, http://www.klimkyne.lt/index.php?id=247 containing this:

QuoteLithuanian homemade beer evening
Our experts prepared to you best Lithuanian home-made and farmhouse beers. They are totally different from large breweries production. In the evening guide will tell about traditions of beer making in Lithuania, you will be able to watch short film about making such beer. Evening ends with traditional Lithuanian music band, dances, beer games and other fun. Traditional Lithuanian homemade and farmhouse beer was declared as "Beer of the year" in 2004 by famous website www.ratebeer.com

I'm beginning to think you can google anything you want and find coincidences.

jub jub

Looks like a validation with the flag thing!

BTW, any trip to a place that makes/sells beer is a great trip!  :-D
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin

malganis

Croatia sounds similar to Cortexia.
"What are you doing here, Nasrudin? his neighbor asks. "I'm looking for a key which I lost
in the wood?" Nasrudin replies. "Why don't you look for it in the wood?" says the neighbor,
wondering at Nasrudin's folly. "Because there is much more light here"

Bird

My ancestors came from Lithuania, but the last one in my family to speak that language was my grandmother.
Last time I heard it I was 12 years old and she was talking to my great-grandmother. My mum could still understand it. I think it sounds somewhat similar to the Portuguese language.
But Cortexia is funny, isn't the "cortex" a part of the brain where dreams take place?

greggkroodsma

Selski

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Stookie - I do have unusual experiences - I couldn't make stuff up like this if I tried!!  :-D  Thanks for the links - they are great especially the second one.  I haven't got any further than Cortesia meaning courtesy.  Oh well.

jub jub - validation yes, but I'm not too sure what it means.  The possibilites are numerous.  Had I somehow stored the Lithuanian flag somewhere in my subconscious only to have it pop out in the experience?  Or was I in an astrally created Lithuania, with non-physical Lithuanians still doing their thing at the markets, because they hadn't realised they had died?  Or was it a belief system territory where they had realised they'd died, but were perfectly happy there?  Or was I really in the physical Lithuania?  :-P

malganis - it does, but Croatia doesn't sound right.  I'm still not convinced it was Cortexia, but as is usual, I didn't write it down immediately...  :roll:

Bird - Interesting about the cortex - found this from Wikipedia -

The human cerebral cortex is 2-4 mm (0.08-0.16 inches) thick and plays a central role in many complex brain functions including memory, attention, perceptual awareness, "thinking", language and consciousness.

Hmmm, food for thought!  :-)

gregg - cheers!

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Gandalf

A very interesting experience Selski!

I too have wondered if these seemingly earth-like environments are actually earth or an astral version of it.

I feel that that there is no definitive answer: it depends on the experience in question.

Sometimes you may go to that actual location, other times it may be a representation of it in the astral somewhere. Afterall, you are meant to find everything there that you can find here.. whole towns and cities etc.

Some of them may be based on locations here on earth, which is maybe what happened in your case, others may be wildely different. As for the inhabitants, I think in some cases they are aware of their situation, but in others they may not. Could it be that 'nationality' is somehow represented in the belief system areas, so all those who are deeply attached to particular countries can go to places that corrospond to them?

I think that's certainly possible! For some people, nationality is more powerful than religion, or indeed IS a religion!
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Lume

Well done Selski!

Haha I'm also into the habit of asking the awkard question of 'where are we' to people but always get a response of a name that doesnt mean anything to me and so find it very hard to remember/ to slack to write it down as soon as i wake. You have very good memory to remember colours and names.... maybe I should start to be a good projector and start writing down expirences straight away once woken to remember properly!

but yeh good stuff, must have been exciting finding Lithuania and the flag on the net

woop

Heh im from Lithuania but the word cortexia i havent heard in my langue  :-o